Old Dec 27, 2010, 04:50 PM
Sweden
Joined Jul 2010
186 Posts
Some brave people out there!

Hi all!
I found some Diamond 2500 videos:
1. Runar flyr igen!
2. First flight in Germany. Crash and on it again!
3. Second from Germany!

I founded out how to make links at last. This makes the post smaller...
But harder to overview... Maybe better to add videos as we use to do?

bah7566, I hope you get someone that buys your stuff! But why not try landing with maximum butterfly brake at you back yard! Would not be impossible!

And thanks "BG" for comments on my videos. Do do the editing myself. I have a very nice professional video camera... But it is hard to find someone to join me out to the field!
/BG
BG Bengtsson is offline Find More Posts by BG Bengtsson
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 27, 2010, 05:17 PM
FPV maniac
Colorado
Joined Sep 2007
587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BG Bengtsson View Post
Hi all!
bah7566, I hope you get someone that buys your stuff! But why not try landing with maximum butterfly brake at you back yard! Would not be impossible!
Nice videos and inspiring to me. They make me want to go fly. I can't take advantage of the butterfly brake unfortunately. I have all of the 9 channels on my radio used up for the FPV set up. I had to use a Y for the ailerons so it is not possible to take advantage of the butterfly capabilities of this airplane. I currently have it set up with flaps and they do a fairly good job. I do love to fly the airplane as it is so stable.
Thank you for sharing the videos. Here is one of mine with this airplane.

Diamond 2500 FPV 05 Dec 2010 2 (5 min 54 sec)

Bruce
bah7566 is offline Find More Posts by bah7566
Old Dec 30, 2010, 12:50 PM
Born Again Idiot
Curacao, Curaçao, Willemstad
Joined Jul 2007
435 Posts
Are the nasty decals painted or stickers?
Are they easy to remove?
Im thinking of getting a model only package but the colour scheme really disturbs me
MooSey-UK is offline Find More Posts by MooSey-UK
Old Dec 30, 2010, 01:22 PM
FPV maniac
Colorado
Joined Sep 2007
587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooSey-UK View Post
Are the nasty decals painted or stickers?
Are they easy to remove?
Im thinking of getting a model only package but the colour scheme really disturbs me
They are decals. They are not so easy to remove. Not impossible but not so easy.
bah7566 is offline Find More Posts by bah7566
Old Dec 30, 2010, 03:04 PM
Born Again Idiot
Curacao, Curaçao, Willemstad
Joined Jul 2007
435 Posts
Thanks.
MooSey-UK is offline Find More Posts by MooSey-UK
Old Jan 12, 2011, 11:33 AM
Portugal
Joined Dec 2007
186 Posts
I love this topic...

BG you convinced me to buy one

When do you think i have the ability to fly one diamond:

Parkzone vapor
Easystar <-Im here right now
Small Cessna
Acromaster
Big Cessna

Thank you for the experience, especialy in this movie:

Diamond 2500 Landing with Flaps (9 min 6 sec)

From Portugal
xenupy is offline Find More Posts by xenupy
Old Jan 12, 2011, 12:55 PM
gravity tester
LaPine,OR Quarztsite AZ
Joined Nov 2008
708 Posts
Hi Guys, just a small tip to let you know that the Diamond 2500 is now available from NitroPlanes for $209 RTF
MRFASTPHIL is offline Find More Posts by MRFASTPHIL
Old Jan 12, 2011, 01:11 PM
Sweden
Joined Jul 2010
186 Posts
Hi Phil! Happy new year from Sweden!
Long time sins we heard from Az. I guess you are free from snow.Any flying report?

Sad to hear the tragic news from your part of the world...

Is that including 6ch version???!!! Then it is real cheap!

Hi xenupy! Thanks for watching my videos! If you fly easystar with ailerons it will be no problems at all. But I think you will do it well anyway! A big model like this flies scalewise slower then a "small" Cessna. Buy the full 6ch flaps version.
And report to us your experience! And you will have a shock when seeing the box arriving! It is huge! You cant get it in to a normal car!...

EDIT: And a flying tip:
Do not try to climb too fast. Then it stalls. Especially not at low power! And never turn power off during climbing! Here is a good example: video. This guy turns the power down too much first time. And then power off at climbing, at low hight!. Result Chrash. First elevate to straight or a little downward, then power off.
So first fly: Just short. Climb forward at max power 3-4 seconds. Straighten out and left turn. Whenyou fly parallell to your self Power of and glide to ground.
You can also use low power on motor as speed control. So, actually never turn power off during first fly. 50%trottle with 4S and 60% with 3S is approx minimum. The propeller is a big break!
yours BG
Last edited by BG Bengtsson; Jan 13, 2011 at 09:35 AM. Reason: First fly suggestions
Old Jan 12, 2011, 01:21 PM
Czech Republic, Olomouc
Joined Sep 2010
572 Posts
Flying in thermal winds - my winter training with simulator

I am training to flight in the thermal winds with Diamond 2500 in simulator (RealFlight simulator). I found out and observed that I am able to stay in the air to flight without using engine there. It works better and also it works to make more easily fast turns with diamond to stay in the thermal winds if I use flaps on. Is it the same with real diamond in thermal winds? How do you usually flight in thermal winds, and what is your technique to circle around? Do you use flaps also?

Flaps helps me to make fast turns and lower minimal flight speed there in simulator.

Happy new year to you all and your families!
pavn is online now Find More Posts by pavn
Old Jan 12, 2011, 01:29 PM
Sweden
Joined Jul 2010
186 Posts
Hello pavel! Happy new year to you too.
I have never tried to deploy the flaps in thermalling. I guess it has to be very limited action, maybe 5degrees or so. You will have slower speed and more lift in fast soaring air with flaps. If it is low activity less flaps is possible. But the other guys here may know better...?
Old Jan 12, 2011, 02:05 PM
gravity tester
LaPine,OR Quarztsite AZ
Joined Nov 2008
708 Posts
Hi BG, Happy New Year to You Also,...yes, a great new price, about a hundred dollars less for the exact same Diamond with battery n radio. i have bought several planes from NP, and i am very happy with this vendor. i have lights on my Diamond for flying at dusk, and have been busy flying my EDF jets, including a new F-18 Hornet and twin B-25, which i am flying in our club fly-in tomorrow, yes it's on a thursday!
Old Jan 12, 2011, 02:10 PM
Czech Republic, Olomouc
Joined Sep 2010
572 Posts
I just use standard diamond down flaps. There is not possible to change flaps angle in the simulator. Just to turn it on or off. With flaps on I am able to stay flight in the small thermal winds area, I am able to make fast turns in short distance and without loosing much height during the turn, and slow speed caused by flaps helps to not get out of the thermal field and helps to circle there for long time. Without using flaps on it is nearly impossible or very difficult for me to stay in the small thermal field area there in simulator, I need to make fast turns without loosing much height and need to flight slow to not to get out from the thermal field. Without using flaps I need to use engine to help me to get back to the thermal field usually since I get out of the thermal field very easily in this case by diamond speed without flaps. With flaps on used I am able to stay there without using engine for very long time. I will try to record hopefully some video demonstration for tomorrow for you to see also so you can see also my observations.

Pavel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG Bengtsson View Post
Hello pavel! Happy new year to you too.
I have never tried to deploy the flaps in thermalling. I guess it has to be very limited action, maybe 5degrees or so. You will have slower speed and more lift in fast soaring air with flaps. If it is low activity less flaps is possible. But the other guys here may know better...?
Old Jan 12, 2011, 02:22 PM
Sweden
Joined Jul 2010
186 Posts
Nice to talk to you all again! Our new friend fromPortugal triggered us to post!

Phil! What to say!!?? Is that electric?
Did you put a camera under the D?

Phil you are the only guy to test full flaps in thermal in january! Is that working?
Well, maybe max 30degrees but not 80-90!?
Old Jan 12, 2011, 02:26 PM
Czech Republic, Olomouc
Joined Sep 2010
572 Posts
Hi Phil, I also train with jets in the simulator. I train with F15, F16 and I think also F18 or mig15 and others. It is really difficult to land for me but I am getting better and better every day by training. I wonder how your led lights look on the diamond. I am going to add low voltage indicator, led lights with sound alarm into the diamond for possible monitoring of battery state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRFASTPHIL View Post
Hi BG, Happy New Year to You Also,...yes, a great new price, about a hundred dollars less for the exact same Diamond with battery n radio. i have bought several planes from NP, and i am very happy with this vendor. i have lights on my Diamond for flying at dusk, and have been busy flying my EDF jets, including a new F-18 Hornet and twin B-25, which i am flying in our club fly-in tomorrow, yes it's on a thursday!
Old Jan 12, 2011, 02:38 PM
gravity tester
LaPine,OR Quarztsite AZ
Joined Nov 2008
708 Posts
Hi Pavn and BG, yes the B-25 (and the other aircraft) are electric powered with electric servoless retracts, this is an outstanding airplane. i am using what i would describe as a very thin (paper-like) strip of lights, easily 10x brighter than any LED's i have seen on RC planes, voltage range of 3.7-12V, they can be plugged in directly to your RX'er or seperate battery. i have blue, red, and green strips,...and about $12 a light strip....i will take some fotos soon