HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 19, 2010, 10:25 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Pass Christian, MS
Joined Jan 2010
2,366 Posts
Nice work Slaanesh. Thought about that myself. Others have used the GWS spinners (the push on ones.)
Eagle34 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle34
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2010, 11:00 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Slaanesh thank you.. I ll be waiting for that photo
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Jun 19, 2010, 11:15 AM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Here's my flaperon set up from my AR6400 bricked Zero.

The Bellcrank is made from 2 $1.50 Sukhoi pieces and the torque rods and pushrods are Sukhoi also.

Inboard flaps would work better for flaps, but I found I can have the flaperons go up, reducing the camber and the plane balloons a lot less at speed.

I could probably make a TX mix so that camber goes up & down with throttle.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Jun 19, 2010, 11:35 AM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined May 2003
7,977 Posts
Well, I took my p47 to the field today, but elected not to fly it as I know its nose heavy and I have to address that first. I will first attempt moving the battery back and if that doesn't work or is not possible, I will removed the blue wonder and add the park 250, which will remove about 40 grams of weight from the nose.
taekwondo is offline Find More Posts by taekwondo
Old Jun 19, 2010, 12:00 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined May 2003
7,977 Posts
I am considering replacing the heavy motor, blue wonder, with a better park 250 much lighter (50 grams to 14 grams ) replacement, which may solve the nose heaviness easier than moving the battery which may be glued in place a sealed fuse. Also, it will improve the planes performance by lightening a full ounce. This now makes more sense to me that moving the battery.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 12:20 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taekwondo View Post
I am considering replacing the heavy motor, blue wonder, with a better park 250 much lighter (50 grams to 14 grams ) replacement, which may solve the nose heaviness easier than moving the battery which may be glued in place a sealed fuse. Also, it will improve the planes performance by lightening a full ounce. This now makes more sense to me that moving the battery.
Not having the motor hanging 2 inches off the front of plane will help with the nose heaviness.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 12:32 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Pass Christian, MS
Joined Jan 2010
2,366 Posts
Hey UNGN are those belcrank pieces seperate? Hard to tell, I mean I see its two pieces but with the attachment I would have thought it would act like one. So you can do flaps, now that is cool! Nice to have the option of using those super light linear servos.
Eagle34 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle34
Old Jun 19, 2010, 12:44 PM
CV-15 VB-16
USA, TX, Friendswood
Joined Jul 2007
1,378 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN View Post
Not having the motor hanging 2 inches off the front of plane will help with the nose heaviness.
IMHO it would also look a whole lot better
giuseppi is offline Find More Posts by giuseppi
Old Jun 19, 2010, 01:26 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined May 2003
7,977 Posts
Yes, I agree with everyone. I just hate sodering. Well, I think it makes the most sense to remove the blue wonder in favor of the park 250.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 02:30 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle34 View Post
Hey UNGN are those belcrank pieces seperate? Hard to tell, I mean I see its two pieces but with the attachment I would have thought it would act like one. So you can do flaps, now that is cool! Nice to have the option of using those super light linear servos.
I did a mini how-to here:

Easy Flaperons for Su-26
Old Jun 19, 2010, 02:37 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by giuseppi View Post
IMHO it would also look a whole lot better
I'm all about the looks, too. I was mad at myself for not taking the prop adapter into account on my zero and I put the firewall about .060" too far forward.

I'm going to be more careful on my next one.

The foam on these is so brittle I would worry about hanging a motor off the front unless the plane is made of carbon fiber and Fiberglass. The first hard landing and the motor will break the fwd fuse off.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 04:11 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined May 2003
7,977 Posts
Well, took off my motor (blue wonder - too big, & too heavy), soldered the connectors to the esc and new motor. Let's see how she balances out now.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 07:44 PM
Nashville TN.
Joined May 2010
113 Posts
What ESC is everyone using for just the stock setup? And wheres a good place to get it?
oldtoys1961 is offline Find More Posts by oldtoys1961
Old Jun 19, 2010, 07:50 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtoys1961 View Post
What ESC is everyone using for just the stock setup? And wheres a good place to get it?
A GWS 300li or a 7A pixie work good for around $15 shipped. HK sells heavier ones for less than $5.

At 20A, the HK one would be good for a twin Mustang or Twin Me-109.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 01:57 AM
Nashville TN.
Joined May 2010
113 Posts
Thanks.Went ahead and ordered a GWS 300li.
oldtoys1961 is offline Find More Posts by oldtoys1961