HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 25, 2013, 08:51 PM
OOPS
Manta1's Avatar
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer View Post
Whats the motrolfly motor of choice for this one?
hehe NICE!
4325 will pull it great.
4330 will pull it better,may even balance it a bit better too.
5330 will too (I think overkill but what do I know) Balance I've heard it balances fine with it.
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:21 PM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Irg's Avatar
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Apr 2009
7,647 Posts
is it correct that the 43xx motors can be wound for 8s or 6s? and that the 53xx has only been used for 8s?
Irg is offline Find More Posts by Irg
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:39 PM
Team 3DHS
wamsy55's Avatar
Nashville , Tennessee
Joined Jan 2009
5,470 Posts
I really like my 4330 setup a lot.

Perfect combo of power and weight IMO.

I think the 4330 will be really sweet in my 71", I just have to put a new motorbox on it.
wamsy55 is online now Find More Posts by wamsy55
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:04 AM
Registered User
rayonnair's Avatar
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jun 2012
1,766 Posts
I went out and bought a 20x10 after SteveT reported success with his 295kv hacker on 8S. Maybe the 5320-300kv will turn it, maybe it won't.

I just want my 72" extra .
rayonnair is offline Find More Posts by rayonnair
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:10 AM
Registered User
United States, TX, Palacios
Joined Feb 2009
1,602 Posts
Oh.. it will turn it...what ESC do you have and what batts...mine was pulling over 3kW on that prop and over 100 amps so i cut back to a 20 x 8 for fear of the 100 amp ESC...
SportFlyer2 is offline Find More Posts by SportFlyer2
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:17 AM
Team 3DHS
joesmith285's Avatar
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Nov 2008
1,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayonnair View Post
I went out and bought a 20x10 after SteveT reported success with his 295kv hacker on 8S. Maybe the 5320-300kv will turn it, maybe it won't.

I just want my 72" extra .
It's great to see other poeple using those the Anti spark bulltet connectors. I just put some on my helis and they work perfectly. No more spark to ruin my dean connectors.
joesmith285 is offline Find More Posts by joesmith285
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 04:14 PM
Team 3DHS
djmoose's Avatar
USA, OH, Macedonia
Joined Jul 2009
3,220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesmith285 View Post
It's great to see other poeple using those the Anti spark bulltet connectors. I just put some on my helis and they work perfectly. No more spark to ruin my dean connectors.
I love them too. On my 89, I have that bullet in the series "jumper" wire between the two packs.
djmoose is offline Find More Posts by djmoose
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:29 PM
Registered User
robj's Avatar
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesmith285 View Post
It's great to see other poeple using those the Anti spark bulltet connectors. I just put some on my helis and they work perfectly. No more spark to ruin my dean connectors.
I've got a set but have never used them...wondered if they were proven. I guess so.

just looked and I found them...open scattered, and I can only find one of the female connectors with the soldered stuff on it.

Edit, looks like I have whats in the kit, 2 male, 1 female, 1 female with electronics on it. But have no idea how to wire it. I run 8s.
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:58 PM
Team 3DHS
djmoose's Avatar
USA, OH, Macedonia
Joined Jul 2009
3,220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj View Post
I've got a set but have never used them...wondered if they were proven. I guess so.

just looked and I found them...open scattered, and I can only find one of the female connectors with the soldered stuff on it.

Edit, looks like I have whats in the kit, 2 male, 1 female, 1 female with electronics on it. But have no idea how to wire it. I run 8s.
Tomorrow, I'll post a pic of my series adapter I made with them.
djmoose is offline Find More Posts by djmoose
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:03 PM
Registered User
robj's Avatar
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,129 Posts
Thanks, I'd probably want to still use the deans on the batterys...somehow.
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:44 PM
Team 3DHS
joesmith285's Avatar
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Nov 2008
1,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj View Post
Thanks, I'd probably want to still use the deans on the batterys...somehow.
On my helis (and what it sounds like Moose did) I put the anti spark connector in between the deans connectors. Take a look at the pic on this page. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXYHX5&P=7

There is a black wire connecting both of the male deans. You would split this wire in half and solder the anti spark bullet there. So you would plug in your batteries first, then finish the circuit with the bullet. The deans connectors never see the spark so they no longer get damaged.
joesmith285 is offline Find More Posts by joesmith285
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:45 PM
Registered User
rayonnair's Avatar
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jun 2012
1,766 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportFlyer2 View Post
Oh.. it will turn it...what ESC do you have and what batts...mine was pulling over 3kW on that prop and over 100 amps so i cut back to a 20 x 8 for fear of the 100 amp ESC...
3k watts! Now I'm scared. I bought a castle 100A along with the plane and intend to run on 8S. Sounds like I will be pushing it. The castle is rated max 8S I think.

Got a good deal on the anti spark connectors because someone bought 5 too many by mistake . Figured I could use it. It's apparently a resistor stuck on the end of the female connector. Good to know it works!
rayonnair is offline Find More Posts by rayonnair
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:57 PM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
cale10's Avatar
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,467 Posts
hey guys should i put a 20X10 on my 72? the guy i bough it feom said it drew over 100 amps which is over the CC 100 amp esc. its got the hacker 50-12l on a 6S 5500 with a CC 100 amp ICE esc.
cale10 is offline Find More Posts by cale10
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:06 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cale10 View Post
hey guys should i put a 20X10 on my 72? the guy i bough it feom said it drew over 100 amps which is over the CC 100 amp esc. its got the hacker 50-12l on a 6S 5500 with a CC 100 amp ICE esc.
Nope...18X10 with that motor...

SteveT.
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:53 AM
Registered User
United States, TX, Palacios
Joined Feb 2009
1,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayonnair View Post
3k watts! Now I'm scared. I bought a castle 100A along with the plane and intend to run on 8S. Sounds like I will be pushing it. The castle is rated max 8S I think.
Yeah...I got an ICE 100 "heavy" (with the heat sink rated for 8S) with the 20 x 8 Xoar PJN on 30C 8S 4000... I'm pulling around 88 amps and getting around 2600 watts...That is plenty of power for the 72...I wanted to try the 20 x10 (to be ludicrous...LOL !!! ) and the motor didn't seem to mind it on the few 10 second run ups I did on the wattmeter but the old tired batts (at the time 25C 8S 3800) did and the batt leads heated up...the motor was cool still...but to be on the safe side I backed down to a 20 x 8...
SportFlyer2 is offline Find More Posts by SportFlyer2
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log 3D Hobby Shop 57" Extra 330 SC -Build Thread- flyinhigh025 3D Flying 13724 Jul 26, 2014 02:36 AM
Sold 3D Hobby Shop 47" Extra SHP V2 ctraut5 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Sep 20, 2009 12:08 PM
Sold 3D Hobby Shop Extra 300SR silent_guru Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 8 Sep 19, 2009 02:21 PM
Video 3D Hobby Shop 103" Extra 330 SC sukhoi26mx Fuel Plane Talk 7 Feb 27, 2009 08:37 AM