HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 08, 2009, 03:45 PM
fast
ISRAEL
Joined Aug 2007
2,666 Posts
Discussion
No sticks RC transmitter

After using the Nunchuck to control my helis and planes for about 2months I started to think about really smalll controller and just completed new project.
There are no sticks, 10 proportional channels out of single 3-axis accelerometer and original radio buttons. Range is advertised by Uniden 5mile.
this tiny remote is useful with flying wings cause to get rudder function I have to click CALL button twice and aileron put on hold wile Rudder is active.
When true 4ch system need Iplug nunchuck into the radio.
fmkit is offline Find More Posts by fmkit
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2009, 07:14 PM
Joined Nov 2004
220 Posts
Isn't it technically illegal to use license-free voice bands for remote control? (or licensed bands allocated for voice, for that matter...)
westfw is offline Find More Posts by westfw
Old Nov 08, 2009, 08:09 PM
fast
ISRAEL
Joined Aug 2007
2,666 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westfw View Post
Isn't it technically illegal to use license-free voice bands for remote control? (or licensed bands allocated for voice, for that matter...)
Here in Israel everyone got cellphone and all PMR/FRS/GMRS are barely used , leave radio on for a few days and it will remain silent till battery dies. Also I saw few FRS radios capable of voice scrambling and others transmitting digital audio only(data!) so how one knows which data is ok to transmit ? the digital FRS was something like $90 at BestBuy.
fmkit is offline Find More Posts by fmkit