HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 09, 2012, 07:36 PM
France, PACA, Gassin
Joined Jun 2012
4 Posts
The very first new Diamond 3500 maiden flight in St Tropez ......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=WUalmI-GfYY

http://modelisme-xtreme.forums-actif...0-glider#12068
ERIC123 is offline Find More Posts by ERIC123
Last edited by ERIC123; Jun 10, 2012 at 11:13 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 09, 2012, 08:22 PM
United States, PA, Gettysburg
Joined Apr 2008
8 Posts

+1 meter mod?

We'll be requiring detailed construction photos now, thanks.
dev367 is offline Find More Posts by dev367
Old Jun 10, 2012, 11:16 AM
France, PACA, Gassin
Joined Jun 2012
4 Posts
ERIC123 is offline Find More Posts by ERIC123
Old Jun 14, 2012, 04:01 PM
Helena, MT
Joined Feb 2003
2,913 Posts
Can this plane handle a gopro mounted on the wing if some ballast were applied to the opposite wing? If anyone has done this I would be interested in seeing photos.
LTChip is offline Find More Posts by LTChip
Old Jun 14, 2012, 09:11 PM
Plane on the Brain
Joined Apr 2005
839 Posts
I did a few flights with a JAZZhd. I usually just put some velcro on a piece of athletic tape (this goes on the wing and is removable) then do final securing with a rubber band or 2 around the entire wing chord

IMHO i would use another plane for FPV and/or video
coolboarder is offline Find More Posts by coolboarder
Old Jun 15, 2012, 09:09 AM
insert witty phrase here
Joined Aug 2006
379 Posts
I put my GoPro in a custom coro housing I made about 300mm out the right wing. I put my FPV cam & vid tx on the left wing.

The GoPro is great, but I plan on getting the Replay due to it's more aerodynamic form factor.

I,ll take some pictures shortly.

Cheers,
Brian
TooSLow2Care is offline Find More Posts by TooSLow2Care
Old Jun 30, 2012, 04:11 AM
Joined Jun 2012
7 Posts
Painting diamond 2500

i have read many threads about painting EPO foam....you guys are over thinking this. i painted my DA2500 with rustoleum primer and rustuleum professional spray paint. there was no foam"eating" or damage of any kind and it adheres very good. the problem is must people don't know how to spray paint!! the PROPELLENTS CAN DAMAGE YOUR FOAM!!! BUT, if you hold the can 12-18 inches away and do dusting coats...you will have ZERO problems. the propellent disperses at that distance and does not concentrate on the foam. just remember that paint add weight. i did the scale "air cadet" red stripes so wt was no a concern.

REMOVING THE DECALS: use a good quality masking tape. rub it on top of the decals....let it sit for a minute to adhere......rip it off like a bikini waxing.....repeat as necc. takes about 10mins to clear those chucky cheese decals off.
crabtrap is offline Find More Posts by crabtrap
Old Jun 30, 2012, 04:19 AM
Sweden
Joined Jul 2010
185 Posts
crabtrap Welcome! Any Photo?
/BG
BG Bengtsson is offline Find More Posts by BG Bengtsson
Old Jun 30, 2012, 04:33 AM
Joined Jun 2012
7 Posts
Easy upgrade!!

this is a must to save your servos from over work and to keep your flaps/ailerons intact.

buy a package of "great planes CA hinge fabric" (little squares of tuff and CA glue wicking material). gentle cut out all your foam hinges with a NEW exacto knife blade. ALL EXCEPT RUDDER HINGES( the rudder has a nice silicone hinge set-up). the fabric hinges are applied by slicing into the flap edge and wing edge just big enough to slide in the fabric hinge=(about the size of a postage stamp).
space out the hinges so you have 4 hinges per flap/ail. once you have your 4 hinges in place and the flap mated to the wing....apply a small amount of CA glue to the hinge material....it will "wick into the wing/flap providing a secure mount. MAKE SURE TO LEAVE A 1MM or 2 gap between wing and flap....this give the hinge a good flex point. after about 1 min of CA dry time,flex your flap back and forth 80 degrees for approx 5 mins PER flap to "break it in". READ THE HINGE PACKAGE DIRECTIONS on hinge alignment and cutting flap.
THIS MOD WILL TRIPLE YOUR SERVO LIFE SPAN AT THE VERY LEAST, compared to the pressed foam weak hinge. i had a nonflapped 2500 loose a flap on a fairly smooth landing! it just "popped" off. so looseing a aileron is not to far fetched in flight. PLUS that buzzing sound you hear when you hold full aileron or elevator,is your servo fighting with the foam hinge"spring back"...this drains battery power as well as taxing the servo. the hinges are about $3 for 24.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 04:46 AM
Joined Jun 2012
7 Posts
thx BG. im fighting with my tachyon cam right now to edit down AF (films in .mov files which sux!) but i'll take a few pics this weekend and post'em. i should probably write up a article on easy no BS mods. man i searched for 2 weeks on painting EPO until finally i gave up on all the witchcraft special latex this and airbrush acrylic that... finally i decided the internet is about 80% full of numbskulls, so i guinea pigged my rig. the 2500 is a great aircraft IMO. geez just read up a few comments,there is a guy claiming the "2500 is not a good FPV glider" HUH???!! this bird has some serious lift capability and wing area and it glides like a dream! so i figured i'd better sign up here and drop what ever tested tips i have.
Last edited by crabtrap; Jun 30, 2012 at 05:10 AM.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 05:24 AM
Joined Jun 2012
7 Posts
here is some pics. the color is "safety red" and is an exact match to the 2500's nose cone
Old Jul 05, 2012, 07:08 AM
United States, MI, Pontiac
Joined Jul 2006
289 Posts
I dont know if i missed this but where is the cg with the nose and wing weights taken out. Does this change for the one with flap servos and without.
X3n0 is offline Find More Posts by X3n0
Old Jul 05, 2012, 10:15 PM
Joined Jun 2012
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by X3n0 View Post
I dont know if i missed this but where is the cg with the nose and wing weights taken out. Does this change for the one with flap servos and without.
i'll chime in; i plucked my wts out and just readjusted the battery(2200mamp in my case) forward to balance out to the factory suggested CG, it should'nt matter about the flap servos...80mmCG is 80mmCG (its 80mm right? : )
Old Jul 05, 2012, 10:32 PM
United States, MI, Pontiac
Joined Jul 2006
289 Posts
ty...yes mm ...cm would be wayyyyyy off
X3n0 is offline Find More Posts by X3n0
Old Jul 06, 2012, 03:37 AM
Joined Jun 2012
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by X3n0 View Post
ty...yes mm ...cm would be wayyyyyy off
oopsy! thats the great thing about the diamond,it doesn't care!