HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 19, 2009, 08:04 AM
Joined Jan 2009
7,643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEWorm View Post
Park Flyer receivers are a few dollars less than regular receivers. Spend the money on the better receivers.
Seriously, why? What kind of range should I allow for, with a 30" wing span model, and a 57 year old's vision? Besides, it's not just $$ you're saving, but grams and physical space.
rafe_b is offline Find More Posts by rafe_b
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2009, 09:04 AM
United States, IL, Aurora
Joined Sep 2007
1,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafe_b View Post
Seriously, why? What kind of range should I allow for, with a 30" wing span model, and a 57 year old's vision? Besides, it's not just $$ you're saving, but grams and physical space.
Suit yourself. From my experience, the Parkflyer RX's glitch more and have caused the loss of an airframe and more.
Also, when someone move from a parkflyer to sport or 3D you can take a good rx with you.
The AR6110 (4g = .14 oz) has slightly less mass than the AR500 (7g = .24 oz). The AR6200 (10g = .35 oz) is a bit heavier but I find that it is the best RX for my planes.
MrEWorm is offline Find More Posts by MrEWorm
Last edited by MrEWorm; Nov 19, 2009 at 09:14 AM.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 11:06 AM
Joined Jan 2009
7,643 Posts
I don't believe I've had any issues with glitching on any of my receivers. Knock wood. Six 6100/6110s, one AR-500, and one AR-6200. I'd buy more AR-500s but I understand they're wired strange with regard to the aileron control -- ie., they don't support true "dual aileron servo" @ the Tx, but implement an internal Y connection.
rafe_b is offline Find More Posts by rafe_b
Old Nov 19, 2009, 01:33 PM
United States, FL, Ruskin
Joined Sep 2008
323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpress.. View Post
not true at all. Parkflyers can be made of balsa or foam, not just foam. For example, the mus, or a mountain models switchback.

Imo, there is no difference between a parkflyer or a sport flyer- i can make both do both. I can take a 72" .40 glow plane look like a parkflyer, and comfortably fly it in a fairly large park. Now, that's not the brightest idea, however it can be done. I can make that same model sport fly.

Short range and long range receivers can be used in either type of model, although many micro receivers nowadays made for parkflyers do have full range, such as the berg 4, or a hitec micro 05s. I myself use only full range receivers, because they don't cost a whole lot more than a short range receiver, nor do they weight much more either
nitpicker
tedmo is offline Find More Posts by tedmo