HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 16, 2009, 03:02 PM
Like a Boss
Canada, BC, Whistler
Joined Jun 2006
2,130 Posts
Seems like it flys pretty decent in the first vid its surfing the wind in the other 2... if your having difficulty finding an indoor place to fly.. you can try undergroud parking garages.. that what i do.. gotta becarefull though as its much easier to damage it there than flying it outside in the open..
Heliman420 is offline Find More Posts by Heliman420
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2009, 04:07 PM
Micro Crazy Man
Baltimore, Md.
Joined May 2004
1,531 Posts
Thought about that I would be hard pressed tho to find one that isn't full to Cap. of cars and in order to squeez every cent out of the space they make it very tight parking with only enough room for cars to pass one another the good news is I found on my way home today a building that has all the windows blown out and wide open inside. I am gonna call the number on the sign there as it looks like construction has halted on the building maybe they will be nice and let me fly inside. I could fly inside the warehouse I go to One of my customers but I'd have to dodge forklifts, racks and pallets LOL I do fly my Helicopters there alot but they can fly in a tiny space for the most part.

Doom
epicdoom is offline Find More Posts by epicdoom
Old Nov 16, 2009, 06:56 PM
Micro Crazy Man
Baltimore, Md.
Joined May 2004
1,531 Posts
Here is a 4" WS I did for the fun of it I would love to get this one to fly and for sure I will try I need to find a 10Mah battery and may need to remove the Bahoma set up from the RX

Doom
Old Nov 16, 2009, 09:30 PM
RCG -Minus Member
United States, SC, West Columbia
Joined Oct 2009
1,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epicdoom View Post
Here is a 4" WS I did for the fun of it I would love to get this one to fly and for sure I will try I need to find a 10Mah battery and may need to remove the Bahoma set up from the RX

Doom
neat! put one of those butterfly rx's on it and get a friend and walla! formation flying!
microflitedude is online now Find More Posts by microflitedude
Old Nov 17, 2009, 09:57 AM
AAces High
United States, VA, Midlothian
Joined Feb 2009
2,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epicdoom View Post

Doom
Looks like they fell in love
aeronaught is offline Find More Posts by aeronaught
Old Nov 17, 2009, 11:57 AM
Micro Crazy Man
Baltimore, Md.
Joined May 2004
1,531 Posts
LOL Well I fell in love with the way this plane is now flying today I got it trimmed up perfectly its fast but very stable I'm also using a new prop on it and I like it much better than the plantraco one. here are some pics and some good video

The trio P51 J3 Cub and Zero

flight videos 1/72 J3 cub 001 (1 min 31 sec)

flight videos1/72 J3 cub (2 min 16 sec)

Doom
Old Nov 17, 2009, 12:26 PM
AAces High
Joined Feb 2009
2,041 Posts
I don't know what you did but you got it spot on. That's much better than the last time we saw it. And it looks like you're getting a nice flight time out of that little BAHOMA (sp) battey. Good job Joe!!

You get two cookies!

Dave

EDIT: I'd like to see that Stang fly again if you can make it happen.
Last edited by aeronaught; Nov 17, 2009 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Request for Stang flight video.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 12:33 PM
Micro Crazy Man
Baltimore, Md.
Joined May 2004
1,531 Posts
funny Dave I landed the plane I did a test flight with both hands today to time the flight on a 20Mah battery this plane flew at 1/3 throttle for 17 min and the mustang got 19 min I did post the video of the P51 also there are 2 new videos for both the Cub and P51

Doom
Old Nov 17, 2009, 12:36 PM
AAces High
Joined Feb 2009
2,041 Posts
That's amazing! 17-18 minutes. Can't complain about that!

Dave
Old Nov 17, 2009, 12:48 PM
Micro Crazy Man
Baltimore, Md.
Joined May 2004
1,531 Posts
Yep its awesome time I think on a new battery I may even do better this battery has been charged more than 60 times now. Im totaly happy with the flight I have 2 more profile planes to build but have allready started on my Full fuse versions. I went back to basic flight principles. I did that on the zero and it flew perfectly on its maiden. I neglected to do it on this and the P51 and paid the price of have to remake both planes. From now on I'll slow down and do it rite the first time. I will also be make a post here in a few days on how to get these little planes flying and trimmed from start to finnish. There are a few things I found that will greatly help others.

Doom
Old Nov 17, 2009, 03:51 PM
Like a Boss
Canada, BC, Whistler
Joined Jun 2006
2,130 Posts
Looks great doom, glad you got it figured out.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 05:31 PM
RCG -Minus Member
United States, SC, West Columbia
Joined Oct 2009
1,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heliman420 View Post
Looks great doom, glad you got it figured out.
nice! ya think you've perfected it yet? lol
microflitedude is online now Find More Posts by microflitedude
Old Nov 17, 2009, 05:36 PM
Micro Crazy Man
Baltimore, Md.
Joined May 2004
1,531 Posts
Thanx brother I got the motor and actuator in the full fuse spit Im undecided as to put the RX inside or outside under the wing I was wanting inside to make everything nice and clean looking, but I dont want the battery ejecting into the body cavity.

Doom
Old Nov 17, 2009, 05:39 PM
Like a Boss
Canada, BC, Whistler
Joined Jun 2006
2,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by microflitedude View Post
nice! ya think you've perfected it yet? lol
pefected what? your post makes no sense
Old Nov 17, 2009, 05:46 PM
Micro Crazy Man
Baltimore, Md.
Joined May 2004
1,531 Posts
LOL I Perfect nothing it just seems to happen all by its' self. This is and always will be a learning experience. I dont think think we ever truely perfect anything when dealing with such small scale things.
Heli have you seen the P51 video that plane is amazing in flight its pretty slow and I got it turning real nice both directions now.

Doom