HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 29, 2010, 10:26 PM
United States, PA, Lancaster
Joined Jun 2003
24,141 Posts
you can do 6S either with a lighter motor, your choice of Hacker A50-14S or 16S, or Scorpion 4024-12 or 4035, or you can just run the same setup I'm running, and do either 6S on 20x10 or 8S on 18x10. You can actually go back and forth with just a prop change on the Hacker 12L.
blucor basher is offline Find More Posts by blucor basher
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 29, 2010, 10:28 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
Sooo looking forward to that beastie at SEFF...
Yeah....but we only get to SEE them there.... I want one now (said in my best 4 year old voice).....

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Mar 29, 2010, 10:34 PM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Dec 2006
13,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draknkep View Post
Yeah....but we only get to SEE them there.... I want one now (said in my best 4 year old voice).....

SteveT
ALL good things come to those that WAIT !
Lonelasso is offline Find More Posts by Lonelasso
Old Mar 29, 2010, 10:35 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,157 Posts
you might can touch it at seff.i plan to
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Mar 29, 2010, 10:51 PM
Boise, Idaho
Joined Jun 2009
592 Posts
Ben,

I really wanna do this on 6s on the scorpion 4025-12 because of cost and seem to be good motors..Ive just heard that the prop adapters are questionable. What do you think? Is there a different prop adapter that you could use on it?
kygreen229 is offline Find More Posts by kygreen229
Old Mar 29, 2010, 10:52 PM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Dec 2006
13,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypersprint View Post
I think I heard the voices, I can just imagine how loud they must be IN your head
You have no idea ! "he's gonna do WHAT with a pre-production ARF...NAH, he's NOT....omg..he IS ! Whoa.....he pulled it OFF...OF course he did....it's Ben at his BEST !"
Lonelasso is offline Find More Posts by Lonelasso
Old Mar 29, 2010, 11:04 PM
United States, PA, Lancaster
Joined Jun 2003
24,141 Posts
ky - A steel one is better. Perhaps we can get one from Neu in the right diameter, someone here will know.
blucor basher is offline Find More Posts by blucor basher
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 29, 2010, 11:11 PM
Fly Low-Crash-Rebuild-Repeat !
Jackson, MO
Joined May 2009
3,228 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygreen229 View Post
Ben,

I really wanna do this on 6s on the scorpion 4025-12 because of cost and seem to be good motors..Ive just heard that the prop adapters are questionable. What do you think? Is there a different prop adapter that you could use on it?
kygreen,

I own SEVERAL Scorpions including 3 4025-12's.

The stock adapter works just fine as long as you take a little time to rough up the shaft with some sandpaper and apply a little blue loctite, tighten it down and let it dry.

The KM also has a technique of tightening it down and twisting it counter-clockwise to lock it down on the shaft. Hopefully he'll come on and clarify.

I like everyone else prefer a bolt-on adapter, but I really like the power and selection of the Scorpions, so I sacrifice the adapter. But I've not had ANY problems with them since I've started sanding and loctiting them.

Also I kinda prefer an aluminum adapter as I would rather bend a prop adapter than a motor shaft (because I seem to crash alot). IMHO.

Fred
RotorJockey is offline Find More Posts by RotorJockey
Old Mar 29, 2010, 11:13 PM
Boise, Idaho
Joined Jun 2009
592 Posts
ok cool ya if anyone knows if there is one out there that would be awesome.

-Kyle
Old Mar 29, 2010, 11:14 PM
Boise, Idaho
Joined Jun 2009
592 Posts
Ok that sounds good too. I have a torque motor on my little EF yak. Its a smilar design as the scorpion one correct?
Old Mar 29, 2010, 11:22 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorJockey View Post
kygreen,

I own SEVERAL Scorpions including 3 4025-12's.

The stock adapter works just fine as long as you take a little time to rough up the shaft with some sandpaper and apply a little blue loctite, tighten it down and let it dry.

The KM also has a technique of tightening it down and twisting it counter-clockwise to lock it down on the shaft. Hopefully he'll come on and clarify.

I like everyone else prefer a bolt-on adapter, but I really like the power and selection of the Scorpions, so I sacrifice the adapter. But I've not had ANY problems with them since I've started sanding and loctiting them.

Also I kinda prefer an aluminum adapter as I would rather bend a prop adapter than a motor shaft (because I seem to crash alot). IMHO.

Fred
yeh, it came off on me, twice. It took some violent cavitating maneuvers to get it off though. First was roughing and uber tightening, second was blue loctite, and now it has CA on there (red may work too). My motor is the S-4035-380, and the shaft it latches onto is very short. The 4025's have a longer shaft to grip. Either way, I'm now recommending getting quite serious with some kind of adhesive goo the first time around

...fwiw... I still love the power train, it's super smooth.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Mar 29, 2010, 11:26 PM
Boise, Idaho
Joined Jun 2009
592 Posts
so the blue loctite wasnt holding either? with all the loctite or glue how do you get it off if needed for servicing and what not haha?
Old Mar 29, 2010, 11:30 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,374 Posts
Quote:
so the blue loctite wasnt holding either? with all the loctite or glue how do you get it off if needed for servicing and what not haha?
Apply heat (high temp soldering gun or iron) to the prop adapter...that softens the adhesive for easy removal...

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Mar 29, 2010, 11:31 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,180 Posts
Quote:
can service the plane fine. I don't think I've ever taken an adapter off a motor once it was on unless the adapter itself needed changing. I expect a wrestle if I ever damage this adapter and need to change it. heat helps.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Mar 29, 2010, 11:36 PM
Boise, Idaho
Joined Jun 2009
592 Posts
why do I always forget the soldering iron heat method!! ha. well cool Im feeling more confident with this motor if the prop adapter will stay on.