HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 10, 2009, 10:42 AM
left, left, oh, my other left!
Western Mass
Joined Feb 2008
414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboone View Post
The Spitfire is only coming in a RTF package. We are considering offering a Bind with the eRC transmitter version in future models.

Thanks,
Jason Cole
I hope so. I'm loving the Mustang and would buy a "Bind" version of the Spit but don't want to start an eRC transmitter collection.
smrouss is offline Find More Posts by smrouss
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2009, 10:48 AM
RCG Staff Member
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Oct 2003
5,779 Posts
I know and agree. It's super easy to bind. With the plane plugged up and the transmitter on, you press both throttle trim buttons together to enter bind mode. The plane will deflect the surfaces and then your all set. It takes about 3 seconds to switch between the P-51 and the Spitfire using the same radio.

Thanks,
Jason Cole
Hobby Lobby
Jason Cole is online now Find More Posts by Jason Cole
Administrator
Old Dec 10, 2009, 10:50 AM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
United States, IA, Grinnell
Joined Aug 2007
4,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smrouss View Post
I hope so. I'm loving the Mustang and would buy a "Bind" version of the Spit but don't want to start an eRC transmitter collection.

I would hope, with more eRC planes coming out, (there are 2 now right?). That eRC will build a better "hobby grade" transmitter. Maybe something along the lines of a DX6i with 10 or more model memory, and some at least, some basic computer functions.
Maybe that transmitter is already out there somewhere and we just don't know it yet.
Right now, I am quite happy with my DX7 and the 14 different micro planes and helis that are bound to it, that came from HH.
OTOH, Jason Cole seems to be a good guy and might buy one of these just because he is involved in it.
Ron
A Rdnek is online now Find More Posts by A Rdnek
Old Dec 10, 2009, 12:14 PM
No, I dont work for HH ;)
Southampton, Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2009
3,796 Posts
There's no need for them to compete, a higher quality radio maybe. But a computer radio is over the top as it would cost too much in research to get out there and then they still don't have the variety and reputation of BNF products and/or receivers.
Bowerz is online now Find More Posts by Bowerz
Old Dec 10, 2009, 12:42 PM
Western Mass
Joined Feb 2008
414 Posts
Thanks for your quick response Jason
Old Dec 10, 2009, 01:06 PM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
United States, IA, Grinnell
Joined Aug 2007
4,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowerz View Post
There's no need for them to compete, a higher quality radio maybe. But a computer radio is over the top as it would cost too much in research to get out there and then they still don't have the variety and reputation of BNF products and/or receivers.
No need to compete, or for research. Maybe someday you will see a "re-badged" Hytec Optic 6, or something similar from some other manufacture, that says eRC on the label and has a eRC 2.4 board in it.
It would be possible.
Ron
A Rdnek is online now Find More Posts by A Rdnek
Old Dec 10, 2009, 01:45 PM
Joined Nov 2009
5 Posts
I tried to return mine to the ebay seller I got it from, who wanted to ding me $25 for returning it, so I passed. While deciding what I was going to do with it, I noticed that the horizontal stabilizer had been glued on a little crooked, so I tried to return it directly to Hobby Lobby, with no luck.
So, if anyone on here wants one, I have it listed on ebay, tested, but still unflown. If you mention this post, I'll take off an extra $5.
Or, I'd be interested in a trade for the spitfire.

Thanks guys!

FlyerWilliam is offline Find More Posts by FlyerWilliam
Last edited by FlyerWilliam; Dec 10, 2009 at 01:52 PM.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 02:10 PM
United States, GA, Snellville
Joined Nov 2005
853 Posts
also notice the rudder touches ground and not the tail wheel....

got any pics of the rest of the plane?
smasher41 is offline Find More Posts by smasher41
Old Dec 10, 2009, 02:20 PM
Western Mass
Joined Feb 2008
414 Posts
my tailwheel was like that too - I assumed in happened during packing/shipping and just bent it back.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 05:15 PM
Chillicothe, OH
Joined Mar 2008
262 Posts
[QUOTE=FlyerWilliam;13787482]I tried to return mine to the ebay seller I got it from, who wanted to ding me $25 for returning it, so I passed. While deciding what I was going to do with it, I noticed that the horizontal stabilizer had been glued on a little crooked, so I tried to return it directly to Hobby Lobby, with no luck.
So, if anyone on here wants one, I have it listed on ebay, tested, but still unflown. If you mention this post, I'll take off an extra $5.

Thanks guys!

What is the link or how is it listed on ebay?
Thanks,
jwman is online now Find More Posts by jwman
Old Dec 10, 2009, 09:32 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2005
360 Posts
I've been looking for these micro p51s for a while trying to decide which one is the best for me,the hobby lobby or horizon hobby? and finally i decided to go with HH for a number of reasons, the most important reason is the value of the product. HH comes with the ar6400 and servo which retails for 80$, Im sure once i get tired or crash the plane i can easily use the electronics on something else or starta new project with my dx7, or at least sell them for easy over $65, and thats a fact which is called Value, (you can check the sale forum if do not believe me), second is the quality of the product which you can see in above pictures, also the non scale fuselage of the HL p51 which is very thin (kind of reminds me the great planes miss america p51). third is the actual flying characteristics which the HH is 4 channel with taxiing & more accurate flying. and the last is the fact that i dont wanna do business with hobby lobby anymore since they screwed me with my order last week, and they never answered my email, so no more business for Hobby Lobby.

let me just confirm i have not flown neither one, but since i already have the dx7 and can go with BNF version for $100, and since im gonna use the electronixs in the future or else i can easily sell them, the HH p51 is a winner for me.

the only positive point of the HL version is the clear canopy which you can change on the HL one, and the smaller size of it which is 1" smaller, now is that 1" that important for me? to sacrifice the HH for it? No Way.
dareh is offline Find More Posts by dareh
Old Dec 12, 2009, 06:44 PM
Joined Nov 2009
5 Posts
[QUOTE=jwman;13789077]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerWilliam View Post
I tried to return mine to the ebay seller I got it from, who wanted to ding me $25 for returning it, so I passed. While deciding what I was going to do with it, I noticed that the horizontal stabilizer had been glued on a little crooked, so I tried to return it directly to Hobby Lobby, with no luck.

Thanks guys!

What is the link or how is it listed on ebay?
Thanks,
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...STRK:MESELX:IT

I have some other R/C parts and such on there, too. Thanks!
FlyerWilliam is offline Find More Posts by FlyerWilliam
Old Dec 12, 2009, 08:46 PM
Houston, TX, US
Joined Jun 2000
1,652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smrouss View Post
Glad to hear you're still enjoying the Mustang. I'm hoping the Spitfire will ship out this coming week. It would be nice to have something new for the upcoming holiday, if the weather cooperates, too. The new HH J-3 Cub is not going to make it this year. Hope the little Spitty does.
DaveG is offline Find More Posts by DaveG
Old Dec 14, 2009, 06:39 PM
Joined Jul 2009
29 Posts
extra props?

Hey I pre-ordered a Spitfire and was just wondering if anyone knows if it comes with an extra prop?

Did the Mustang come with one? I don't see it in the picture or mentioned in "What's in the package" thing on their website... I'm guessing the Mustang prop is probably the same? Lobby doesn't have spitfire parts up on their website yet

Also was wondering if the Spitfire will have the same battery/polarity issues as the Mustang? If it does I expect that it will come with the adapters?

Thanks - looking forward to the plane,
Rumplestiltz
Rumplestiltz is offline Find More Posts by Rumplestiltz
Old Dec 15, 2009, 10:46 AM
"Add Lightness"..Colin Chapman
Keystone State, USA
Joined Jun 2007
1,170 Posts
No extra prop in the Mustang package.
I don't think it is an included item or will be....

I just got my Mustang to give as a gift just a few days ago...direct
from hobby-lobby and no adapters for the battery in it either.

I would assume that if you have proof of purchase they will
send you adapters once they figure it out completely.
Elisecat is online now Find More Posts by Elisecat