SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by deckert, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 01, 2009, 11:50 PM
Plowin Dirt
USA, WA, Benton City
Joined Oct 2007
1,603 Posts
Discussion
Another 'whudda thunk it' day

Did the honey-do's asap this morning and am ahead of schedule due to the time change. Dead calm and 50 degrees...Look out gravity..here I come. Took out the;
TC 450
GP-DR VII
Lee Ulinger SF-1/foamy
Stevens Aero Stella
E-Flite Extra 260/480
Hyperion Cap 232/25E
Pilot-1 Stinson 108
All up and down and all ok.
What really surprises me is the difference between the SF1 Ulinger foamy and the Stevens Aero Stella. Both birds are the same weight w/o lipos but the SA bird just screams across the sky. And lordy help me if I run it on 100% throws. I don't know why I haven't ripped the wings off. The foamy just seems to have a lot of drag but is a hoot to fly. I've never had a foamy except for this one. (6mm flat Depron) I'm just going to have to get one of his lighter birds for trials. I run the foamy on a 1320 lipo and the Stella on a 2170 lipo. (The 2170 makes perfect balance) Both birds have the same Spektrum 6100, CC-25 esc and Hacker 20-20's. Hmm, interesting. I don't remember the props. Oh well..whudda thunk the weather would be so darn nice on Nov. 1 in this country.

Dan
deckert is offline Find More Posts by deckert
to remove ads between posts