HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 03, 2009, 01:21 AM
Southern Oregon
Joined Apr 2004
1,908 Posts
Video
DaVinci 1.5 electric sailplane / New kit from Jarel Aircraft Design!

Ok... Here's one of two videos of our new DaVinci 1.5 meter kit... This one is the MH32 foam wing wing version.

The second (video coming soon!) is a polyhedral built up, floater/thermal ship.

(Still editing the polyhedral floater video, but thought I'd share this one for now.)

An intro thread has begun at:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1132261

Price for the fuselage kit is $39.95!
SUPER easy to build and, if you break it for ANY reason (absolutely unconditional!) Send me back the broken plastic parts in the original box... I'll replace the plastic parts for $10 plus shipping! (Even if you build it wrong , smash it with your car door, or the dog chews it up... $10 replacement with the damaged plastic parts returned in the original box is Unconditional!

A build thread will begin by the end of the week.

The power system specs on the ship in the video are as follows:

Suppo 2217-6 brushless (under $20!)
TP 3S 1900mah LiPo
8x6 folding Aeronaut CAM prop

The fuselage kit was built stock and was used for the build thread photos.

(By the way, the video speed is accurate (No altering video altering... The high speeds are that fast and the low are that slow... Although I mostly enjoy flying fast and very low! lol!)

Enjoy!
jarel design is offline Find More Posts by jarel design
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 03, 2009, 02:53 AM
Southern Oregon
Joined Apr 2004
1,908 Posts
Davinci 1.5 Polyhedral wing

Still having computer problems at this end, so there's no soundtrack other than the background noise at the flying site.

DaVinci 1.5 Meter Polyhedral (1 min 23 sec)

Still, you can get an idea of the range of possibilities with this fuselage. This version provides a really gentle thermal ship with a small power system:

Atlas AM2308/14
2S 800mah
8x4 Aeronaut folding prop

enjoy!
Old Nov 03, 2009, 12:45 PM
Where'd The Wise Men Go?!?
United States, NE, Bellevue
Joined Sep 2007
2,980 Posts
Richard..
Sign me up on your waiting list!! Too Cool!
AC5FF is online now Find More Posts by AC5FF
Old Nov 03, 2009, 01:07 PM
Southern Oregon
Joined Apr 2004
1,908 Posts
do me a huge favor? (please)... Tresa set up an excel spread sheet tied to my website at :

www.jarelaricraftdesign.com

If you email me from there, it automatically gets placed on the spreadsheet in order of arrival and I'll respond back confirming you're on the list...

thanks!

and thanks for the kind words..!

Richard
Old Nov 03, 2009, 02:33 PM
Southwest VA, USA
Joined Apr 2008
191 Posts
Richard,

You got your "aircraft" misspelled.

Correct URL should read http://www.jarelaircraftdesign.com/.

Regards,
0leur
0leur is offline Find More Posts by 0leur
Old Nov 03, 2009, 03:07 PM
Southern Oregon
Joined Apr 2004
1,908 Posts
Slepe... uh, I meand shleep, no, slplee.. dang, that's not right either! S L E E P!

Can you hear me laughing at myself from here???????
confused:

THANK YOU!

This is what happens when a perseon tries to ignor their body screaming at them to get some sleep (Shhesh! you should have been here just this second as I mistype sheelp/shlelep/slepe, SLEEEP ... S L E E P!!! (no, really! even the final version of sleep I typed wrong...

*long sigh* Tresa's been trying to get me to take a day off... I'm just so excited about the kits I'm getting together and reviving a business I started over 20 years aog... (there I go again! AGO!) Tresa and I talked this morning over coffee.. acounting the past year (almost to the date that I brought back the Telos (oh, adn as for my normal mispelling... I do that a lot! very funny story about failing english in juior high... the teacher loved my writing and put me on the school paper, but she failed me for spelling... She pulled me into her office to tell me and ask if I had anything to say...

Me: "IF it ever got that important for me to spell, they'd invent a spell checking machine (mind you this was in the mid 60's... there were NO comnputers other than the IBM punch card type)... or, I'd be making enough money for someone to check my spelling...

So... how much do I owe you! lol!

Really... thank you so much. I am just a pile of nerves trying to get so much going... there are several other kits coming up including an FPV/UAV?AP dedicated, platform, a 3 Meter version of the DaVinci (No one's even seen the glider version with it's bullet proof nose!!!!) then there are the jets (not the flat foam ones or the round foam ones or fiberglass, but TOTALLY different! 3D like fiberglass, without the cost!

Then there are the warbirds.... And of course, I want them all done by the end of the year! (eh... we'll just leave the shocked little icon face there... yeah, right... and I will sleep when?

Still laughing at myself and giggling in gratitude fro people like you!

Thank you again!

Richard
Old Nov 03, 2009, 06:37 PM
Joined Oct 2007
665 Posts
Subscribed...looking forward to the 3 meter. Standard tail option? Please
Turtle_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Turtle_Flyer
Old Nov 03, 2009, 07:55 PM
Southern Oregon
Joined Apr 2004
1,908 Posts
Cruciform DaVinci Tails and a video soundtrack!

Thanks!

Yes!!!! The 3 Meter DaVinci will come with a full flying cruciform tail in its first version, a V-Tail option later...

The entire line up will be:

DaVinci 1.5 VE (V-Tail, Electric)

DaVinci 1.5 XE (Cruciform tail, Electric)

DaVinci 1.5 VS (V-Tail, Sailplane)

DaVinci 1.5 XS (Cruciform Tail, Sailplane)

The same notations will apply for the DaVinci 3 Meter.

If you visit the DaVinci "Intro" thread over in the electric sailplanes forum there are some photos of an actual full flying Cruciform tail I designed and built for a larger sailplane... I still have a few parts but lost the tooling during my move from LA to Oregon... Enough information to extrapolate and re-create!

I'm working on the DaVinci build thread as we speak.. (I should be sleeping... I feel like I have jet lag or have been up for days... actually, come to think of it, I think that's part of what's going on! lol!

Not sure if I'll have it completed tonight... photos are pretty much there, a little more tweaking, but a lot more writing... This Build Thread was created building the two DaVinci's you see in the photos and videos after building a few for fitting purposes. These were built and photo-documented with measurements and steps recorded in order.

If you've seen any of my other build threads: (Telos, Icon...) They're pretty extensive leaving nothing to chance... If you know what you're doing, these kits are just too easy to build... If you don't they're still too easy... it's just nice to have someone "building next to you" to shed some light... I'll also offer ideas for modifications and options... (V-Tail mixing with two servos, Carbon Fiber boom, different glues fitting different batteries etc...

Ok... back to writing.

Oh! I finally got the polyhedral video set up with a sound track... A much better presentation!

DaVinci 1.5 Meter Polyhedral (1 min 23 sec)

Until later,

Thanks again for visiting!

Richard (just mystyped my name three times! (And yes, so is mistyped!) LOL!
Old Nov 03, 2009, 09:57 PM
Southern Oregon
Joined Apr 2004
1,908 Posts
V-Tails & "X-Tails":

Hello all,
After my last post, I jsut got a surge of people wanting to order the X-Tailed version of the DaVinci 1.5...

Sorry, but it's not going to happen for a while (There's just not enough of me!)

The two DaVinci 1.5 fuselage kits will be first One electric, one sailplane, both with the V-Tail you see in the photos and videos... after that, the 3 meter DaVinci with a cruciform tail, Then I have to complete my UAV/FPV/AP kit becore continuing... at that point, I will get to work on wing kits for the DaVinci 1.5 meter delux kits and offer both V-Tail and X-tail versions...

I'm hope I didn't make it sound like these were all available now or any time real soon... The DaVinci E will be available in about two weeks, the Sailplane version, maybe a couple of weeks after that. I'm hoping the 3 meter DaVinci will be available before the end of the year.

If you keep track of the threads, I will continue to provide updates as they happen...

Thanks!

Richard
Old Nov 04, 2009, 08:08 PM
Southern Oregon
Joined Apr 2004
1,908 Posts
Build log posted!

For those of you who are interested, I just started a build log with lots of photos and building video to show how easy this kit is to build...

Here's the link:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1137256

The waiting list has been growing and production tooling is getting closer to completion. again, those of you who are interested in getting placed on the list, please contact me through my website at:

www.jarelaircraftdesign.com

Thank you!

Best,
Richard