HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 07, 2009, 07:50 PM
Houston, TX, US
Joined Jun 2000
1,652 Posts
I wouldn't dispute what you're saying, TopFoam. I just have the feeling PZ will be rolling out an Axis fighter next to counter the P-51, like an Me-109. Just speculation on my part. It would be nice if they could roll out several new micro fighters at a time.
DaveG is offline Find More Posts by DaveG
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2009, 11:11 AM
RCG Staff Member
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Oct 2003
5,783 Posts
Just like you guys are saying, it comes down to personal choice. You can't compare the BNF PZ Mustang with the HL Mustang. They are not the same thing. If you fly the PZ RTF Mustang and the HL Mustang the HL Mustang is easier to fly and has more realistic scale details. If you want to do rolls and horse around then the PZ Mustang is for you. If you want something that's more scale and simple to fly then the HL Mustang is for you. Yes the BNF Mustang with a real radio that has EPA and Expo can make the PZ Mustang more docile.

Thanks,
Jason Cole
Hobby Lobby
Jason Cole is online now Find More Posts by Jason Cole
Administrator
Old Dec 08, 2009, 11:43 AM
No, I dont work for HH ;)
Southampton, Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2009
3,798 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
Hope you are correct. A PZ Spit which would perform like the PZ Mustang would be beyond sweet. I'd love to see those ellipitical wings doing a nice roll. Even if PZ is going this route, we're no doubt talking at least a year before we'd see one. A micro EDF would be nice, too. The micro future looks good, at least in my mind.
Maybe a year until it is available to buy, i would say it will be released in about 4-6 months, but then there's the big wait until they actually ship them. Fingers crossed ay!
Bowerz is offline Find More Posts by Bowerz
Old Dec 08, 2009, 04:29 PM
left, left, oh, my other left!
Western Mass
Joined Feb 2008
414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboone View Post
If you fly the PZ RTF Mustang and the HL Mustang the HL Mustang is easier to fly and has more realistic scale details.
To chime in again on this thread, I've had the HL Mustang out a few times now and like it more with each flight. It is a very stable, easy to fly airplane - I've never flown a more stable low wing plane of any size. Works great for a quick stop by the park on the way to or from work. When I want more of an aerobatic workout, I fly a different airplane but this one fills the bill for me for a nice relaxing flight with a sharp looking plane.
smrouss is offline Find More Posts by smrouss
Old Dec 08, 2009, 06:17 PM
Houston, TX, US
Joined Jun 2000
1,652 Posts
Quote:
Just like you guys are saying, it comes down to personal choice. You can't compare the BNF PZ Mustang with the HL Mustang. They are not the same thing. If you fly the PZ RTF Mustang and the HL Mustang the HL Mustang is easier to fly and has more realistic scale details. If you want to do rolls and horse around then the PZ Mustang is for you. If you want something that's more scale and simple to fly then the HL Mustang is for you. Yes the BNF Mustang with a real radio that has EPA and Expo can make the PZ Mustang more docile.

Thanks,
Jason Cole
Hobby Lobby
Thanks for the evaluation, Jason. Any update on when the Spitfire will be shipping?
Old Dec 08, 2009, 06:21 PM
Houston, TX, US
Joined Jun 2000
1,652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowerz View Post
Maybe a year until it is available to buy, i would say it will be released in about 4-6 months, but then there's the big wait until they actually ship them. Fingers crossed ay!

Fingers crossed! One can never have enough Spitfires. I'll train on and enjoy the HL Spitfire and get a PZ, too, if they become available.
Old Dec 08, 2009, 10:16 PM
Joined Oct 2009
154 Posts
Yeah the HL Mustang is stable and a slow flyer but so is Parkzone's P-51. I have both and would highly recommend Parkzone's, great plane!
reverse.sensin is online now Find More Posts by reverse.sensin
Old Dec 09, 2009, 09:39 AM
RCG Staff Member
Joined Oct 2003
5,783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
Thanks for the evaluation, Jason. Any update on when the Spitfire will be shipping?
The Spitfire should be here next week!

Jason Cole
Hobby Lobby
Administrator
Old Dec 09, 2009, 11:48 AM
One of the usual suspects
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Jun 2007
1,482 Posts
Jason, what's Hobby Lobby doing about the batteries polarity?
Vicarious is offline Find More Posts by Vicarious
Old Dec 09, 2009, 05:05 PM
3D wing innovator
Dallas, Texas
Joined Dec 2009
2,212 Posts
hmm im thinking airframe only with pz gear. these are beautiful planes!
MikeRx is offline Find More Posts by MikeRx
Old Dec 09, 2009, 05:10 PM
left, left, oh, my other left!
Western Mass
Joined Feb 2008
414 Posts
Quote:
The same transmitter can be used for the Spitfire and other models that will be coming.
Jason,
Will there be an option to purchase the Spit without the transmitter?
Thanks
Scott
smrouss is offline Find More Posts by smrouss
Old Dec 09, 2009, 06:22 PM
RCG Staff Member
Joined Oct 2003
5,783 Posts
We have some sample adapters here to fix the battery issue that work great. We are setting them up in the system right now and you'll be able to get 4 free adapters, one for each battery, the charger, and the plane. Those should be available by Monday under part number ERC2003A.

Thanks,
Jason Cole
Hobby Lobby
Administrator
Old Dec 09, 2009, 06:23 PM
RCG Staff Member
Joined Oct 2003
5,783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smrouss View Post
Jason,
Will there be an option to purchase the Spit without the transmitter?
Thanks
Scott
The Spitfire is only coming in a RTF package. We are considering offering a Bind with the eRC transmitter version in future models.

Thanks,
Jason Cole
Administrator
Old Dec 09, 2009, 09:13 PM
Can we lift the embargo?
menands flats, NY
Joined Dec 2006
1,633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by modfly View Post
what, you don't want to have 200+ Transmitters to keep track of? Thats how many I have laying around.

Some day I will turn them all on at once and radiate the world with radio waves.
if i operate all my TX's at once I can get a tan and fry and egg.
kenstogie is online now Find More Posts by kenstogie
Old Dec 09, 2009, 09:19 PM
Houston, TX, US
Joined Jun 2000
1,652 Posts
Quote:
The Spitfire should be here next week!

Jason Cole
Hobby Lobby
Excellent! Thanks for the update, Jason.