HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 31, 2009, 07:05 PM
RC Addict
Western NY
Joined Jun 2002
1,668 Posts
Discussion
Just got my Blade MSR, swash question

I just bound my MSR to my DX7 and I just wanted to know if most of you guys are putting the links on the more aggressive (longer) swash balls or just turning up the end points and adding Neg expo to the cyclic channels to make the heli respond better?
Raydee is offline Find More Posts by Raydee
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2009, 07:36 PM
Coaxially Fixated
Rochester N.Y.
Joined Oct 2005
1,899 Posts
Hi
you have to be carefull turning the endpoints up , as the mSR has linier servos and bottoming them in thier slots is something you don't want to do , most i have seen are pretty much full throw at 100%

i moved my links to the longer set on the swash and it didn't seem to be that much of a difference , fly it stock and if you feel it is too soft , move them out , you can always move them back

it is a fun little machine , cheers
copperclad is offline Find More Posts by copperclad
Old Oct 31, 2009, 07:37 PM
Joined Jan 2008
784 Posts
Cranking up travel adjust does nothing on my mSR. The servos don't move at all beyond 100%. I think it's a 5-in-1 firmware thing because they don't try to jam hard against the stops at settings above 100%.

Try both sets of swash balls. It all depends on your style. I went back to the short noob balls for indoors flying under the coffee table, landing on a bookshelf, etc. Outside ripping really comes to life on the longer.

I'm using the flight mode switch to control dual rates and expo on the tx end, gear switch for the rx. You can get a *lot* of on the fly options that way. Too many. I swap links every now and then, but always worry that I'll break something. I'm finding the short balls and heavy tx expo more suitable most of the time now that the weather is getting crappy.
41North is offline Find More Posts by 41North
Old Oct 31, 2009, 07:51 PM
RC Addict
Western NY
Joined Jun 2002
1,668 Posts
Thanks for the reply guys. I bought this heli to fly indoor only during the winter months here in NY. I just put -50 expo on each channel and I already like the heli ay better. I am going to put a little more EXPO in and see how it feels. I am trying to make it feel like my other heli's ......to a point anyway.
Old Nov 01, 2009, 08:04 AM
RC Addict
Western NY
Joined Jun 2002
1,668 Posts
What a blast this little heli is! With the neg expo it flies much better in y little house. This heli will def keep me in good practice this winter.
Old Nov 01, 2009, 11:11 AM
United States, VA, Woodbridge
Joined May 2009
1,158 Posts
After I got used to it, I found that the more aggressive the controls are, the easier it is to fly indoors to be able to react quickly. Although I just use all standard long balls/100% throws and -25% expo on the tail only after playing around with a bunch of other setups, feels 'balanced' on all sticks that way. I can land on soda cans(full) pretty consistently and fly into the corner shower enclosure through the top and go piro crazy I have yet to try it when its occupied however...
kevinb120 is offline Find More Posts by kevinb120
Old Jan 01, 2010, 04:26 AM
Joined Jan 2005
1 Posts
What is the default lenght of the pushrods on the MSR's as a friend has lenghten them to try and overcome a trim issue and wants to reset them to factory,
Forward is offline Find More Posts by Forward
Old Jan 01, 2010, 09:06 AM
Coaxially Fixated
Rochester N.Y.
Joined Oct 2005
1,899 Posts
Hi
on mine they are still stock and both measure in at 26.5mm ( 1.042" ) from the center of the "Z" to the center of the ball , i am guessing that 1 inch center to center should be close enough , HTH
copperclad is offline Find More Posts by copperclad
Last edited by copperclad; Jan 01, 2010 at 09:18 AM.