HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 15, 2011, 03:18 AM
Czech Republic, Olomouc
Joined Sep 2010
576 Posts
Flight near Bilovice

Hello to all diamond pilots. I had very nice flight most recently with my Diamond 2500, my first flight near Bilovice, near my home village Lutotin. It is my first flight there! I used Rhino 2150mA 4S 30C extremely light LiPo battery. Thanks MRFASTPHIL for the TIP. The best battery from my experience until now. It allows me extremely sharp elevation to get to the extreme height in extremely short time and then to glide in wind or no wind for very long time from this height thanks to extremely low weight. I used Turnigy 9X TX and RX in my Diamond for the first time there. I exchanged genuine TX and RX with Turnigy 9X flashed with firmware ER9X and HW modified with LED backlight and programmed it. It allows me very fine-tune control of my Diamond. I used keychain camera with wide angle lens attached attached to Diamond to record this video. Hope you will enjoy this video, at least as much as I extremely very enjoyed the flight there...
Pavel

Flight near Bilovice (21 min 49 sec)
pavn is online now Find More Posts by pavn
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 23, 2011, 03:15 PM
Czech Republic, Olomouc
Joined Sep 2010
576 Posts
Recent flight

Here is my recent flight with Diamond 2500. I fly nearly every day in the afternoon or evening. I enjoy it very much. I take off from the field and land there.
Létání v Lutotíně (27 min 12 sec)
Old Apr 24, 2011, 09:44 AM
Czech Republic, Olomouc
Joined Sep 2010
576 Posts
I have been flying with the plane. Storm caught me. But I have felt and experienced for the first time gliding and circling in the thermals. i used no engine, but I was getting higher and higher and higher and higher and I circled and I was still up and up and up and up. Then the lightning started to thunder, so I quickly escaping from the thermals on the landing. Despite strong winds, I managed to land safely and securely in the wind and reap the plane into a car. I managed to record a video from the aircraft, as I was circling higher and higher. Great feeling.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 12:20 PM
Sweden
Joined Jul 2010
186 Posts
Hi Pavel
Nice to see and hear that you are progressing! It is a nice feeling to see the plane just gaining height! I have still not been in the air this year! Too busy. And tomorrow will I and my wife go to Israel on holiday! I will charge my own batteries!
take care
BG
BG Bengtsson is offline Find More Posts by BG Bengtsson
Old Apr 24, 2011, 12:57 PM
Czech Republic, Olomouc
Joined Sep 2010
576 Posts
Hi BG,
Happy holidays and happy flying time there!
Pavel
Quote:
Originally Posted by BG Bengtsson View Post
Hi Pavel
Nice to see and hear that you are progressing! It is a nice feeling to see the plane just gaining height! I have still not been in the air this year! Too busy. And tomorrow will I and my wife go to Israel on holiday! I will charge my own batteries!
take care
BG
Old May 05, 2011, 01:34 PM
Ilford,Essex, UK
Joined May 2006
1,941 Posts
Hi All

I recently aquired a used diamond and have given it a couple of flights, nothing to dramatic as yet just a few laps around the field.

She has the uprated esc and 4s battery this setup surprised me with its rate of climb!
I have now fitted the flap servos without a servo slower ( neccesary?) and they seem effective bringing the bird to a almost halt against a 12 mph wind

Anyone know how to mix in the flaps/ailerons on a dx6i?

The only problem I have with her is the tail boom has a right turn bend in it dose not seem to effect the flight to any extent but it is just the look of it has anyone come up against this I have tried to bend it back by applying some weights and leaving her in the sunshine for a few hours but to no effect.

Any advice on this subject and or setup/mods/alterations ect greatfully recieved including any FPV configerations

Regards Jeff
Upup is offline Find More Posts by Upup
Last edited by Upup; May 05, 2011 at 03:40 PM.
Old May 05, 2011, 11:22 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2009
554 Posts
New Art-Tech Diamond 1800mm Glider (6 min 48 sec)
hobbypartz is offline Find More Posts by hobbypartz
Old May 07, 2011, 09:44 AM
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined May 2010
390 Posts
The 2500 has an thin alum rod in the tail of the fuse. I bent mine on the second flight it never flew again LOL. Bad use of material for that. Should have been a carbon tube
WallsRoofing71 is offline Find More Posts by WallsRoofing71
Old May 07, 2011, 12:29 PM
gravity tester
LaPine,OR Quarztsite AZ
Joined Nov 2008
708 Posts
....although in about the last year of flying my Diamond, i have seen the wings bow a little, but never bend, i was always looking for a wing tube spar repacement. i recently found a Carbon Fiber "arrow shaft" that fits INSIDE the stock aluminum tube to form a double layered spar. This added tremendous strength, is easy to do, low cost.
MRFASTPHIL is offline Find More Posts by MRFASTPHIL
Old May 07, 2011, 04:21 PM
Sweden
Joined Jul 2010
186 Posts
Hello all!
After the first hard landing I did cut mine in three parts. (The wing Al tube.) It is not needed to be so long. Two out of three is now bended... One left. Have to buy a Carbon pipe this year I guess. But WallsRoofing71 mean the small pipe in the rudder or?

Regarding Jeffs questions I can only answer that I do not need a flaps servo slower, but I use elevator mixing. And Butterfly mixing.

Still not airborn...
/BG
BG Bengtsson is offline Find More Posts by BG Bengtsson
Old May 07, 2011, 05:12 PM
Ilford,Essex, UK
Joined May 2006
1,941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BG Bengtsson View Post
Hello all!
After the first hard landing I did cut mine in three parts. (The wing Al tube.) It is not needed to be so long. Two out of three is now bended... One left. Have to buy a Carbon pipe this year I guess. But WallsRoofing71 mean the small pipe in the rudder or?

Regarding Jeffs questions I can only answer that I do not need a flaps servo slower, but I use elevator mixing. And Butterfly mixing.

Still not airborn...
/BG
Hi BG I am going to program my DX6i for butterfly to see how that stops the diamond. I have been looking on line to find a supplier for a 11,5 mm carbon rod ......no luck so far unless I want to buy 100 metres minimum.

Regards Jeff
Old May 09, 2011, 05:55 AM
Czech Republic, Olomouc
Joined Sep 2010
576 Posts
if i bend the wing alum rod, i am simply able to straighten it back again with my hands and leg. Also with help - if i put rod on straight ground, then i try to stand on it, then roll with the rod with use of my weight. works perfectly for me ... Hope this helps...
Old May 09, 2011, 08:51 AM
United States, OH, Loveland
Joined Feb 2007
358 Posts
Parts

Are parts available for this bird? If so from where?
sinowace is online now Find More Posts by sinowace
Old May 09, 2011, 01:12 PM
Ilford,Essex, UK
Joined May 2006
1,941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinowace View Post
Are parts available for this bird? If so from where?
Main parts can be had from here

http://hobbyfly.de/en/rc-airplanes-1...pare-part-252/

I still cant find a 11.5 carbon rod anywhere any links anyone or am I wasting my time

Regards Jeff
Old May 09, 2011, 09:57 PM
Denton Tx.
Joined Sep 2003
1,945 Posts
Dennis H. is offline Find More Posts by Dennis H.