HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 09, 2012, 01:26 AM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugman Jeff View Post
Any time I'm not confident in a joint like that, I add a chunk of CF or two across the break for extra reinforcement
yes indeed soon as the sanding is done ill put two small strips in,also going to run nylon reinforced tape top and bottom.
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2012, 02:16 PM
United Kingdom, England, Taunton
Joined Sep 2011
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd View Post
yes indeed soon as the sanding is done ill put two small strips in,also going to run nylon reinforced tape top and bottom.
Mine broke in exactly the same place after hitting a tree about three months ago. I gorilla glued then put two 2mm carbon rods across the break and also nylon reinforced tape along both leading edges. Seems more than strong enough now.
eddie currents is online now Find More Posts by eddie currents
Old Dec 10, 2012, 04:17 PM
Sweden
Joined Jul 2010
186 Posts
CoG

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterF View Post
The only question I have is the CofG is listed as 83mm from leading edge of the wing but even with the battery pack, ESC and Rx all at the rear of the cockpit the model is still nose heavy, balancing at perhaps 76mm, is this normal. From the comments earlier in the thread people have said it is not sensitive to CoG.
Hi Peter
Congratulation to a good buy! I do not think you have extra weight up front in that original 4S model. She is very unsesitive to some millimeters of CG. I think I also have 76mm CG with larger 4S acc. Or even less...
Give us a report of your first fly!

/BG
BG Bengtsson is offline Find More Posts by BG Bengtsson
Old Dec 10, 2012, 07:46 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3,355 Posts
took the diamond 2500 and the Phoenix 2000 out to fly in the wind ! put the Phoenix up first, and after that was to afraid to fly the diamond as wind was blowing really hard up in the air ! Soon as the wind dies down ill get her up here is the Phoenix flight you can hear the stinking wind,it got worse by end of flight
phoenix 2000-2 (3 min 9 sec)
Last edited by fastfwd; Dec 11, 2012 at 02:00 AM.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 05:13 PM
United States, NC, Hendersonville
Joined May 2010
76 Posts
Quote:
well gents i got the crashed parts from Jack on this forum, glued the wings up with gorilla glue,got everything straightened out,replaced a couple bad servos. and now i have two complete diamond 2500,s three extra wings and an extra tail wing let the good times roll !! Thanks Jack ! here is his crashed parts.and after some fixing, still need a little sanding and a bit of light spackel ..
Way to go fstfwd! I didn't think the left wing panel would repair so well. Probably would have bot a new fuse if I didn't have an almost new Cularis waiting for a motor. Should I have kept the parts? At my age and health history I do not plan too far ahead, one project at a time and the Cularis was next up. Look forward to your video's of the Diamond 2500.

Jack
Jack McC is offline Find More Posts by Jack McC
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:08 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack McC View Post
Way to go fstfwd! I didn't think the left wing panel would repair so well. Probably would have bot a new fuse if I didn't have an almost new Cularis waiting for a motor. Should I have kept the parts? At my age and health history I do not plan too far ahead, one project at a time and the Cularis was next up. Look forward to your video's of the Diamond 2500.

Jack
No you should not have kept the parts lol whats a cularis look like WOW that is same wing size as the phoenix evolution ! which flys fantastic congrats !
Last edited by fastfwd; Dec 11, 2012 at 06:51 PM.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 03:03 PM
United States, NC, Hendersonville
Joined May 2010
76 Posts
Quote:
No you should not have kept the parts lol
Heh-Heh!! I kinda thought you would say that.
Jack McC is offline Find More Posts by Jack McC
Old Dec 15, 2012, 01:26 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhampton View Post
LOL,,,that's a good point,,,i really should get it...he still has it too. $180 and it's brand spank new..Never been Flown....hmmmmm, good idea fastfwd......
I see you have a few gliders by looking at classifieds, just how many planes have you got ? And how about some pictures of them, you show me yours and ill show you mine
Old Dec 15, 2012, 01:41 PM
USA, FL, Clearwater
Joined Dec 2007
694 Posts
ok deal....here's just a few...i'll include a Few Giant Glider Wings to throw in the Mix.....Now with the exception of one or 2 gliders that i sold,,i pretty much have just about everything in Photos...i'm working on a new project with that 150" WS Wing you see there..it's a 3 piece...if fact i need to start a new Thread to find out what Fuse i can purchase for this Wing..
rhampton is offline Find More Posts by rhampton
Old Dec 15, 2012, 02:16 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3,355 Posts
okay here you go, you have some sweet setups,love those huge wings ! I have two of the diamond 2500.s the SSS is hanging from ceiling, the Phoenix on table is one of my favorites with 103" wings
Last edited by fastfwd; Dec 15, 2012 at 02:22 PM.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 06:21 PM
USA, FL, Clearwater
Joined Dec 2007
694 Posts
Nice...i like........& uuuu,,,I forgot to Ad......Just picked this up tonight from a buddy.....80" WS & Extremely Lite..
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:07 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhampton View Post
Nice...i like........& uuuu,,,I forgot to Ad......Just picked this up tonight from a buddy.....80" WS & Extremely Lite..
wow ! that is one big wing ! I built one out of a balsa kit like that in the mid 1980,s . First flight was its last used control wire to go back to elevator, it bent when going into a dive would not pull up. should have either used another servo half way or solid rods
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:10 PM
USA, FL, Clearwater
Joined Dec 2007
694 Posts
Omg,,,i'm on a roll.....guy at flying field gave me the remains of his kadet senior..wing, elevator and rudder......uuuuu guess what....another project glider......check out this idea..
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:22 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
USA
Joined May 2010
4,722 Posts
rhampton,

I disLike you!....

you are taking all of the great wings out there
rclab1 is online now Find More Posts by rclab1
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:25 PM
USA, FL, Clearwater
Joined Dec 2007
694 Posts
LOL...i hear ya man...it's funny how you can take something from nothing and make a whole plane...i have been more into building than flying.....i'd say in a week or 2 i may have that flying and it would be my best project ever....
i got your pm rclab1 and the only wings i have that wont flex is the ones above in the post were i list all my gliders.. particularly the green one..it's a 3 piece wing and it's fully competition.