HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 15, 2011, 09:05 AM
Reunion
Joined Nov 2010
75 Posts
thank you, RCLab
the glue is UHU Por - ref on the box is 40359 - cheap and simple to use
a question to who may help : when I put "low gas", even with the trim as low as possible, the propeller rotates (in flight, not on the ground, where it keeps still)
is there anything to do?
thanks
Papangue is offline Find More Posts by Papangue
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2011, 10:28 AM
Sweden
Joined Jul 2010
185 Posts
Hi Papangue!
Thanks for showing us the video! ... But did you not record in HD?...!
Regarding unfolding prop. The same problem I had with original 40A ESC!!!
I have asked here in my first post, but no one have commented! I had to buy a new ESC. I tried to switch the original 40A ESC to brake mode but it had too weak break!
Do you have full Diamond with 6ch radio and Flaps servo mounted and 4S battery and 60A ESC?
Or do you have 4ch radio No Flaps servo and 3S battery and 40A ESC?

/BG
BG Bengtsson is offline Find More Posts by BG Bengtsson
Old Jan 15, 2011, 10:44 AM
Reunion
Joined Nov 2010
75 Posts
Hi BG
Video recorded in HD, but lowgraded for YouTube (poor internet flow here, would take hours)
my Diamond is with flaps and 60 A Esc, but I do not understand how, if no current arrives to motor and wind is pushing the propellers blades back, it is stil turning? unless the blades not folding, they turn counter clockwise
about flaps, I have in mind your video of landing, and it convinced me to turn to Diamond - but I have not yet flown in windy conditions
Old Jan 15, 2011, 11:16 AM
Czech Republic, Olomouc
Joined Sep 2010
572 Posts
Nice Video Papangue. Going to mount go pro hd to my diamond hopefully soon. I just use some cheap key chain camera for now. But definitely would like to try to use go pro hd. I would need to also to solve the mount of the gopro hd camera into diamond.

BG and all, it is very helpful to use simulator but nothing compares with real experience fly!

I also like to see video recording of my flight after I get home.
pavn is offline Find More Posts by pavn
Old Jan 15, 2011, 11:20 AM
Czech Republic, Olomouc
Joined Sep 2010
572 Posts
No the same issue with "low gas" and propeller. It simply stops rotation for me so I can glide. I have 60A version.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 11:33 AM
Czech Republic, Olomouc
Joined Sep 2010
572 Posts
Are the blades able to easily fold? If not I would try to improve that folding.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 12:19 PM
Reunion
Joined Nov 2010
75 Posts
Thanks for the advice, Pavn. I loosened the screw/bolt, so the blades are completely free. Next flight tomorrow morning, will see.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 05:49 PM
gravity tester
LaPine,OR Quarztsite AZ
Joined Nov 2008
708 Posts
....today only one battery used, but had the Diamond in the air for over 90minutes ...(the battery in my watch expired, i guess better it than the glider)...one of the other guys said he was keeping track of my flight time.
MRFASTPHIL is offline Find More Posts by MRFASTPHIL
Old Jan 15, 2011, 05:51 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
USA
Joined May 2010
4,470 Posts
FastPhil,,,,what Battery pack are you using?
rclab1 is offline Find More Posts by rclab1
Old Jan 15, 2011, 06:05 PM
gravity tester
LaPine,OR Quarztsite AZ
Joined Nov 2008
708 Posts
Hi rc, the last several months i have been using Blue Lipo 2200 30C batteries...i have used these others previously, 2500's, 3300's, 3600's, 4000's, .... and for me , i'm liking the weight and balance of the 2200's....good 30C climbing power and forward speed at level trim. run time is enough, and seems to be a pretty good weight for thermal sniffing.....if i was doing some mountain soaring, i would use the larger packs....
MRFASTPHIL is offline Find More Posts by MRFASTPHIL
Old Jan 16, 2011, 10:25 AM
Sweden
Joined Jul 2010
185 Posts
Hi all! Nice to see all activity here now.

Phil We are waiting for mountain soaring pictures or video...!

Pavel. I did wake up this night thinking of video recording of flight simulator! An idea: Record the flight with the built in flight recorder. Then play pack and transfer with screen recorder... Maybe it could record with higher resolution then. If it will slow down, it might slow down the playback also?
Is there not threads here around dealing with flight simulator problem? Maybe there is special program that can transfer the flight recorder file to mpeg2???

Now I am tired of this winter! I would like to fly. fly FLYYY!
BG
BG Bengtsson is offline Find More Posts by BG Bengtsson
Old Jan 17, 2011, 03:34 AM
Czech Republic, Olomouc
Joined Sep 2010
572 Posts
Hi BG, Phil, Papangue, RClab1 and others,

I was out yesterday - nicer wheather here - for a short pre-spring (at least it looked that way) flight with my diamond. Temperature was just around 5 C/ 41 F. i did not have much time to prepare everything. still I was able to get to the air. Used 2 batteries. About 30 minutes safe flight. i wanted to be careful with my first flight after some (not real flying just simulator) pause time (my last flight was on 19 November i think).

BG, it is completely different experience in comparison with simulator. With simulator they try to put 3D into 2D monitor. Real experience is completely difference even they try very hard in simulator to get best experience. i wanted to record some video from flight with sunny wheather, but keychain camera did not work, was not charged properly, so it did not start. Just tried to test also low voltage indicator/buzzer a little. but i did not test it much, since i prefer my experience and upfront safe landing instead of waiting for some signal i do not know, so i landed upfront.

I used 2 batteries. about 30 minutes flight. Phil, I wish could get that nice 90 minutes flying time here... probably difference is whether difference. i look forward for summer, hopefully will be getting better flying times also here with my diamond...

Would like to test also different battery packs, would like to try that Blue Lipo 2200 30C. But it looks like Blue Lipo 2200 4S 30C is not here in a shop, just different brand. Maybe i would need to buy it abroad online from some shop. Do you have any recommendation? (with lowest prices, possible lowest or free shipping around the world?)

Papangue, did that advice with blades easy folding help to resolve the unwanted rotation?

Other guys flew there in the airport with helis, alfa 1500 and also German diamond version in the form of Arcus Sport from Robbe.

Hope there will be more days like this during this Winter still yet, looking forward for spring and summer for flying.

Rgds,
Pavel
Last edited by pavn; Jan 17, 2011 at 05:20 AM.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 07:35 AM
Czech Republic, Olomouc
Joined Sep 2010
572 Posts
Some link from my bookmark to share (between what we are waiting for a possibly good weather), here is foggy as well yesterday .
Flying Vampires Weekend 2010 (11 min 13 sec)
Old Jan 23, 2011, 01:08 AM
Reunion
Joined Nov 2010
75 Posts
Hello Diamond Friends from the other sides of the world...
Last news from a beginner : fly near an electric line, see nothing because the plane is between your eyes and the sun, and here is the result...

crash au volcan.m4v (1 min 50 sec)

No injury, except for fame ...
Plane : one dead wing, ordered a new complete plane, so I have spare parts...
Otherwise, to Pavn : yes, it worked, thanks a lot.
Refards to everyone and, as says BG, FLY!
Old Jan 23, 2011, 12:47 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
USA
Joined May 2010
4,470 Posts
Papangue

..... nice vid... atleast you recovered your
GoPro HERO back.
great choice of music by the way :-)
rclab1 is offline Find More Posts by rclab1