HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 10, 2013, 06:48 PM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Aug 2004
9,467 Posts
found a three servos, an esc and bec laying in the basement...means i must put it in a plane. anyone have any idea when the 72 will be back in stock? i signed up for a notification a while back, just curious if anyone heard it somewhere i missed
rcbirk21 is offline Find More Posts by rcbirk21
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Joe's Battery Contraption
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2013, 07:09 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,843 Posts
No more 3DHS planes.....they went out of business last week....

SteveT.
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Feb 10, 2013, 07:44 PM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,151 Posts
I already miss my spark!
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Old Feb 10, 2013, 08:07 PM
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj View Post
I already miss my spark!
8s Rob .. My batteries are in the same place now since I have the 5320.
livinma1 is offline Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 10, 2013, 09:10 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jun 2012
1,881 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbirk21 View Post
found a three servos, an esc and bec laying in the basement...means i must put it in a plane. anyone have any idea when the 72 will be back in stock? i signed up for a notification a while back, just curious if anyone heard it somewhere i missed
Adc told me it would be coming likely in the next container which is due late feb or early march. Had one on order since dec. *twiddle thumbs*!

Btw did you ever get those savox 2272s running?
rayonnair is offline Find More Posts by rayonnair
Old Feb 10, 2013, 09:15 PM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
Joined Aug 2004
9,467 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayonnair View Post
Adc told me it would be coming likely in the next container which is due late feb or early march. Had one on order since dec. *twiddle thumbs*!

Btw did you ever get those savox 2272s running?
yessir, they are 2271's. i actually hooked the amp meter up to them earlier this evening. i couldnt get them to pull more than ~1.7 amps a piece. i assume they will load more in the air (even though i had someone hold onto the servo arm to bind it), so i would say no problems running 4 of them on a bec pro on 6s, which is pro-rated for 13 amps continuous. but boy are they fast on 8.5v
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:51 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jun 2012
1,881 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbirk21 View Post
yessir, they are 2271's. i actually hooked the amp meter up to them earlier this evening. i couldnt get them to pull more than ~1.7 amps a piece. i assume they will load more in the air (even though i had someone hold onto the servo arm to bind it), so i would say no problems running 4 of them on a bec pro on 6s, which is pro-rated for 13 amps continuous. but boy are they fast on 8.5v
My mistake. I meant the 2271s. Which is what I bought too. All this waiting and anticipation has obviously addled my brain . I'm surprised you only managed 1.7 amps! Mine were spiking out at over 2 amps and I think they hit 3 once or twice. They were also getting pretty warm. Maybe running it off of fully charged 2S lipo is not a good idea, maybe I should charge the lipos to 90% or something before running them.

In other extra related news, my cat just decided that the battery leads for the 2x 4S 4000 batteries (intended to run the extra) were a fun toy to play with. I almost had a heart attack when I turned around and saw what she was up to with her claws and her teeth. I have to re-heat-shrink that portion now!
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:12 AM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
Joined Aug 2004
9,467 Posts
Quote:
My mistake. I meant the 2271s. Which is what I bought too. All this waiting and anticipation has obviously addled my brain . I'm surprised you only managed 1.7 amps! Mine were spiking out at over 2 amps and I think they hit 3 once or twice. They were also getting pretty warm. Maybe running it off of fully charged 2S lipo is not a good idea, maybe I should charge the lipos to 90% or something before running them.
shouldnt matter. i am running a regulated 8.5v, the max your lipos will go to. what kind of testing did you do to get that 3 amps? was it static, or logging from a flight?
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:20 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jun 2012
1,881 Posts
Static no-load, just wiggling the sticks about from end to end. The servos were running directly off a 2S lipo.

Maybe next weekend I will assemble the other wattmeter and see what I get. Could be the watts up meter I was using?
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:42 AM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
Joined Aug 2004
9,467 Posts
Quote:
Static no-load, just wiggling the sticks about from end to end. The servos were running directly off a 2S lipo.

Maybe next weekend I will assemble the other wattmeter and see what I get. Could be the watts up meter I was using?
hmmm, wierd. i was using the hangar-9 amp meter made for servos. shouldnt be that big of a difference. with just wiggling the sticks i couldnt get above 1.1 or so amps, only got the 1.7 when holding the servo and making it bind.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:50 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jun 2012
1,881 Posts
Yup . If I ever get it figured out I'll let everyone know. The amp draw is the reason why I decided that the BEC pro I bought wasn't going to cut it. Especially on 8S. We will see on a re-test
Old Feb 12, 2013, 04:25 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jun 2012
1,881 Posts
Some drunk doodling. I just want the top view to be different. What do you guys think? Yes? No? Maybe? Vomit-inducing? Plain stupid?

On a separate note, does anyone know the specific ultracote colours used on this bird? My LHS has a big range of "oracover" film which I understand is the same as ultracote but with different branding, it's time to go shopping soon for some covering film .
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:19 AM
Team 3DHS
USA, OH, Macedonia
Joined Jul 2009
3,241 Posts
Quote:
Some drunk doodling. I just want the top view to be different. What do you guys think? Yes? No? Maybe? Vomit-inducing? Plain stupid?

On a separate note, does anyone know the specific ultracote colours used on this bird? My LHS has a big range of "oracover" film which I understand is the same as ultracote but with different branding, it's time to go shopping soon for some covering film .
Red, White, Blue
Ultracote Pearl Blue
Ultracote White
Ultracote True Red

Blue, Yellow, White
Ultracote Pearl Blue
Ultracote White
Ultracote Bright Yellow
djmoose is offline Find More Posts by djmoose
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:28 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,843 Posts
Quote:

Looks great!! And, DJMoose, has taken care of you on the colors...

SteveT.
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:09 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jun 2012
1,881 Posts
Thanks djmoose, it looks like the equivalent oracover colours for the red/white/blue extra are:

Code:
Ultracote              Oracover
Ultracote Pearl Blue   21-057 pearl blue
Ultracote White        21-010 white
Ultracote True Red     21-023 ferrari red
Thanks Steve. I've a few more doodles... plenty of time to settle on something I like, I suppose. Now I'm sober it looks like ice cream... mmm, ice cream.