SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 23, 2012, 05:21 AM
USA, FL, Clearwater
Joined Dec 2007
695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd View Post
rhampton:

That second video had me on the edge of the seat man ! That is some fine flying in a strong wind,and in a tight populated area ! whew !!
it was ..Funny you mentioned that cause when i fly there, i take a big chance cause there's really no where to land,,there's no strip of grass except that small area where i land and it's only a couple of feet...so i kind of learned from just trial & error how to land there..it's mainly just a series of sharp circles which is kind cool to know cause now i can fly in small areas that i would have never thought i can fly in, so i'm learning as i fly the skills of landing...it's really becoming interesting...i know real pilots have to learn similar skills....Check out this video of a real landing that was really tight...It's not a glider but it's a good example of a landing which takes practice....

Extreme Airport Approach in Iceland! (HD) (2 min 2 sec)
rhampton is offline Find More Posts by rhampton
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 24, 2012, 12:40 PM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,293 Posts
15 days ! Thats how long it took hobby king to ship my battery and other stuff for the diamond, and now it just left Zurich Switzerland ! lol Man they have everything you would ever want but if it is not in USA warehouse you are screwed !
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:19 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3,293 Posts
so the diamond i have is a used one i bought here in classifieds, still waiting for parts and battery, i seen another one for sale here last night,and wanted to jump on it,wife kind of freaked out about it so i backed out well she finally told me today she has ordered me a new diamond 2500,and that's why she didn't want me to buy the one here ! woot ! what a woman i married 33 years ago !
Old Nov 26, 2012, 01:26 AM
Sweden
Joined Jul 2010
186 Posts
fastfwd! somtimes we have to say praise to God for more than our food!
BG Bengtsson is offline Find More Posts by BG Bengtsson
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:00 AM
Joined Mar 2012
3,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BG Bengtsson View Post
fastfwd! somtimes we have to say praise to God for more than our food!
well now ! I surely do in all things and for all things
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:21 PM
Spearheading an Alliance
United States, CO, Aspen
Joined Oct 2010
794 Posts
plus one

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd View Post
well now ! I surely do in all things and for all things
+ 1
BravoGolf is offline Find More Posts by BravoGolf
Old Nov 27, 2012, 03:01 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3,293 Posts
Man out of all the planes i have this baby is most stable and a joy to fly !! Just got my new Phoenix Evolution today,looks like it also is going to be a fun plane Found this old post and the diamond 2500 videos are amazing !
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1294872
Old Nov 27, 2012, 03:49 PM
Spearheading an Alliance
United States, CO, Aspen
Joined Oct 2010
794 Posts
diamond 2500 prop spinner

After doing a repair to my diamond I over tightened the prop spinner nut and it sheared of as if made out of cheap aluminium or something.

So...

Any thoughts or suggestions on other prop spinners ya'll had good results with?

I feel that it would perhaps be better to spend money on an "after market" prop spinner as oppsed to a "factory" replacement.

thanks,

The other BG
BravoGolf is offline Find More Posts by BravoGolf
Old Nov 27, 2012, 05:07 PM
United States, CA, Camarillo
Joined Jul 2012
362 Posts
I bought a spinner for prop/motor testing on eBay for about $9 with shipping. It looks nice, but I wouldn't recommend it, as it is quite heavy being made from all metal. None of the parts are interchangable.

You can find them on eBay by searching for "50 x 5.0mm spinner".

BH.com shows replacements in stock.

You might only need the 5mm shaft adapter.
Barry2020 is offline Find More Posts by Barry2020
Last edited by Barry2020; Nov 27, 2012 at 05:13 PM.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 05:16 PM
Arcee Moron
The Netherlands
Joined Jun 2012
782 Posts
I had the same problem with the nut on my Robbe Arcus Sport (same model) and I was lucky I could just replaced it with a new schaft adapter that I found at my local hobby store.

Otherwise you could try a complete replacement, the Graupner spinners are very good quality.
Justapoke is offline Find More Posts by Justapoke
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:53 PM
Joined Jan 2011
13 Posts
diamond 2500 prop spinner

Quote:
After doing a repair to my diamond I over tightened the prop spinner nut and it sheared of as if made out of cheap aluminium or something.
So...
Any thoughts or suggestions on other prop spinners ya'll had good results with?
I feel that it would perhaps be better to spend money on an "after market" prop spinner as oppsed to a "factory" replacement.
thanks,
The other BG
BG see my post # 738
I broke the prop adaptor collet by tightening the prop nut too tight. There is almost no metal thickness in stock collet between the 5mm motor shaft and the deep cuts in the 8mm course threaded prop shaft so be careful.

I replaced with BB 50mm spinner and new yoke/collet adaptor which has 8mm fine thread prop shaft and leaves more metal thicknes. The only problem is this yoke is 56mm which makes the aeronaut 15-8 prop diameter even larger (15.6). Now using aeronaut 14-8. The spinner had to be notched deeper over the yoke to close the gap between the cowling and the backend of spinner.

The stock prop adaptor is combo back plate with 5mm shaft collet. The stock back plate extends back 10mm to close this gap which exists because the motor extends beyond the cowling.

You could leave a 10mm gap or close the gap by extending the motor cowling or notch the spinner deeper to extend back further over the yoke.

I have a new D2500 now after total distruction resulting from shorted elevator servo wire. The metal tube vertical fin suport can cut through the insulation and short the wire. The BB yoke and spinner were destroyed so now have stock and will not torque the prop nut too much.

I also cut through the EPO control surface hinges and instaled RD-BRO small nylon hinges. The stock EPO flap hinges dont last too long at max deflection. I love full flaps for spot landing. I only used 3 hinges per control surface but 4 would be better. This all but eliminates the hinge bending resistance and now my srevos are happy and quite.

Mark C.
mcsoars is offline Find More Posts by mcsoars
Old Nov 29, 2012, 06:49 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
USA
Joined May 2010
4,514 Posts
Does anybody know if this Hacker motor is a DIRECT FIT to the motor mount of the Diamond2500?
I used this same motor on my Cularis FPV ship and was crazy powerful using 4s-3600mah flight Lipo, 12x8 prop.

I'm going to buy it again, if its a direct fitment. (I hope its not too big at 37mm size can).

Hacker A30 10XL v2.

Spec. and Images:.

https://www.aero-model.com/8_66_878/...10XL%20V2.html
rclab1 is online now Find More Posts by rclab1
Last edited by rclab1; Nov 24, 2013 at 05:12 PM.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:12 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1 View Post
Does anybody know if this Hacker motor is a DIRECT FIT to the motor mount of the Diamond2500?
I used this same motor on my Cularis FPV ship and was crazy powerful using 4s-3600mah flight Lipo, 12x8 prop.

I'm going to buy it again, if its a direct fitment. (I hope its not too big at 37mm size can).

Hacker A30 10XL v2.

Spec. and Images:.

https://www.aero-model.com/8_66_878/...10XL%20V2.html
keep us updated on it,if it bolts right in would be interesting to try
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:26 AM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
USA
Joined May 2010
4,514 Posts
fastfwd:
I don't have the D2500, I inquired about the 'space' inside the motor area and motor mount.

I hope that Hacker motor I listed upabove is a 'direct' fitment.....?
rclab1 is online now Find More Posts by rclab1
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:47 AM
Joined Mar 2012
3,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1 View Post
fastfwd:
I don't have the D2500, I inquired about the 'space' inside the motor area and motor mount.

I hope that Hacker motor I listed upabove is a 'direct' fitment.....?
ahhh but your buying one from sailplanes classified yes from a previous post " The can says Art-tech C3720-01
The Manual says A3720

I suspect the 37 is stator diameter in millimeters, so the 20 is probable length again in millimeteres

I have measured the shaft at 5mm, at power at 580W "
Last edited by fastfwd; Nov 30, 2012 at 11:11 AM.