SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 09, 2009, 12:33 AM
Troy ,OH
Joined Jan 2004
1,813 Posts
Discussion
Hitec Eclipse 7 /Corona DSSS mod

I recently finished a quick mod using the Corona 2.4 Futaba module from Hobbycity. Instead of using the actual module I disassembled it and installed internally. I did have some problems finding room,but there was room under the trainer board and hand grip I put heat shrink in between the Corona board and the trainer board just incase . You can kinda see this from the LED and Binding button location. I also installed a micro switch opposite to the antenna mount and cannot be switched accidentally. The switch turns off power to the Corona board and allows me to use 72mhz as well.

The only reason I did this mod is for so avoid switching out modules. Great care should be taken not to mistake what mode you are using. I for safety reasons cannot recommend this and is at you own risk should you do so.
The actual Corona 2.4 board is very small in comparison to the module housing. I had to bend the LED 90 deg. to the board for the install as well as trim down the very long binding button to finalize the install. I only mounted it using 3m outdoor /automotive double sided tape just in case I wanted to remove it.

I will draw up as cad version of the wiring as it's not complicated just easier to see clearly. The wiring was soldered directly to the contacts located on the antenna board. These are the actual pins the module would attach to on the out side of the Radio. Since the module is mounted inside the transmitter in the same position as it would typically mount wiring it up is very easy. I did take some pins similar to the radios module pins from an old motherboard and soldered them in the pass thew holes (module connector) and soldered my wires to the remaining or exposed portion of the pins. I will try and get some time later this week maybe next weekend to take internal pictures.

Jeremy
grumman5277 is offline Find More Posts by grumman5277
to remove ads between posts