HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:30 PM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1 View Post
fastFwd:

I believe that same plane you have set a record for distance on a normal range UHF RC Tx/Rx.
????

Stock Motor, and use 2x 4s-4000mah.... This Diamond 2500 likes a lot of weight

http://vimeo.com/20998096

http://vimeo.com/23774500
Yes indeed this is the same one bah7566 Yes ! was about to drive me nuts not being able to remember
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:58 PM
I'm a Registered User
Evansville, WI
Joined Dec 2006
3,689 Posts
That FPV video was pretty cool. I want to use mine as an FPV ship, I've been getting my gear tested and tuned on my Easycub, so far I've only gone 2Km. The amp display on his OSD was neat to see. It's amazing just how few amps this plane draws when you're just cruising.
Bugman Jeff is online now Find More Posts by Bugman Jeff
Old Dec 02, 2012, 09:28 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
USA
Joined May 2010
4,714 Posts
I believe he did that about 1.5 yrs ago, and the technology of FPV antennas have developed 10 folds (you can go further).

The wing span is pretty big, it can take a lot of 'mah' capacity Lipos and will cruise at Low amps (its decently aerodynamic).....I'm pretty sure he had 2x 4s-4000mah....I know it can take more Lipos, just have to move the servos more aft as a mod....no problem.

(on my Cularis FPV plane, I put managed to put 2x 3s-5000mah no problem. Flew for 1.5hrs, and I Glided to home 5 miles out using no power. That Cularis glided really good. This Diamond 2500 glides the same, but its faster)....

Its funny, the Chinese version has a "FPV" product for this. (that camera mount is funny high, LOL)

VIDEO:

http://www.art-tech.com/english/Arti...?ArticleID=379

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjAxODc5NDI4.html
rclab1 is offline Find More Posts by rclab1
Last edited by rclab1; Dec 02, 2012 at 09:35 PM.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 09:44 PM
I'm a Registered User
Evansville, WI
Joined Dec 2006
3,689 Posts
Wow, that camera is way up there...
Old Dec 02, 2012, 09:53 PM
USA, FL, Clearwater
Joined Dec 2007
694 Posts
Flew the Diamond 2500 again today. Weather was nice so i decided to post another video.
Please go on the actual youtube page and leave a nice comment and a like if you can. I really like this glider. Flies so nice and stable. thinking of getting another one just as a backup..lol

Nitro Planes Diamond 2500 (3 min 0 sec)
rhampton is offline Find More Posts by rhampton
Old Dec 02, 2012, 10:29 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1 View Post
I believe he did that about 1.5 yrs ago, and the technology of FPV antennas have developed 10 folds (you can go further).

The wing span is pretty big, it can take a lot of 'mah' capacity Lipos and will cruise at Low amps (its decently aerodynamic).....I'm pretty sure he had 2x 4s-4000mah....I know it can take more Lipos, just have to move the servos more aft as a mod....no problem.

(on my Cularis FPV plane, I put managed to put 2x 3s-5000mah no problem. Flew for 1.5hrs, and I Glided to home 5 miles out using no power. That Cularis glided really good. This Diamond 2500 glides the same, but its faster)....

Its funny, the Chinese version has a "FPV" product for this. (that camera mount is funny high, LOL)

VIDEO:

http://www.art-tech.com/english/Arti...?ArticleID=379

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjAxODc5NDI4.html
way way to cool man ! And to fly it back home with the wing broken off !! Ohh i happen to have got the extra wing also lol
Old Dec 02, 2012, 10:32 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhampton View Post
Flew the Diamond 2500 again today. Weather was nice so i decided to post another video.
Please go on the actual youtube page and leave a nice comment and a like if you can. I really like this glider. Flies so nice and stable. thinking of getting another one just as a backup..lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6Rrj...ature=youtu.be
IT fly's great man ! That is why they are always out of stock You should get the one your friend has as no one has them in stock. I really think i got nitroplanes last one. Out of all the planes my friend and i have this one is the most stable,when landing the wings stay level and it is just a pleasure to fly.Now as for the guy with the wing ? Didi you know him ? was he invited to dive at you and mess with you ? If not im afraid there would have been some words exchanged for sure !! That is not only ignorant but foolish and immature !
Last edited by fastfwd; Dec 02, 2012 at 11:19 PM.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 10:36 PM
USA, FL, Clearwater
Joined Dec 2007
694 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd View Post
IT fly's great man ! That is why they are always out of stock You should get the one your friend has as no one has them in stock. I really think i got nitroplanes last one. Out of all the planes my friend and i have this one is the most stable,when landing the wings stay level and it is just a pleasure to fly.
LOL,,,that's a good point,,,i really should get it...he still has it too. $180 and it's brand spank new..Never been Flown....hmmmmm, good idea fastfwd......
rhampton is offline Find More Posts by rhampton
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:59 PM
United States, NJ, Chatham
Joined Mar 2003
136 Posts
The RTF version is now in stock at Banana Hobby.
baldy is offline Find More Posts by baldy
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:11 AM
Joined Mar 2012
3,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
The RTF version is now in stock at Banana Hobby.
yea but man have they raised the price ! I realize it has the 60amp esc and 4s lipo but what a jump in price ..
Old Dec 03, 2012, 02:40 AM
Spearheading an Alliance
United States, CO, Aspen
Joined Oct 2010
794 Posts
I considered buying this exact plane (bah7566's) at one time.

I went through my PM's and it was December 6th 2010!

I opted for a brand new one as I wanted to piece together my own fpv gear.

Glad to see you are enjoying this.

BG
BravoGolf is offline Find More Posts by BravoGolf
Old Dec 03, 2012, 03:01 AM
Spearheading an Alliance
United States, CO, Aspen
Joined Oct 2010
794 Posts
duplicate
BravoGolf is offline Find More Posts by BravoGolf
Old Dec 03, 2012, 07:42 AM
I'm a Registered User
Evansville, WI
Joined Dec 2006
3,689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd View Post
yea but man have they raised the price ! I realize it has the 60amp esc and 4s lipo but what a jump in price ..
Wow. This is a fun plane and it flies well, but unless you need the weight hauling capabilities, I don't think it's worth $300...
Old Dec 03, 2012, 01:09 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugman Jeff View Post
Wow. This is a fun plane and it flies well, but unless you need the weight hauling capabilities, I don't think it's worth $300...
nope and then you have there outrageous shipping on top of that, i know it is a very popular plane as it is always out of stock but they have gone crazy on there price. And yet i would be willing to bet they are sold out before they even get them as people are ordering ahead of time. Looks like i may be able to get mine in the air today,no wind sun shining
Old Dec 03, 2012, 01:10 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhampton View Post
LOL,,,that's a good point,,,i really should get it...he still has it too. $180 and it's brand spank new..Never been Flown....hmmmmm, good idea fastfwd......
Grab it man ! No one has them in stock, and you need an extra