HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:10 AM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Apr 2009
7,644 Posts
I have a slightly cracked canopy that is up for grabs. perfectly functional, seats nicely, just a slight eyesore. if anyone needs it send me a pm.
Irg is offline Find More Posts by Irg
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:12 AM
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,565 Posts
Your such a nice guy :-)
livinma1 is offline Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:16 AM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Apr 2009
7,644 Posts
haha, I'm not sure if you mean that, seeing as I'm trying to give away my garbage!

ps, don't tell Tim I bought something just to make my plane look better. I'll never hear the end of it.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:23 AM
Joined Jun 2003
7,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irg View Post
haha, I'm not sure if you mean that, seeing as I'm trying to give away my garbage!

ps, don't tell Tim I bought something just to make my plane look better. I'll never hear the end of it.
LOL - Hey.. I have a brand new canopy in the box for my 50CC and a cracked one. I still use the crack one with tons of tape on it. So trust me someone will appreciate it.

Hope your doing well and hope your semester was a good one.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:23 AM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,123 Posts
Quote:
I have a slightly cracked canopy that is up for grabs. perfectly functional, seats nicely, just a slight eyesore. if anyone needs it send me a pm.
Hey I'll take it but can you store it for me?
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:31 AM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Apr 2009
7,644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinma1 View Post
LOL - Hey.. I have a brand new canopy in the box for my 50CC and a cracked one. I still use the crack one with tons of tape on it. So trust me someone will appreciate it.

Hope your doing well and hope your semester was a good one.
yeah, I like using broken stuff. it makes the plane fly lower. everything is good in cold and windy NYC, hope you're enjoying the south.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj View Post
Hey I'll take it but can you store it for me?
hhaha...no. storage is at a premium in BK.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:52 AM
United States, CO, Fort Collins
Joined Dec 2010
301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayonnair View Post

Now I just need to sort out some affordable shipping. Grrr!
I just noticed 3DHS has a new icon on their website, Bongo international shipping. Some sort of freight forwarder. Does that help lower the cost?
tacdriver is offline Find More Posts by tacdriver
Old Dec 12, 2012, 01:20 PM
Joined Jun 2003
7,565 Posts
Quote:
yeah, I like using broken stuff. it makes the plane fly lower. everything is good in cold and windy NYC, hope you're enjoying the south.

hhaha...no. storage is at a premium in BK.
It was pretty much 70s up until Sunday. Chilly now but nothing compared to NYC.

What is the cost per SQFT in NY now. LOL That would be the storage cost monthly
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:13 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacdriver View Post
I just noticed 3DHS has a new icon on their website, Bongo international shipping. Some sort of freight forwarder. Does that help lower the cost?
This is for international shipping....not in the U.S.

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Dec 12, 2012, 07:28 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jun 2012
1,754 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacdriver View Post
Thanks.

Bongo appears to be a freight forwarder. There are lots of these guys around with varying degrees of reliability and costs. I've personally used borderlinx, comgateway and vpost here to get various items from overseas shops. So they're one more option for me to check out .

It looks like 3DHS is trying to reach some of their overseas customers directly without having to go through dealers.

I am likely to just go with borderlinx; they have been quick and reliable in the past with just a few hiccups. It's just that the cost will bite me.

I'm beginning to think I can afford it hahahaah. But if I do then this will have to be my only plane purchase for a long, long while.

SteveT, I may take you up on the offer for motrolfly motors, it seems from the thread that they run cooler and the extra weight helps with balance. But only if you're still happy to do it?
rayonnair is offline Find More Posts by rayonnair
Old Dec 12, 2012, 07:57 PM
United States, CO, Fort Collins
Joined Dec 2010
301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
This is for international shipping....not in the U.S.

SteveT
That post was meant for Rayonnair, who lives in Singapore.
tacdriver is offline Find More Posts by tacdriver
Last edited by tacdriver; Dec 12, 2012 at 08:44 PM.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 08:29 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,097 Posts
Quote:
Thanks.

Bongo appears to be a freight forwarder. There are lots of these guys around with varying degrees of reliability and costs. I've personally used borderlinx, comgateway and vpost here to get various items from overseas shops. So they're one more option for me to check out .

It looks like 3DHS is trying to reach some of their overseas customers directly without having to go through dealers.

I am likely to just go with borderlinx; they have been quick and reliable in the past with just a few hiccups. It's just that the cost will bite me.

I'm beginning to think I can afford it hahahaah. But if I do then this will have to be my only plane purchase for a long, long while.

SteveT, I may take you up on the offer for motrolfly motors, it seems from the thread that they run cooler and the extra weight helps with balance. But only if you're still happy to do it?
Sure, always happy to help another flier!!

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Dec 13, 2012, 04:01 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jun 2012
1,754 Posts
Thanks steve . The motrolfly 5320 with the FB kit seems like a really good match for this bird.

I'll drop you a PM if/when I manage to convince myself to dive in. I budgeted in all my components, all in I am looking at a US$2k investment. Sphincters have clenched, lol. I suppose you can't run away from spending if you want a decent setup.
rayonnair is offline Find More Posts by rayonnair
Old Dec 13, 2012, 09:12 AM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,123 Posts
Quote:
Well it was a chilly 35 this morning with a heavy frost, but I got in two flights with the 48 epp while the car was defrosting. zero wind. I think I could hear the epp cracking and creaking. The 130g sounded angry.
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:33 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,097 Posts
Quote:
Thanks steve . The motrolfly 5320 with the FB kit seems like a really good match for this bird.

I'll drop you a PM if/when I manage to convince myself to dive in. I budgeted in all my components, all in I am looking at a US$2k investment. Sphincters have clenched, lol. I suppose you can't run away from spending if you want a decent setup.
The Motrolfly may be a good match....however, just as a matter of mentioning, originally, I installed a Hacker A50-12L on 8S in my plane, and it flew it pretty well, but got a bit warm, so I changed it to a Hacker A50-14L, but as a couple of my batteries went bad on me, I didn't fly the plane with that motor. Then when the new Hacker A60-5S came out, and I was building my 74" Edge, I installed the 5S in it, and couldn't be happier, as it has massive power... So...before I even flew the 72" with the 14L, I pulled it out, sold the motor, and ordered another A60-5S to go in my 72". You might want to think about one of those.
But as I said, I am more than willing to help you obtain a Motrolfly motor.

And, you are right, the "good stuff" is expensive...

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SteveT.; Dec 18, 2012 at 12:49 AM.