Old Nov 01, 2009, 01:20 PM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowerz View Post
They will be the 2.5g servo's i think
that would be extremely heavy for a plane of this size. I'm thinking they would be lighter than that. Perhaps a servo we have not seen yet.

The 2.5 servos I have actually weigh 3.5 g with the wires and connectors.

I'm thinking seriously of ordering one of these...they would be $108 with 2 day shipping..
modfly is offline Find More Posts by modfly
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 01, 2009, 01:25 PM
Heli's rule!
Midvale, Utah, USA
Joined Mar 2005
8,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvill View Post
smokes,

the spit is nice too! but it says its "3ch - throttle ailerons and elevator" how does it turn?

I almost never use the rudder on aileron planes... Bank-N-Yank FTW! Bank the plane with the ailerons, and yank the elevator back to turn....

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingwing12 View Post
Are you all forgetting that its a HELL of alot cheaper than the PZ mustnag?
Not if you have any spektrum transmitter or module... Bind-N-Fly FTW! These other companies would do themselves a HUGE favor if they would buddy up to futaba or airtronics... There is a huge base of people with nice futaba or airtronics 2.4ghz transmitters that are currently VERY jealous of spektrum users due to bind-n-fly.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner_969 View Post
Given that I dished out money for a dx7, I can't see myself buying anything that has it's own tx.
I totally agree. The only reason I own a MCX and the parkzone p-51 is that I had a DX7, and they both work with it. I dont buy anything that comes with its won transmitter, because, #1, I have a nice transmitter, and thats what I want to fly with, and #2, I dont want to have to bring a bunch of different transmitters along if I'm planning to fly several different planes.
dacaur is offline Find More Posts by dacaur
Old Nov 01, 2009, 01:25 PM
No, I dont work for HH ;)
Southampton, Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2009
3,768 Posts
Well i'm using 3.7g servo's on a 3d plane with a 15" wingspan. And this plane is only using 2 servo's, not 3 so it's possible.
Bowerz is offline Find More Posts by Bowerz
Old Nov 01, 2009, 05:42 PM
Ireland
Joined Apr 2001
4,031 Posts
i did miss the jokes if the 'stang is a a b or c size
cmulder is offline Find More Posts by cmulder
Old Nov 01, 2009, 05:59 PM
Memphis, TN
Joined Apr 2007
1,688 Posts
whoa! super awesome find!

too bad this stuff cant be found in their local stores... they never have any rc stuff.
check out those lipos.. they look wider, or different shaped.
Torx is offline Find More Posts by Torx
Old Nov 02, 2009, 07:08 AM
USA, TN, Nashville
Joined Nov 2006
105 Posts
Actually...

I prefer not to "fetch" the plane. With these micros, I find it pretty easy to land at my feet or even catch them. While I agree a rudder is nice, it's not at all a necessity on these planes and my point is simply that for the weight penalty necessary to add one, it's not worth it to me. Also, this thing's not a pylon racer and with much wind at all, "precision" is pretty difficult.

But, that's the beauty of this hobby and all the great RTF's. Those who like them stock can fly them that way and those who like to modify them can do that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by modfly View Post
Well, thanks for the review but I totally disagree that a rudder is unnecessary on these micros. Not only can you do more precise moves in the air using rudder coordinated with ailerons etc, but you can also steer the plane on the ground. You must like to fetch your plane. I do not and I also think adding a rudder will not be that difficult.
Rebeljim is offline Find More Posts by Rebeljim
Old Nov 02, 2009, 09:05 AM
Checking CG is for NERDS!
Joined Jun 2005
5,347 Posts
So... has anybody ordered one yet?

If they do turn out to be good flyers, I'll hold out for the Spitfire. I have enough Mustangs in my fleet...and a four-wheeled one in my garage!
Smokescreen38 is offline Find More Posts by Smokescreen38
Old Nov 02, 2009, 01:57 PM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
You can never have too many mustangs
modfly is offline Find More Posts by modfly
Old Nov 02, 2009, 02:18 PM
Joined Jun 2005
5,347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by modfly View Post
You can never have too many mustangs

Maybe true ... but I have no Spitfires.
Old Nov 02, 2009, 03:09 PM
RCG Staff Member
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Oct 2003
5,293 Posts
Hey guys,
Glad everyone is excited about these new planes and the eRC brand. I'll clear up some answers here. They are actually smaller than the ParkZone P-51 and not meant to be a direct competitor. These have a "collectors item" type feel and they are much more docile to fly. Heck, I can barely make it roll. It's not designed to be aerobatic. Just a fun plane that virtually anyone can fly. The scale details really set it off and the display stand is a nice touch. Also at $99 RTF with 2 batteries, it's hard to beat.

If you want to do victory rolls and horse around then the Parkzone plane is a better fit for you. If you want a great looking P-51 that is relaxing and fun to fly then the E R/C P-51 is for you.

Thanks,
Jason Cole
Hobby Lobby
Jason Cole is offline Find More Posts by Jason Cole
Administrator
Last edited by Jason Cole; Nov 02, 2009 at 03:31 PM.
Old Nov 02, 2009, 03:16 PM
Joined Oct 2009
152 Posts
Hey Jason, thanks for clearing up some of our questions. We are excited to see them fly! When are they gonna make it into the shops?
reverse.sensin is offline Find More Posts by reverse.sensin
Old Nov 02, 2009, 03:32 PM
RCG Staff Member
Joined Oct 2003
5,293 Posts
We are shipping out today. I will have a bunch for sale up at the JR Indoor Festival this weekend as well.

Jason
Administrator
Old Nov 02, 2009, 04:05 PM
Joined Jun 2005
5,347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboone View Post
Hey guys,
Glad everyone is excited about these new planes and the eRC brand. I'll clear up some answers here. They are actually smaller than the ParkZone P-51 and not meant to be a direct competitor. These have a "collectors item" type feel and they are much more docile to fly. Heck, I can barely make it roll. It's not designed to be aerobatic. Just a fun plane that virtually anyone can fly. The scale details really set it off and the display stand is a nice touch. Also at $99 RTF with 2 batteries, it's hard to beat.

If you want to do victory rolls and horse around then the Parkzone plane is a better fit for you. If you want a great looking P-51 that is relaxing and fun to fly then the E R/C P-51 is for you.

Thanks,
Jason Cole
Hobby Lobby
More display than play? I can dig it.

So will we have to buy a new transmitter with each release or will the same TX work with the Spit and whatever else comes down the road?

Will there be more 'birds in this series?
Old Nov 02, 2009, 05:46 PM
RCG Staff Member
Joined Oct 2003
5,293 Posts
Not really less play, just less aerobatic. It's great fun to fly. The same transmitter can be used for the Spitfire and other models that will be coming. The bind process is super easy so you can just carry one transmitter and swap out planes on the fly. You can even charge the extra battery from the transmitter while your flying.

Thanks,
Jason Cole
Hobby Lobby
Administrator
Old Nov 03, 2009, 04:09 AM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
7,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboone View Post
Not really less play, just less aerobatic. It's great fun to fly. The same transmitter can be used for the Spitfire and other models that will be coming. The bind process is super easy so you can just carry one transmitter and swap out planes on the fly. You can even charge the extra battery from the transmitter while your flying.

Thanks,
Jason Cole
Hobby Lobby
Jason, can you clarify the servo situation. Are they indeed separate servos or is it a brick configuration? So will the planes be available without the transmitter? Looking forward to seeing the stang this weekend.

Azarr
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr