HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Oct 30, 2009, 10:20 AM
Canada, BC, Duncan
Joined Dec 2006
3,621 Posts
Discussion
New micro osd

We are developing a new micro OSD (single PCB) and have utilized much of the old Dragon OSD features, but we run out of ideas since the MCU is not even half full so there is room for more.

We just like to see some input from you guys as to what you would like to see in an OSD. So feel free to throw in some ideas. Thanks in advance

John

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________________ ************************** UPDATE **************************
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OSD Chart comparison
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...jg&output=html

DOSD Firmware update method and firmware page:

http://www.forum.tsebi.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=67
You will need a cheap USB to TTL converter to do this and the link for this is here: http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_kw=usb%...&_stpos=&gbr=1

How to make your own current sensor:
Note: 3 resistors must be removed and a solder line/bridge must be placed across the one side as shown in the video.
Current Sensor Mod for Dragon OSD Plus (3 min 25 sec)

DOSD+ Connection points:
http://www.forum.tsebi.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=63
JMSTECH is offline Find More Posts by JMSTECH
Last edited by JMSTECH; Mar 11, 2010 at 02:52 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 30, 2009, 10:44 AM
Questionable judgement
Charles Town, WV
Joined Jan 2008
3,074 Posts
Integrate a tracker into the osd interfacing with the camera pan and tilt so that you can have your camera aimed at preset or selected gps ponts. Basically reverse of what current antenna trackers are doing. I figure the gps knows where it is and what direction it's heading so it should be possible.

It could be activated and configured via on screen menu. Picture getting your plane up in the air. Activate position hold so that the plane circles a particular point. Then activate camera autoaim and you could keep a location in view indefenitly while circliing it. All sorts of other ways you could use it as well I imagine.
bracky72 is offline Find More Posts by bracky72
Old Oct 30, 2009, 11:22 AM
Suspended Account
Austria
Joined Feb 2007
6,411 Posts
make the OSD without GPS. Include a pitot airspeed, baro pressure and voltage ... that's it. Or try to create a SMART OSD, one that shows information based on the situation of the plane (heading direction on weak RSSI, large distance, in foggy conditions, etc). Or try something new alltogether, such as an entertainment OSD ... challenge the pilot to do certain tasks.

Just don't go into the same direction as all other OSDs - please. The last thing the FPV market needs is yet another OSD. You guys will end up killing eachother. The newest development by FPV vendors seems to be to just pack all the existing features of the homebrew innovators into a single product. Very despicable and cannibalistic behavior.
trappy is offline Find More Posts by trappy
Old Oct 30, 2009, 11:47 AM
Canada, BC, Duncan
Joined Dec 2006
3,621 Posts
Well pretty good inputs so far and thanks.. keep em rolling. We are not thinking about some kind of killing field and believe me..... the market has room , besides we are replacing the old Dragon OSD which still has demand for but Mark Harris is not delivering any more. 3 dimensional graphics is something we are toying with and a very slick method to intergrate to all Dragon Link users.
JMSTECH is offline Find More Posts by JMSTECH
Old Oct 30, 2009, 11:50 AM
Suspended Account
Austria
Joined Feb 2007
6,411 Posts
Ok. I just don't want to see another EagleTree OSD come up. The market may have room, but one more provider doesn't make that room bigger
trappy is offline Find More Posts by trappy
Old Oct 30, 2009, 11:51 AM
Live FPV or Die
Montreal,Canada
Joined Feb 2002
3,977 Posts
What is missing is an osd with barometric altitude and aispeed and voltage like Trappy said. Also call sign would be nice
VRflyer is offline Find More Posts by VRflyer
Old Oct 30, 2009, 12:10 PM
United States, IN, Carmel
Joined Jan 2008
2,561 Posts
DragonOSD's feautures (RTL, Volts, Amps, mAhs, sats, alt, speed, heading, compass,etc..)
Plus:
-RSSI
-Video transmitted telemetry (for antenna tracker, laptop, serial alphanumeric LCD)
- true airspeed via pitot, barometric altitude
- Artificial horizon only if it's IMU based (tell Daniel to take out that old project out of the drawer)
- Having IMU (or even thermopiles) onboard, you can also easily do airframe attitude stabilization and coordinated turns.
- Fly waypoints (maybe after a firmware upgrade - to avoid export restrictions)
- Trigger events (photos, drops) at certain waypoints.
- Build in an interface (PPM?) between this new OSD and your Long range R/C receiver in order to cut down the clutter and spaghetti of cables betwenn Rx and OSD. Only PWM outputs from the OSD to the servos!

Dimitris
Dimitris76 is offline Find More Posts by Dimitris76
Old Oct 30, 2009, 12:28 PM
Stupid gravity!
Trinity, FL
Joined Jul 1999
1,516 Posts
Was the DragonLink ever released?
docphi is offline Find More Posts by docphi
Old Oct 30, 2009, 03:00 PM
Joined Mar 2006
1,669 Posts
Caller ID (cell phone)
scrape is offline Find More Posts by scrape
Old Oct 30, 2009, 03:34 PM
WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT!!!
AZ
Joined May 2006
4,878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by docphi View Post
Was the DragonLink ever released?
What the
G-unit is offline Find More Posts by G-unit
Old Oct 30, 2009, 03:37 PM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Jul 2006
615 Posts
I would like it to be able to display 4 voltages and 4 cumulative mA.
I'm probably the only FPV'r out there who uses 4 separste sources to power the onboard electronic but since you asked i spoke my peace.
andrebandre is offline Find More Posts by andrebandre
Old Oct 30, 2009, 03:42 PM
Stupid gravity!
Trinity, FL
Joined Jul 1999
1,516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-unit View Post
What the
Reference from post #4 above.
docphi is offline Find More Posts by docphi
Old Oct 30, 2009, 04:12 PM
Joined Nov 2006
2,118 Posts
Color OSD ?

How micro, will be this OSD ?
wallaguest1 is offline Find More Posts by wallaguest1
Last edited by wallaguest1; Oct 30, 2009 at 04:51 PM.
Old Oct 30, 2009, 04:58 PM
Yeah Baby
Joined Apr 2006
1,404 Posts
make it REALLY EASY TO USE
bignose13 is offline Find More Posts by bignose13
Old Oct 30, 2009, 05:01 PM
Joined May 2008
488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bignose13 View Post
make it REALLY EASY TO USE
In the next week, The RushOSD will be released, its a plug and fly OSD, 1.2"x2.5", 10hz system, without any configuration menu ....sensor autodetection, everything :P

If you can wait 15days :P
JohnyGab is offline Find More Posts by JohnyGab
Closed Thread