HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by mtdoramike, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 09, 2009, 07:36 AM
Mt. Dora, Florida
USA, FL, Mt Dora
Joined Dec 2006
4,040 Posts
Trader Rating: 70
For Sale
House of Balsa Acro Cub School Yard verson (LPU) Central FL. area......

I just finished building this HOB School yard Acro Cub last week. I bought the kit to build for something to occupy my time. I have 5 fliights on this plane and it flys great. It's a real floater. It's 4 channel and will come with servos installed. It has a 53" wing span.

You have two ways of purchasing this plane, one will be with electronics ie...2410-12D outrunner + 20amp ESC already installed. Just add your receiver and battery I recommend a 3s 2200mah lipo. Price $125.00

Or just the airframe and servos Price $100.00

This kit alone runs $66.99 not to mention the covering, glues and my time.

I WOULD BE WILLING TO MEET UP AT GRAVES HOBBIES IN ORLANDO if anyone in that area is interested in this plane!

This was my first covering job with iron on covering so I would give the covering job on this plane an 8 out of 10.

Due to the size of this plane, it is Local Pick Up ONLY in the central Florida Mount Dora area which is 25 miles north of Orlando.

The only reason I'm selling it is I have plenty of planes and I would invest the money in another kit to build for something to do.

I WILL ALSO INCLUDE A 3/4 ROLL OF CUB YELLOW MONOKOTE if needed for any future repairs.
mtdoramike is offline Find More Posts by mtdoramike
Last edited by mtdoramike; Nov 12, 2009 at 05:54 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 09, 2009, 07:40 AM
Speed is Life
Murrieta, Ca
Joined Sep 2008
66 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Pm sent
xholbyx922 is offline Find More Posts by xholbyx922
Old Nov 09, 2009, 07:53 AM
Mt. Dora, Florida
USA, FL, Mt Dora
Joined Dec 2006
4,040 Posts
PM replied to.

AS far as shipping goes, in order to ship this plane you would need a 60" X 18" X18 box. USPS won't even ship this size box.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 07:24 AM
Mt. Dora, Florida
USA, FL, Mt Dora
Joined Dec 2006
4,040 Posts
I also have the craved wheel pants for this plane as well as original instruction booklet & plans as well as the motor mounting if you would like to use an inrunner motor.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 12:03 PM
Mt. Dora, Florida
USA, FL, Mt Dora
Joined Dec 2006
4,040 Posts
Here is what the Cub would look like with the included wheel pants, again the tires that I have on the plane right now are too big for the wheel pants to fit. But a smaller wheel would work fine with them.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 05:28 PM
Muscle Shoals, Al.
Joined Oct 2004
327 Posts
Trader Rating: 51
have you checked shipping through greyhound. Very quick and very cheap too.
kissfan is online now Find More Posts by kissfan
Old Nov 10, 2009, 06:04 PM
Mt. Dora, Florida
USA, FL, Mt Dora
Joined Dec 2006
4,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kissfan View Post
have you checked shipping through greyhound. Very quick and very cheap too.
Nope, the closest Greyhound terminal to me is about 25 miles from me and I also have heard horror stories about stuff shipped through them. The aint to gentile with your bags, I can expect how they would be with a big box that they got stuck having to deal with.

This aint my first rodeo with shipping delicate items. I have sold and shipped 12-15 BIG wooden ship models all over the country without incident through DHL, FED EX & UPS. But that is with me building a wooden frame, securing the model inside the frame and then covering the wooden frame with very strong card board and then filling the cavity with foam peanuts. Packing and shipping a ship model can run from $125.00-$150.00 easily. This is why I get a chuckle when someone posts a plane for sale and thinks that it will only cost $15.00-$20.00 to pack and ship the plane. I often wonder if this isn't the reason why some deals go south and the seller doesn't ship anything. he probably got sticker shock.
Last edited by mtdoramike; Nov 10, 2009 at 06:10 PM.
Closed Thread