4,344 Posts
So that Hacker motor will fit?
rclab1 is offline Find More Posts by rclab1
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:55 AM
USA, FL, Clearwater
Joined Dec 2007
695 Posts
Ok so why r we modifying the 2500...is there wnything wrong with the stock setup?....you know,,,,,there is a strong possibility you can put in a 60a esc and a 4s and i bet this stock motor will give you the same satisfaction......if the diamond 2500 was sold in a kit without any electronics or the stock motor blew then i can see, but somehow i feel that hacker motor is not going to be a night and day difference from the original stock motor.....just my opinion tho.....
rhampton is offline Find More Posts by rhampton
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:33 PM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhampton View Post
Ok so why r we modifying the 2500...is there wnything wrong with the stock setup?....you know,,,,,there is a strong possibility you can put in a 60a esc and a 4s and i bet this stock motor will give you the same satisfaction......if the diamond 2500 was sold in a kit without any electronics or the stock motor blew then i can see, but somehow i feel that hacker motor is not going to be a night and day difference from the original stock motor.....just my opinion tho.....
im leaving it stock except the esc went up to 60amp, that is all.
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:49 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
USA
Joined May 2010
4,344 Posts
Thanks guys for the input,....I'm sure the quality is great and everyone can leave it stock.
....but I just have extra motors, and electronics here that I can use.
(ie....I even have brand new 6 extra 12g metal servos waiting to be used in a glider).....

.....but, not to ask again, "will a 37mm motor fit inside this glider, and the mounting holes are 25mm x25mm?)....

Thanks ya'll

.....edit.....
I found some interesting info here:
I should upgrade the motor mount before I put this motor in.....

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...t#post23101918
Last edited by rclab1; Nov 30, 2012 at 02:59 PM.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:02 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3,282 Posts
got the new diamond 2500 tonight ! So now i have one with the 4s lipo and the 60amp esc and this new one from nitro planes, and also have another fuselage with 60amp esc and am waiting for the used wings and tail wing should get me through the next spring flying lol But this is a very popular glider,thus the reason they are always out of stock. I ordered mine from nitroplanes and they were out of stock the very next day !! Sweetness !! My Dynam program card works on my Pentium 60amp esc,so i got brake enabled way easier than messing with the tx and the beep crap ! I noticed the new y,s i bought let the aileron and flap plugs come out quite easy,so tomorrow ill try a different set i have,i want to be able to take wings off for transport,so mounting plugs under wings so just have to plug them in and away we go
Last edited by fastfwd; Dec 01, 2012 at 12:04 AM.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 08:53 AM
USA
Joined May 2010
4,344 Posts
Just wanted to know when the $200 version is in stock? Thanks
Old Dec 01, 2012, 09:23 AM
UK
Joined Oct 2001
116 Posts
rclab1 :- I have never stretched my budget to Hacker motors, so can't tell you what size thier motor mounting points are, but I'm sure they show this on thier website.

To help, by measuring my old original motor and mount :-

The original mounting plate is cross shapped with 8 holes, (the outer 4 to the plane & the inner 4 to the motor)
plane holes are
spaced at ≈31mm (E.G. ≈43mm on the diagonal),
drilled for 3mm bolts, I haven't dismantled my glider to check, I think the glider has m3 blind (AKA prong AKA T ) nuts.
motor holes are
defintely drilled for counter sunk head 8mm long m3 bolts
spaced at ≈18mm (E.G. ≈24mm on the diagonal)
This is exactly the same as the mounting plate supplied with the motor I got from HK, which works just fine.

N.B. Why not try swapping your existing motor before buying another ?
mitchellj is offline Find More Posts by mitchellj
Old Dec 01, 2012, 10:43 AM
USA
Joined May 2010
4,344 Posts
The mounting holes on the Hacker is 25x25mm. I posted the diagram a few posts up above:-)

Thank you for your measurements. I'm sure it will fit:-/
Old Dec 01, 2012, 02:29 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3,282 Posts
where have you guys installed the rx in you diamonds ? i put it in open area behind battery tray but is a real pain if i have to do any switching. the esc i put under wood battery holder and slid it a as far forward as i could. ?? any pictures of inside setup ?? thanks
Last edited by fastfwd; Dec 01, 2012 at 03:02 PM.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 08:01 PM
United States, CA, Camarillo
Joined Jul 2012
319 Posts
Your photos are too small on my computer to see much.

I haven't mounted my Rx yet, but did mount a Turnigy 65A ESC, placing it mid way. I cut a hole in the plywood for the ESC and have the heatsink flush with the plywood. I'm making an elevated battery tray from 1/16" thick plywood that will fit just above the factory tray and will have several slots cut out to make it lighter in weight and also for mounting two different size batteries with Velcro straps. More details on those mods later.

For your Rx mounting, there's a large tunnel at the rear canopy bulkhead where the wing, elevator, and rudder servo wires lead. You might be able to place it in the tunnel, but there should be plenty of room for the Rx just outside the tunnel, mouted to the bulkhead with Velcro.

Some have mounted the ESC under the plywood tray, while most place it along side the battery.

The battery is usually mounted with Velcro on the tray, such that it can be repositioned to center the CG at the correct position under the main wings (see Art-Tech instructions manual on CG).

Hope that helps, Barry
Barry2020 is offline Find More Posts by Barry2020
Old Dec 01, 2012, 10:08 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry2020 View Post
Your photos are too small on my computer to see much.

I haven't mounted my Rx yet, but did mount a Turnigy 65A ESC, placing it mid way. I cut a hole in the plywood for the ESC and have the heatsink flush with the plywood. I'm making an elevated battery tray from 1/16" thick plywood that will fit just above the factory tray and will have several slots cut out to make it lighter in weight and also for mounting two different size batteries with Velcro straps. More details on those mods later.

For your Rx mounting, there's a large tunnel at the rear canopy bulkhead where the wing, elevator, and rudder servo wires lead. You might be able to place it in the tunnel, but there should be plenty of room for the Rx just outside the tunnel, mouted to the bulkhead with Velcro.

Some have mounted the ESC under the plywood tray, while most place it along side the battery.

The battery is usually mounted with Velcro on the tray, such that it can be repositioned to center the CG at the correct position under the main wings (see Art-Tech instructions manual on CG).

Hope that helps, Barry
Yea picture i took was good untill i made it smaller for upload. And so far i have things just as you explained and CG is good at 90mm.. thanks
Old Dec 02, 2012, 02:39 AM
Arcee Moron
The Netherlands
Joined Jun 2012
680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd View Post
where have you guys installed the rx in you diamonds ? i put it in open area behind battery tray but is a real pain if i have to do any switching. the esc i put under wood battery holder and slid it a as far forward as i could. ?? any pictures of inside setup ?? thanks
Just use some velcro to mount it, there's plenty of room ??

I have it against the back, battery monitor with warning buzer on the other side.

Click on image for full size!
Justapoke is offline Find More Posts by Justapoke
Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:38 AM
I'm a Registered User
Evansville, WI
Joined Dec 2006
3,682 Posts
Here's mine. It's stuck on with Velcro, and the rats nest of wires is tucked under the plywood. I've got a low voltage alarm stuck to the floor Velcro, and the black circle on the side of the fuse is a lost model alarm.
Bugman Jeff is offline Find More Posts by Bugman Jeff
Old Dec 02, 2012, 07:15 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3,282 Posts
Looks like i got everything in ok, only difference is i put the esc in front under wood bracket,may have to move it but it works fine. I bought this diamond from a guy here that used it for FPV (wish i could remember his nick) anyway he reinforced it in a lot of places, and i cant wait to get it in the air ! But alas it is Blowing VERY hard for a stinking week, and now raining and hailing sideways !! argggg. here is a picture or two.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 07:25 PM
USA
Joined May 2010
4,344 Posts
fastFwd:

I believe that same plane you have set a record for distance on a normal range UHF RC Tx/Rx.
????

Stock Motor, and use 2x 4s-4000mah.... This Diamond 2500 likes a lot of weight

Diamond 2500 13 March 2011 FPV (3.17miles)(5.1K) (25 min 12 sec)

Diamond 2500 14 May 2011 10miles FPV (short version) (4 min 25 sec)