HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:24 AM
Oklee, MN
Joined Sep 2009
289 Posts
I am really hoping that when she is travelling at speed, the bulges cause good disturbance as she passes thru the water!!

The plan is now to get her all primed this week, rudder installed with running gears and then the first sea trials are penned in for about 2 -3 weeks time.
Bro in law contacted me about the barrels and hopefully they will be here soon, can't be too pushy as it's a freebie!!!...although its holding me up regarding the turrets.
Even though she is a monster she will be just two channel for starters, i just want her looking good and steaming at speed!!
I dont have the patience or the equipment to include all the different systems that i could install and make workable, that i will leave to the 'masters' on this superb website.
She will be 'stand off' scale and my plan has always been for her to just look right in the water and for people 'in the know' to look at her and see that it is 'HMS Renown'
I will not build in this scale again as there is so little available for detail parts to go for a super detail look, everything has more or less to be scatch built.

My laker is in this same scale, i am planning a conversion to it to make her into some kind of period warship that can sail alongside Renown, have not really come up with anything yet, although aircraft carrier HMS Furious may well happen, or it might just be a less glamerous tanker.

Regards
Derek
DerekCross is offline Find More Posts by DerekCross
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2012, 05:52 PM
Adelaide,Australia
Joined Dec 2009
2,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekCross View Post
Yep you did warn me!!...lol
hows Your builds going?
My builds have slowed alot lately (done a little bit of stuff on the salvage tug and some repairs/maintenance on LB) my job and not enough lights in workshop for working at night properly. Soon to be sorted out when I get a day off that it ain't raining.... now that I have some bills paid I can get the cable for the lights...

Also looking at getting a Type23 hull off a clubmate to build HMS Iron Duke F234...

Cheers Bruce
HeavyCruser9 is offline Find More Posts by HeavyCruser9
Old Jun 25, 2012, 08:59 PM
Oklee, MN
Joined Sep 2009
289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyCruser9 View Post
My builds have slowed alot lately (done a little bit of stuff on the salvage tug and some repairs/maintenance on LB) my job and not enough lights in workshop for working at night properly. Soon to be sorted out when I get a day off that it ain't raining.... now that I have some bills paid I can get the cable for the lights...

Also looking at getting a Type23 hull off a clubmate to build HMS Iron Duke F234...

Cheers Bruce
Good looking ship, when they first came out i thought they looked ugly, now i look at them and really like them.......weird how thing grow on you!!
Old Jul 07, 2012, 11:36 AM
Oklee, MN
Joined Sep 2009
289 Posts
Barrels arrived today!!!

nothing quite like looking at 6 x 15inch gun barrels while having your morning coffee!!!
pics later, thrilled, Thanks Bob!!
Old Jul 07, 2012, 03:18 PM
Oklee, MN
Joined Sep 2009
289 Posts
barrels

really pleased!!
Old Jul 07, 2012, 11:02 PM
Adelaide,Australia
Joined Dec 2009
2,365 Posts
Sweeeeetttt.....................................
HeavyCruser9 is offline Find More Posts by HeavyCruser9