HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 31, 2009, 10:55 AM
Ontario, Canada
Joined Dec 2008
222 Posts
Discussion
Belt CP v2 or Honeybee King 3?

Just wanted to know what some of you guys prefer here? I'm kind of at a toss up. I was always thinking about getting a Belt CP v2 as my first CP after moving up from FP but looking at the King 3 as well and being very similar in price and all (as well as size?) I was curious what some of you guys find to be both heli's strength's/weakness's.
green_one is offline Find More Posts by green_one
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2009, 12:32 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,381 Posts
I've looked closely at both though can't budget either at this time. There is only about $10 difference between them. Owner concensus seems to be that BeltCP works better/easier than King, just cuz it's incrementally larger.

Look closely at the updates. Esky is making some of their fleet brushless stock where the previous version was brush. Brush Esky powerplants tend to be JBA (just barely adequate).

Stock Esky 6ch radiosets tend to be JBA too. I always add $50 to the price of 6ch Eskys, for a new AR6100 (if you already have DX6i or better).

While I never used training gear with HBFP, I whupped it on HBCP after it tumped over (on carpet) and broke a mixing arm. I think you'll find CPs a good deal more fragile than FPs.
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Old Oct 31, 2009, 07:48 PM
Australia...we live inverted.
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
For that size bracket I think you would be better off with a Copterx 450
http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/product_...oducts_id=5578 and then elec from Hcity. This may help http://www.hk450.com/

Main thing at this point imo is a decent comp tx...otherwise you will most probably be buying one to replace the rtf tx....then you need a new rx, gyro etc and there is not much left of that rtf cheapy.

A decent rtf is the Blade 400 as it comes with a decent tx.

Amp
Ampdraw is offline Find More Posts by Ampdraw
Old Nov 01, 2009, 10:52 AM
Joined Jan 2009
480 Posts
I'm happy with my King 3 as my first CP. I already had a barebones 250 clone, but was afraid I was in a little over my head with it so I then purchased the Esky; in retrospect, I would have been fine and probably should have continued putting the 250 together. On the other hand, since I didn't - and still don't - have a programmable tx, I'd probably still not be flying while saving for parts. Now I've got a belt tail in the air for just about as cheaply as can be done with plenty of time save for parts and build the 250.

The two reasons I went with the King 3 over the Belt CP V2 were that the King's smaller size was more amenable to my limited outdoor space and smaller helis generally cause less damage to people and objects if things get away from me.
suraki is offline Find More Posts by suraki