HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 16, 2009, 03:32 PM
Master Chief
Joined Sep 2006
2,279 Posts
They may only be 2 channel aircraft but they are very nice flying ones none the less
Micro 2 Channel in flight 001 (4 min 47 sec)

Micro 2 Channel in flight 002 (2 min 51 sec)
shin is offline Find More Posts by shin
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 24, 2009, 02:30 PM
Joined Nov 2009
3 Posts
Better or worse than

I saw a two-pack of the PropelRCMicropter at Costco today for less than $30. I have the Air Hogs Havoc Heli on order for my 9 year old daughter ($40 for one). We are new to RC helis. Never had one. Don't know the difference between two channel and anything else. Should I return the Air Hogs Havoc Heli and get these?
brianwestchest is offline Find More Posts by brianwestchest
Old Nov 24, 2009, 02:54 PM
Master Chief
Joined Sep 2006
2,279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwestchest View Post
I saw a two-pack of the PropelRCMicropter at Costco today for less than $30. I have the Air Hogs Havoc Heli on order for my 9 year old daughter ($40 for one). We are new to RC helis. Never had one. Don't know the difference between two channel and anything else. Should I return the Air Hogs Havoc Heli and get these?
I Have many 2 channel IR helis such as the Picco Z'z, Havocs, Turbo Blast, Thunderwolf, etc
I like this one the best lately
If you can get a 2 pack for $ 30 i would jump on them
These are much better flying 2 Channel IR helis than anything that Airhogs has to offer at the moment
Old Nov 24, 2009, 03:05 PM
Joined Nov 2009
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shin View Post
I Have many 2 channel IR helis such as the Picco Z'z, Havocs, Turbo Blast, Thunderwolf, etc
I like this one the best lately
If you can get a 2 pack for $ 30 i would jump on them
These are much better flying 2 Channel IR helis than anything that Airhogs has to offer at the moment
So, they would be easy to fly for a 9 year old beginner?
Old Nov 24, 2009, 03:30 PM
Master Chief
Joined Sep 2006
2,279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwestchest View Post
So, they would be easy to fly for a 9 year old beginner?
Yes they would be a fine way to get your daughter into the hobby
And you should have a ball also
They are a little fast in forward flight straight out of the box
if you have large area to fly in they do great
But a little weight near the rear and they fly wonderfully in smaller areas
I used some green florist wire, just a few windings around the tail near the fake tail rotor to adjust the center of gravity, CG and you can adjust the forward speed to your liking
Very stable durable and easy to control for even the most inexperianced pilots
I would recomend them to you 100%
Last edited by shin; Nov 25, 2009 at 09:58 AM. Reason: typo
Old Nov 25, 2009, 09:50 AM
Joined Nov 2009
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shin View Post
Yes they would be a fine way to get your son into the hobby
And you should have a ball also
They are a little fast in forward flight straight out of the box
if you have large area to fly in they do great
But a little weight near the rear and they fly wonderfully in smaller areas
I used some green florist wire, just a few windings around the tail near the fake tail rotor to adjust the center of gravity, CG and you can adjust the forward speed to your liking
Very stable durable and easy to control for even the most inexperianced pilots
I would recomend them to you 100%
Thanks. I hope Costco still has them. I'll pick them up for us.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 05:50 PM
If it flies, I can crash it.
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
Joined Nov 2003
1,508 Posts
My costco still had them a couple of days ago.
sleb is offline Find More Posts by sleb
Old Nov 25, 2009, 11:52 PM
Just an A&P mechanic
Joined Sep 2002
372 Posts
I got my 2 at costco this past weekend and they are a load of fun. ive only opened one but now i want a 3 channel. they haddem for 19.99 for 2 .They come with extra blades for top and bottom, links,screws and the screw driver. now this is too gooda deal to pass up.!:-)i may be wrong but i thought they were 19.99 but they sure werent over 30. :-) still worth it anyway
Spaceship13 is offline Find More Posts by Spaceship13
Last edited by Spaceship13; Nov 26, 2009 at 12:01 AM.
Old Nov 26, 2009, 11:10 AM
Just an A&P mechanic
Joined Sep 2002
372 Posts
Happy T day all!:-) heres a pic of me fun copter.
Spaceship13 is offline Find More Posts by Spaceship13
Old Dec 22, 2009, 09:29 AM
Joined Dec 2009
1 Posts
Packaging

I was reading the packaging on a Pocket Flyer and on the back of the box it states "BOUNS TAIL ROTOR INCLUDED" Well I hope so! other wise it would not fly.
Mikedon is offline Find More Posts by Mikedon
Old Dec 26, 2009, 12:06 AM
Joined Dec 2009
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airwolf2006 View Post
I purchased this heli at Rite-aide drug stores for $19.99.Its 2 channel so I didnt expect much,but it surprised me.It has folding blades,flashing LED light and plastic body.It comes with good instructions,spare set of blades and blade screws,screwdriver and 4 spare flybar links.The controller is left stick throttle and right stick yaw(turn left and right)plus lft.,rt. trim buttons.Some how its rigged for forward flight only,and a very fast forward flight at that.After charging from the infrared controller(6 AA batteries,no external DC supply jack)I held it in my hand and throttled up ,let go and it took off across the room like a rocket and hit the wall.No damage.Lots of power.Took it outside and it was not very good.Sunlight messes with infrared and range seemed to be about 12 ft.although advertised range was 40 ft.It does say "indoor on the box" and warns about environmental conditions.My flying area is small,maybe 8 ft. by 8 ft. by 9 ft tall. I wrapped about 6 turns of 1/16 solder around the tail and started to fly.This slowed its forward speed down to where I could control it.After setting the trim I was able to fly around the room with considerable control.It wont stop and hover but its forward flight with the tail weight was slow enough to control.Tail wag was fairly easy to control thru out the battery life of about 10 mins.Ive crashed it into things about 20 times and have not broken anything.Ive even gone thru 1 battery cycle without hittting anything,flying in circles,squares and 8s.Not for a begginner or child but anyone with coax experience should enjoy this.The quality is pretty good for 20 bucks.Better than most 2 channels Ive seen.
Hello I got one for my son for X-mas and we would like to get a other one can you please tell me where I can get one . I looked all over and can not find one .I live in UpState New Year . Thank you for your time
CareBear is offline Find More Posts by CareBear
Old Dec 26, 2009, 03:24 PM
Joined Dec 2009
2 Posts
Where can I get other one because my son likes the one that I got him so we would like to get more .
CareBear is offline Find More Posts by CareBear
Old Dec 26, 2009, 04:16 PM
Joined Dec 2009
3 Posts
my stabalizer is all over the place and has made flight impossible. anyone else with this problem or any advice??? all pieces seem to be there, it just moves up and down and sideways too much now where the copter wont balance at all and goes strait for the wall...
bri234 is offline Find More Posts by bri234
Old Dec 27, 2009, 03:21 PM
Joined Dec 2009
4 Posts
I got a 2-pack for x-mas and I love them.They aren't like the havic helis. they are realy easy to control.... I might have to buy alli can find.
MicropterFan is offline Find More Posts by MicropterFan
Old Dec 27, 2009, 06:44 PM
Joined Dec 2009
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CareBear View Post
Where can I get other one because my son likes the one that I got him so we would like to get more .

You can get a 2-pak at costco.
They are a lot of fun u might even like them.
MicropterFan is offline Find More Posts by MicropterFan
Last edited by MicropterFan; Dec 27, 2009 at 06:50 PM.