SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:14 PM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoGolf View Post
I considered buying this exact plane (bah7566's) at one time.

I went through my PM's and it was December 6th 2010!

I opted for a brand new one as I wanted to piece together my own fpv gear.

Glad to see you are enjoying this.

BG
wow i am glad you didnt i also looked at it once before and opted to go new,but alas i could not find a new one in stock,now glad i got this one,it took a little Spackle work but was worth it,the extra bracing he did is a good idea and i will do the same on my new one
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2012, 07:56 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3,293 Posts
well heck took the diamond 2500 and the new Phoenix 2000 with 2m wings on it. Waiting for buddy to show and got to late,so i flew the Phoenix but didnt get a chance to maiden the diamond ! Phoenix is one fast,responsive yet floating beauty ! But just cant beat the diamond 2500
Old Dec 03, 2012, 08:03 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
USA
Joined May 2010
4,525 Posts
Do you guys know when the $200 version is in Stock again?....
rclab1 is online now Find More Posts by rclab1
Old Dec 05, 2012, 06:47 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1 View Post
Do you guys know when the $200 version is in Stock again?....
no clue but you may call them and put in a order for when they arrive On a side note been flying the diamond 2500 in realflight on a map called the mountain cabin. Overlooks the ocean in Alaska i think, any way the diamond will float forever with no power on that one, just to much fun !!
Last edited by fastfwd; Dec 05, 2012 at 11:58 PM.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 04:54 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3,293 Posts
well gents i got the crashed parts from Jack on this forum, glued the wings up with gorilla glue,got everything straightened out,replaced a couple bad servos. and now i have two complete diamond 2500,s three extra wings and an extra tail wing let the good times roll !! Thanks Jack ! here is his crashed parts.and after some fixing, still need a little sanding and a bit of light spackel ..
Old Dec 06, 2012, 05:26 PM
USA, FL, Clearwater
Joined Dec 2007
695 Posts
Wow, very impressive..i wish i had your skills.. Normally i would trash a plane looking like that, but that's awesome that you can take a crashed plane and make it flyable again.. Waaa ta go buddy..
rhampton is offline Find More Posts by rhampton
Old Dec 06, 2012, 06:21 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhampton View Post
Wow, very impressive..i wish i had your skills.. Normally i would trash a plane looking like that, but that's awesome that you can take a crashed plane and make it flyable again.. Waaa ta go buddy..
thanks man. When there are no wings to be had except in the UK a man can get pretty handy
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:40 PM
USA, FL, Clearwater
Joined Dec 2007
695 Posts
btw do you live in the UK? I have a long distance cousin in the Manchester area..
rhampton is offline Find More Posts by rhampton
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:05 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhampton View Post
btw do you live in the UK? I have a long distance cousin in the Manchester area..
nope down here in Idaho usa.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 02:10 AM
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Nov 2004
337 Posts
I have just bought a Diamond 2500, it was the complete rtf set with radio, charger and 2500mAh 4S battery going cheap on ebay. I immediately sold on the radio, charger and flap servo which bought me an extra 2 2200mAh 4S batteries and a Hitec Rx.

The model went together very well, none of the mismatch problems with the wing halves at the joiners. I have taped all the hinge lines and flexed the hinges to ease them into use, added bands to the clevises, swaped the prop to a carbon CAM prop, split the ailerons into seperate channels and programmed crow / butterfly, checked all the glued joints so now it is ready to fly.

The only question I have is the CofG is listed as 83mm from leading edge of the wing but even with the battery pack, ESC and Rx all at the rear of the cockpit the model is still nose heavy, balancing at perhaps 76mm, is this normal. From the comments earlier in the thread people have said it is not sensitive to CoG.
PeterF is offline Find More Posts by PeterF
Old Dec 07, 2012, 06:22 AM
I'm a Registered User
Evansville, WI
Joined Dec 2006
3,689 Posts
The 3S version sold here in the US comes with a large weight installed in the nose to compensate for the lighter battery. Perhaps the version you got has this weight included?
Bugman Jeff is online now Find More Posts by Bugman Jeff
Old Dec 07, 2012, 02:31 PM
United States, CA, Camarillo
Joined Jul 2012
366 Posts
Peter,

Glad you had sucess with your mods.

On the CG, without going to a lighter Lipo battery, you could remove some of the nose heavy weight by removing the wing tip weights which are located only slightly in front of the recommended CG, replace the aluminum wing pipe with a carbon rod, replace the elevator and rudder servos with metal gear type servos, or add ballast to the tail.

Since the tail is 5 times as far from the CG as the canopy, you would only need 5grams to offset each 25 grams of battery weight.

Barry
Barry2020 is offline Find More Posts by Barry2020
Old Dec 07, 2012, 05:20 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry2020 View Post
Peter,

Glad you had sucess with your mods.

On the CG, without going to a lighter Lipo battery, you could remove some of the nose heavy weight by removing the wing tip weights which are located only slightly in front of the recommended CG, replace the aluminum wing pipe with a carbon rod, replace the elevator and rudder servos with metal gear type servos, or add ballast to the tail.

Since the tail is 5 times as far from the CG as the canopy, you would only need 5grams to offset each 25 grams of battery weight.

Barry
speaking of metal gear servos my brand new Phoenix 2000 Evolution had a bad rudder servo,so replaced it and elevator with 17g metal gear servo,s man what a difference they make !! Good service,fast shipping,and great servos so far... http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=34
Last edited by fastfwd; Dec 07, 2012 at 05:30 PM.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 11:52 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3,293 Posts
might be why Jim crashed the second time,i found where his wing tip had been glued on,but the foam was VERY week before and after the fix,so trying some gorilla glue,fist i cut out a trough where crack was, filled it in,then spread a thin layer of gorilla glue on top and bottom.think this wing tip may have been giving or even twisting.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 12:21 AM
I'm a Registered User
Evansville, WI
Joined Dec 2006
3,689 Posts
Any time I'm not confident in a joint like that, I add a chunk of CF or two across the break for extra reinforcement
Bugman Jeff is online now Find More Posts by Bugman Jeff