SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 30, 2009, 05:41 AM
east liverpool, oh
Joined Mar 2008
11 Posts
Discussion
diamond 2500 from art tech

has anyone flown or own one. it is a epp foam glider with about a 96" wingspan, it looks very nice.
emory wright is offline Find More Posts by emory wright
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 30, 2009, 09:34 AM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
Joined Jun 2002
7,151 Posts
Links are welcome......
JimNM is offline Find More Posts by JimNM
Old Dec 23, 2009, 02:57 PM
Joined Dec 2009
60 Posts
http://www.bananahobby.com/1985.html
Cr_Conrado is offline Find More Posts by Cr_Conrado
Old Feb 12, 2010, 11:50 PM
Joined Mar 2007
66 Posts
Banana Hobby Diamond 2500 Electric Glider

This full house powered glider sure looks nice. I've been eyeing this plane as it looks comparable to the Multiplex Cularis, without the cost. I'm waiting for a few reviews to pop up before I commit to purchase.
Aientonni is online now Find More Posts by Aientonni
Old Mar 23, 2010, 05:56 PM
santa clarita ca
Joined Jul 2000
893 Posts
That makes two of us!
new2heli is offline Find More Posts by new2heli
Old Mar 24, 2010, 07:43 PM
Joined May 2009
80 Posts
I currently have one on order from BH, and IF and when I get it will report my findings.
wa6rxm is offline Find More Posts by wa6rxm
Old Mar 25, 2010, 05:17 PM
Joined Mar 2007
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa6rxm View Post
I currently have one on order from BH, and IF and when I get it will report my findings.
I know Banana Hobby has them in stock but which company is "IF"? Have you ordered from BH before. I've read some posts that they are not too reliable.
Aientonni is online now Find More Posts by Aientonni
Old Mar 25, 2010, 05:24 PM
Joined May 2009
80 Posts
Yes, I did have a bad experience with them, but they SEEM to have improved things a little there... as I said I will see how soon and IF I even get that Glider!
Old Mar 25, 2010, 07:23 PM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
I have never heard anything positive about bananahobby or the virtually unknown models they sell..

I can't understand how they stay in business..
..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W
Old Mar 26, 2010, 11:49 AM
Joined May 2009
80 Posts
Well, they sell a lot of cheap Chinese kits, but every once in a while a "diamond" in the rough appears there. I am hoping that the DA 2500 turns out to be one of those.

I have had Graupneur spoilers for my Radian on "back order" for MONTHS now to add to my Radian. I have a area to fly in which allows me to take off OK but I really need to control the landings because of the small size of the area.

The combo of flaps with down elevator should allow me to do this.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 01:21 PM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
Backorder where? They appear to be in stock at Hobby Lobby..
..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W
Old Mar 26, 2010, 01:26 PM
Joined May 2009
80 Posts
AFTER you sign up to buy a set, you go on "back order" until mid-April...

Oh, by the way, I just received a notice of shipment from BH, so should be getting the other glider in a few days. UPS Ground from LA to here is pretty fast. Anticipated delivery is for Monday the 29th.
Last edited by wa6rxm; Mar 26, 2010 at 03:15 PM.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 05:21 PM
Joined May 2009
80 Posts
Got the Diamond 2500 today - three day shipment from BH UPS. No damage in transit. Just in the process of opening it up now. The wing stiffener is an aluminium rod. Looks nice. Assembly, per the instruction book, looks to be minimal. The flap deflection and speed of deployment appears to be adjustable with a separate control - nice feature. More to come...
Last edited by wa6rxm; Mar 29, 2010 at 06:32 PM.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 09:04 AM
USA, CA, Shasta Lake
Joined Mar 2005
359 Posts
Any pics???
bosco49 is offline Find More Posts by bosco49
Old Mar 30, 2010, 05:16 PM
Gasbags & Gussets
Riverside, Ca
Joined Feb 2009
1,193 Posts
It flys well....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aientonni View Post
This full house powered glider sure looks nice. I've been eyeing this plane as it looks comparable to the Multiplex Cularis, without the cost. I'm waiting for a few reviews to pop up before I commit to purchase.
This weekend a fellow brought out a e-powered version and i was impressed with the looks, material, and flying characteristics. The foam seems to be firmer than the Multiplex type ( i am assuming it is the semi-flexible type and not rigid type) and the model itself is quite large. The finish on the foam is sort of semi-gloss coat and the paint 'splats' were attractive.

It looks more like a scale plane than a uber T&D moldie. There are two 1/4" type pins that enter from the top of the fuse, at the wing, to secure the wing halves.

The model was set up for A/R/E/F/Throttle and 2 servos per wing panel.

It accelerated from hand launch with authority on a medium size motor (don't know the KW's) and folding propeller with a large 3s battery. It didn't glide slowly like an OlyII but would be quite comfortable for anyone who has flown a RES ship for awhile. The flaps worked as one would need and the coolest part - aside from the looks - was the wheel to land on. That is a fuse saver !!

If you bought one i think you will like it. His flew as is without Tx/Rx for a bit under 300.00. Not a bad price for all that you get in a large e-power semi-scale ship.

john s.

PS - edit- Regarding the BH pics, the model looks exactly like the BH link above so no surprise. The fuse is larger than we are all used to having so that is nice. The owner said he just got his last week so i guess they are shipping - for "real"
jswain is online now Find More Posts by jswain
Last edited by jswain; Mar 30, 2010 at 05:29 PM.