SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 01, 2013, 05:34 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis c View Post
if you are flying imac then you need to read peter goldsmith's article on trimming.

Start at step one and follow through,

the 72 will fly great lines with excelent precision.

Dennis
+100
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2013, 01:16 AM
Joined Jun 2010
61 Posts
anyone got a left wing willing to sell?

Do you guys know anyone that has a left wing willing to sell?

I've been on the waiting list of 3DHS website or ADC hobby store for awhile without any luck, Thanks for the help!
derekchiou is offline Find More Posts by derekchiou
Old Jan 08, 2013, 01:36 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
28,050 Posts
Sorry, I don't....

I did hear on a recent 3DHS podcast that there are quite a few parts coming in shortly , but I don't now what...

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Jan 09, 2013, 12:05 AM
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,567 Posts
I need some M4 bolts @ 80mm.. Anywhere I can buy them and get them in like 2 days.
livinma1 is offline Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 09, 2013, 12:31 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
28,050 Posts
Google what type you are looking for (hex, cap, socket), and then find a place that sells them and contact them. Or.... I know "The Olander Company" would more than likely have them, and I am sure they would ship them quickly.

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 09, 2013, 06:14 AM
United States, GA, Woodstock
Joined Jan 2007
6,800 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinma1 View Post
I need some M4 bolts @ 80mm.. Anywhere I can buy them and get them in like 2 days.
Fastenal is showing M4 3" ......they have locations in Atl area. Look um up and give them a call.
GoldCraft is offline Find More Posts by GoldCraft
Old Jan 09, 2013, 10:01 AM
Joined Jun 2003
7,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldCraft View Post
Fastenal is showing M4 3" ......they have locations in Atl area. Look um up and give them a call.
I checked them out already and their facility is only 12 minutes away but of course not available in store but you know GC I didn't call them. Let me call them considering website inventory is never accurate.

@ Steve I did google it thats how I found fastenal which seem to have a large inventory. I will see who else I can find.. Thanks !

Update: Thanks Guys !! I just called Fastenal and they dont' have it in their lawrenceville store but will get it for me by tomorrow. That should work out.

Thanks!
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by livinma1; Jan 09, 2013 at 10:23 AM.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:06 PM
Joined Jun 2003
7,567 Posts
FINALLY !! I have the motrofly mounted. I had to add a few washers to get a good gap but all is well. Now time to button her up and get her ready to maiden with the new motor.

I guess I will fly her when I head out to Triple Tree for my first time this weekend for the frosty dog fly in.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:15 PM
3DHobbyShop.com
S. Lancaster County, PA
Joined Jun 2006
2,528 Posts
Mc Master Carr is a good source as well.

Hope to see you at Nall this year, Mark.
horton is offline Find More Posts by horton
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:17 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinma1 View Post
FINALLY !! I have the motrofly mounted. I had to add a few washers to get a good gap but all is well. Now time to button her up and get her ready to maiden with the new motor.

I guess I will fly her when I head out to Triple Tree for my first time this weekend for the frosty dog fly in.
so this frosty dog is at triple tree then eh?
congrats on the motrolfly!
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Jan 11, 2013, 12:07 AM
Joined Jun 2003
7,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by horton View Post
Mc Master Carr is a good source as well.

Hope to see you at Nall this year, Mark.

Hey Noll -

Good to hear from you.. I hope all is well. Yes they were my first stop. I always have receive great service from them but Mc Master didn't go past 60MM on the M4s. I got them from Fastenal down here. Fortunately the guy had 80mm in the store.

It seems that since I am so close I have no reason not to make it to Joe Nall.. Even if it is for the day. But from what I keep hearing camping there isn't like camping since the grounds are incredible.. So yes I will be there and will see the 3dhs crew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
so this frosty dog is at triple tree then eh?
congrats on the motrolfly!
Thanks Manta...Yup @ Triple Tree and from what I hear its the best place ever.. So looking forward to Saturday and all future events there..

Thanks this will be like my 3rd motrofly setup and I am loving them. Hopefully now she will balance without shoving the packs all they way to the front.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 11, 2013, 02:20 AM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
United States, NY, Alfred
Joined Apr 2009
7,706 Posts
you are going to love the 72 Mark. I had her out at marine park on wednesday all day. just me and Andy Fromin (IMAC champ?). he was helping me with my precision. really cool guy. the extra rocks also.
Irg is offline Find More Posts by Irg
Old Jan 11, 2013, 02:28 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
28,050 Posts
I bet that was fun...and yes, the Extra is a very nice plane. I can't wait to try mine out now that I have put the Hacker A60-5S in it....I had a Hacker A50-12L in it originally, and it was good, but got hot...This is the same kind of motor I have in my 74" Extra, and it rocks it, so possibly even better in this plane...

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 11, 2013, 06:42 AM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
United States, NY, Alfred
Joined Apr 2009
7,706 Posts
yeah, I have felt some heat coming from the A5012L, but after nearly 2 years of beating on it relentlessly, I still get comments about how "that plane is fast." as long as it runs I'm happy.
Irg is offline Find More Posts by Irg
Old Jan 11, 2013, 08:07 AM
Joined Jun 2003
7,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irg View Post
you are going to love the 72 Mark. I had her out at marine park on wednesday all day. just me and Andy Fromin (IMAC champ?). he was helping me with my precision. really cool guy. the extra rocks also.
Thanks Pal.. I had the Hacker A50-12L in there an wasn't impressed by the power. On top of my tail heavy issue

I know you had the Hacker in there as well and yours flew great with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
I bet that was fun...and yes, the Extra is a very nice plane. I can't wait to try mine out now that I have put the Hacker A60-5S in it....I had a Hacker A50-12L in it originally, and it was good, but got hot...This is the same kind of motor I have in my 74" Extra, and it rocks it, so possibly even better in this plane...

SteveT
IRG recommeded I go with the Motrofly for the 72 specifically the 5320 so that is why I swapped. Vs adding dead weight to help her balance I added some weight that counts.

I will let you guys know how it went. I have to finish buttoning her up today and will be good to go.
RCG Plus Member