SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 25, 2010, 07:45 AM
CV-15 VB-16
USA, TX, Friendswood
Joined Jul 2007
1,371 Posts
Thanks Eagle34,

I'm gonna check my local Electronic Parts Outlet now that I realize those are just a basic connector and not specific to the R/C LiPo industry.

I really like the idea that you get both ends with the HK ones. And as always their price is awesome.

Pavcon,

Good deal on the ESC. I'm still waiting for the 10g motors b4 placing an order.
giuseppi is offline Find More Posts by giuseppi
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2010, 09:36 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Pass Christian, MS
Joined Jan 2010
2,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by giuseppi View Post
Thanks Eagle34,

I'm gonna check my local Electronic Parts Outlet now that I realize those are just a basic connector and not specific to the R/C LiPo industry.

I really like the idea that you get both ends with the HK ones. And as always their price is awesome.
I think they are actually called JST-XH connectors, kinda hard to find. I've also seen them refered to as Mollex connectors. That name is generic though, as Mollex is the company and they make multitudes of electronic connectors, especially for computers and such.

If you find them just remember to get one more pin than the number of cells you are building ie. a three pin connector is for 2 cells, a four pin is for 3 cells. If you find them somewhere else let us know.

BTW my in-laws live just up the road from you a piece, in the Woodlands. Very nice area.
Eagle34 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle34
Last edited by Eagle34; Jun 25, 2010 at 09:50 AM. Reason: correction
Old Jun 25, 2010, 09:44 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Pass Christian, MS
Joined Jan 2010
2,366 Posts
Technically I misspoke for the battery side it would be sockets. Battery side is a male connector with sockets, charger side is a female connector with pins.

Didn't want to confuse anybody.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 10:45 AM
CV-15 VB-16
USA, TX, Friendswood
Joined Jul 2007
1,371 Posts
Didn't want to confuse anybody.

No worries. If I get the HK ones they have both ends. After that it'd be pretty ez to figure which one to connect to the cell balancer ( Equinox )

It seems like your packs work all right without 'em. May be overkill. Anyway, that aside all of my packs have balance connectors and I always balance when charging. Whether or not it's necessary is hard to say.

As for your in-laws being just up the road a piece. Yeah, only about 70 miles just up the road.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 11:22 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Pass Christian, MS
Joined Jan 2010
2,366 Posts
Jeez I didn't realize it was that far up the road.

I did find the balance taps at Digikey $4.73 for 100. You would still need the sockets for them, on the same page at the bottom. $2.79 for 100. Not bad.

I like using balance charging myself just for the saftey factor.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 12:54 PM
Klutzsquatch
Columbus, Ohio
Joined Oct 2006
390 Posts
Dwe p-38

Anyone interested in a DWE P-38 NIBish. I have one in original box that previous owner had installed motors in the engine nacelles. Motors look to be GWS 20 series like. Props included, but no other gear.

$30.00 plus shipping, insurance and tracking CONUS. If interested please reply with zip code for shiping calculation. Paypal preferred payment method.
mgroves is offline Find More Posts by mgroves
Old Jun 25, 2010, 01:27 PM
CV-15 VB-16
USA, TX, Friendswood
Joined Jul 2007
1,371 Posts
Dwe p-38

Got pictures?
Old Jun 25, 2010, 01:47 PM
Klutzsquatch
Columbus, Ohio
Joined Oct 2006
390 Posts
See the thread below

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...light=dwe+p+38

One shown is decorated one but this thing is all white foam.
mgroves is offline Find More Posts by mgroves
Old Jun 25, 2010, 01:58 PM
CV-15 VB-16
USA, TX, Friendswood
Joined Jul 2007
1,371 Posts
Don't know what I'm thinkin', anyway...already got enough on my plate as it is.

Still, I wouldn't mind havin' it.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 10:49 AM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Quote:
It seems you forgot this thread.. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1103757
modfly is offline Find More Posts by modfly
Old Jun 26, 2010, 11:44 AM
CV-15 VB-16
USA, TX, Friendswood
Joined Jul 2007
1,371 Posts
It seems you forgot this thread..

No I didn't. I didn't know it existed. I was lead to believe in one of the other threads, the Parkzone brick didn't have enough torque for the control surfaces.

Guess I'll check it out.

Thanks, MF.

G
Old Jun 26, 2010, 01:34 PM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Quote:
No I didn't. I didn't know it existed. I was lead to believe in one of the other threads, the Parkzone brick didn't have enough torque for the control surfaces.

Guess I'll check it out.

Thanks, MF.

G
Well, I don't know where that idea came from but I figure its an assumption. The AR6400 is the only way to go in these planes as its the best setup thats available when you consider weight, reliability and cost.

I recently went to a GWS prop with a rubber spinner on my P-47 and its a winner. The Phase 3 2mm adapter and prop has balance issues. I will post pics here in a bit.
modfly is offline Find More Posts by modfly
Old Jun 26, 2010, 02:59 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by modfly View Post
Well, I don't know where that idea came from but I figure its an assumption. The AR6400 is the only way to go in these planes as its the best setup thats available when you consider weight, reliability and cost.

I recently went to a GWS prop with a rubber spinner on my P-47 and its a winner. The Phase 3 2mm adapter and prop has balance issues. I will post pics here in a bit.
this http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=12586 and this http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11972 is also a way to go
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Jun 26, 2010, 03:24 PM
CV-15 VB-16
USA, TX, Friendswood
Joined Jul 2007
1,371 Posts
Yeah, pavcon. Of course. There are numerous ways to go.

Modfly, IMHO $170.00 is a ridiculous amount of money to spend on a $15.99 kit. But that's just my 2 worth.

While I am open to ideas as to how things can be accomplished I am equally opposed to the notion there is but one way to go.

Heck, I waited 'til a month ago to get the PZ Su-26. They finally had it at a price I considered reasonable. I paid $62.99- on sale from $69.99 and the shipping was free for Father's Day.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 03:30 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
$170 ? ? ?

The guy said something about the AR6400.. so I opposed a different option of a receiver.
anw.. Ive seen what an FM radio can do ( lost signal once, I ve seen TERRIBLE GLITCHES that caused me the crash of the wing dragon) so 2.4Ghz is sure the way to go.
I know the plane is cheap but it's not worth losing the amount of work you put in those planes for a cheap radio...
Where di you get the SU-26 from?
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon