Old Nov 02, 2009, 04:53 PM
RCG Staff Member
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Oct 2003
5,280 Posts
Video
eRC Micro P-51D Mustang Ridge Runner III RTF

2.4 GHz radio & 2 batteries - everything included for $99.99
eRC Micro P-51D Mustang "Ridge Runner" is the first in a series of authentic Micro Warbirds from eRC. 14-1/2" wingspan, 13-1/2" long, 35 sq. in. wing area, 1.1 oz. flying weight. Ready to fly right out of the box. Comes with 2 flight batteries to keep you flying. The transmitter is a 2.4 GHz 4-channel radio. The P-51 is completely built and decorated in authentic Ridge Runner III colors and includes a pre-installed geared, brushed motor, receiver and proportional servos.

Model can be flown indoors or outdoors in calm winds. Designed with the sport flyer in mind - pilots will enjoy the stable flight characteristics, durability, and great scale details. Landing gear are removable, airplane can be flown with or without it. Use the included display stand to showcase your WWII Fighter.
Jason Cole is offline Find More Posts by Jason Cole
Administrator
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 02, 2009, 08:49 PM
Long Island NY
Joined Feb 2009
134 Posts
put me down for one.
Just add invasion stripes and Ill buy 2!
VA174 is offline Find More Posts by VA174
Old Nov 02, 2009, 08:51 PM
Canada
Joined Nov 2000
6,980 Posts
How much WITHOUT the $39 2.4 radio??
Bare is offline Find More Posts by Bare
Old Nov 02, 2009, 09:53 PM
"Jesters" KC-135 Demo Team
United States, MI, Ypsilanti
Joined Sep 2005
1,656 Posts
Can it be bound to the DX6 and 7?
kc135boomer is offline Find More Posts by kc135boomer
Old Nov 03, 2009, 08:50 AM
RCG Staff Member
Joined Oct 2003
5,280 Posts
Hey guys,
It only comes as a RTF with the radio. The Rx is not compatible with Spektrum radios. I'll be flying them up at the JR Indoor event this weekend.

Thanks,
Jason Cole
Hobby Lobby
Administrator
Old Nov 03, 2009, 01:09 PM
Checking CG is for NERDS!
Joined Jun 2005
5,347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboone View Post
It only comes as a RTF with the radio...
While these are really sharp, the fact that you have to buy the proprietary 2.4ghz radio once (rather than the PNP/BNF that we're used to) is annoying...and paying for this single application transmitter more than once is ver unappealing and it makes it hard to imagine buying more than one.

I do love the looks though. Keeping my eye on the spitfire.
Smokescreen38 is offline Find More Posts by Smokescreen38
Old Nov 03, 2009, 04:21 PM
United States, WI, Milwaukee
Joined Sep 2006
190 Posts
I see you mentioned a 4-channel transmitter, but you really should also mention that this is a 3-channel plane (no rudder). That's rather misleading.
ssstraub is offline Find More Posts by ssstraub
Old Nov 03, 2009, 05:18 PM
Joined Oct 2009
152 Posts
Why did they build them without being spectrum compatible? Can you use the PZ or E-Flite batteries with these or visa versa?
reverse.sensin is offline Find More Posts by reverse.sensin
Old Nov 03, 2009, 05:33 PM
RCG Staff Member
Joined Oct 2003
5,280 Posts
We'll talk about a BNF package to use the radio from the first plane in the series. The e-flite/parkzone batteries will work with these.
Administrator
Old Nov 03, 2009, 05:43 PM
Chicago, IL
Joined Nov 1999
2,051 Posts
I noticed in the video that the flight looked pretty sedate, no loops or rolls. Are those outside of the performance envelope?
Angelo is offline Find More Posts by Angelo
Old Nov 03, 2009, 05:53 PM
RCG Staff Member
Joined Oct 2003
5,280 Posts
Yep,
It can do loops, but rolls are pretty much not gonna happen and there not meant to with these. If you wants to horse around and do aerobatics than the ParkZone P-51 is the one you want. These are meant to be super easy to fly, stable, relaxing and more scaled out. It's not for everybody.

Thanks,
Jason Cole
Hobby Lobby
Administrator
Old Nov 03, 2009, 08:06 PM
Joined Oct 2009
152 Posts
Jason - You are a great representative to Hobby Lobby. Thank you for your honest responses, readers appreciate it. I would definately buy both these aircraft if they were sold in a BNF package. I just have too many transmitters and would like to combine all my planes on to one. Buying another transmitter just doesnt make sense to me. The battery compatability is clutch, that makes it easier for modelers at the field and for the wallet. Thank you once again for your genuine responses, good job.
reverse.sensin is offline Find More Posts by reverse.sensin
Old Nov 03, 2009, 08:41 PM
Chicago, IL
Joined Nov 1999
2,051 Posts
Jason, thanks for the response. It does look better than the PZ Mustang, I like the fact that it has a real canopy, not foam, like the markings better, too. The price is another big plus. Still, Mustangs should be able to roll! Maybe I'll get that Spitfire when it comes out, that really looks sharp.
Old Nov 07, 2009, 02:05 AM
wishing for Tomcat...
United States, CA, Irvine
Joined Jun 2009
727 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboone View Post
Yep,
It can do loops, but rolls are pretty much not gonna happen and there not meant to with these. If you wants to horse around and do aerobatics than the ParkZone P-51 is the one you want. These are meant to be super easy to fly, stable, relaxing and more scaled out. It's not for everybody.

Thanks,
Jason Cole
Hobby Lobby
Hobby lobby normally puts out flight videos that really shows off the plane, but this p-51 can't seem to even hold a steep level turn. Given such soft performance, it probably should be described better as for beginners rather than sport/intermediate pilot. With no rudder for ground handling and limited roll authority. It's pretty much limited to doing takeoff, landing and turns.

I like the scale looks of this mustang but not having sufficient performance for scaled fighter flight means no sale to me and probably most mustang lovers.

On the other hand, a BNF version with comparable performance to the PKZ p-51, including 4 channel control, without the parkzone issues would covert me and many others into buyers. I sincerely hope for performance improvements in this ERC P-51 and the spitfire.
turbinefancy is online now Find More Posts by turbinefancy
Old Nov 07, 2009, 08:52 AM
Chicago, IL
Joined Nov 1999
2,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbinefancy View Post
On the other hand, a BNF version with comparable performance to the PKZ p-51, including 4 channel control, without the parkzone issues would covert me and many others into buyers. I sincerely hope for performance improvements in this ERC P-51 and the spitfire.
Even without the rudder (which would probably up the price) I would be satisfied with decent power. It looks better than the PZ Mustang, and that Spitfire looks WAY cool, but the low power just doesn't cut it on a fighter.

I give HL credit for being honest in their evaluation, it takes some integrity to say your competition has more power.