Old Apr 23, 2010, 09:26 PM
Vertical Wake
visalia ca
Joined Dec 2002
735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX208 View Post
Splatman,

Your mods for the C-130 worked great! I applied them when I could not get more than 3 minutes out of the stock battery. Now with a 1200mah lipo instead, flight time is not an issue.

The only two changes I made to your mod was with regards to the tray and the latch mechanism. For the tray, I just used some really thin ply glued to the 1/4 inch square "support rods". Will take a number of photos to post later.

I found that a magnet at the rear with a hex nut was more than enough to keep the hatch in place, so I didn't use the balsa at the front of the hatch. A simple tie wrap embeded in the hatch acts as a pull for easy removal.

Combine all that, with a Lazertoyz.com light kit and she looks very authentic, with engines roaring away!
That's great! My C-130 is one of my favorites and is still in one piece. I still haven't run out the battery (1300 mah) on one flight.
splatman is offline Find More Posts by splatman
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 25, 2010, 01:47 PM
United States, IA, Greenfield
Joined Apr 2010
582 Posts
well just got my P51 to build I jsut completed the tail section I am just waiting on my electronics to get here so I can do some soldering and then finish her.
Lilbanks96 is offline Find More Posts by Lilbanks96
Old Apr 25, 2010, 03:47 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2010
117 Posts
I hopw you like your P51. What setup will you be using?
pilotpie4 is offline Find More Posts by pilotpie4
Old Apr 25, 2010, 04:31 PM
Joined Apr 2010
582 Posts
Yeah I am sure I will love it. The set up is the stock motor 3.4 gram servos (rud,ele), 450 mah lipo and 10 gram esc. and my dx5e
Old Apr 26, 2010, 03:23 PM
's-Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands
Joined Apr 2006
1,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by splatman View Post
Robert,

I've been having a blast with these things! Bless Gravity for bringing them back! Inexpensive, lots of bashing potential and they fly great! The mustang and Fw-190 (tropical) are next, so I promise the switch to ailerons!

The decals are homemade, right from the sticky decal thread in the scale forum.

The paneling is just a ball point pen and a flex ruler, over-sprayed with the paint to "soften" them up.
Hi Splatman,

I did some research on the FW190 in tropical outfit. I didn't find much out there. Photo's seem very difficult to find so far. I did find out that not all FW190 did have the tropical filters installed when serving in the desert/meditaranian area. Then there are two confirmed paintschemes. The one with sand on top and blue on the bottom and one with sand and olive green on top and blue or grey on the bottom. If you have some nice pictures, please share them.

Robert
Rotatorus is offline Find More Posts by Rotatorus
Old Apr 26, 2010, 03:39 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2010
117 Posts
Good news guys! I am almost done with the P38 prototype! Hopefully will get to test fly it tomorrow morning!
pilotpie4 is offline Find More Posts by pilotpie4
Old Apr 26, 2010, 03:55 PM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotpie4 View Post
Good news guys! I am almost done with the P38 prototype! Hopefully will get to test fly it tomorrow morning!
Got any pics to share?
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Old Apr 26, 2010, 04:38 PM
Joined Apr 2006
1,419 Posts
Yes! Please show us some teaser pictures .

Robert
Old Apr 26, 2010, 04:57 PM
Joined Apr 2010
582 Posts
I second joe and rotatorus request
Old Apr 26, 2010, 05:54 PM
Vertical Wake
visalia ca
Joined Dec 2002
735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotatorus View Post
Hi Splatman,

I did some research on the FW190 in tropical outfit. I didn't find much out there. Photo's seem very difficult to find so far. I did find out that not all FW190 did have the tropical filters installed when serving in the desert/meditaranian area. Then there are two confirmed paintschemes. The one with sand on top and blue on the bottom and one with sand and olive green on top and blue or grey on the bottom. If you have some nice pictures, please share them.

Robert
hey Robert,

yes, the one on the top 3rd from the left is what I was thinking of. Thanks so much for some great research!
splatman is offline Find More Posts by splatman
Old Apr 27, 2010, 12:53 AM
Joined Apr 2006
1,419 Posts
Hi splatman,

I'll probably go for the black 10 version. Like the picture shows, the modeller of the plastic model got things wrong. The hooked cross on the tail was in fact painted all over and was therefore not visible. Also no visible tropical filters were installed.

Looking forward to your build(s). Share some pictures of your work in progress. It'll show us your techniques. Did you start on the mustang or the FW190 already?

The spitfire is still waiting on a paintjob but since I've been redecorating the house I did not find time yet. I did make a nice place to store my finished cox/gravity warbirds. When I get my camera back I'll show you a picture.

Robert
Old Apr 27, 2010, 04:23 PM
Joined Apr 2004
1,354 Posts
Joe 1320,

I am following your P-40 Atomic build blog for my Gravity Version. Questions for you:

On yours, since you filled in the stock charge and switch holes, how do you switch / plug in your lipo? Didn't see anything posted on that, but maybe I missed it.

Second, I brush applied epoxy to one half of the fuse inside as you did, but have not done it yet to the other, because the Gravity version has extra foam to position to battery. Was thinking of cutting this extra foam out and then applying the epoxy, but wondered if thats what you did on yours......
RacerX208 is offline Find More Posts by RacerX208
Old Apr 28, 2010, 09:34 AM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined May 2003
7,977 Posts
Have to join this thread.
taekwondo is offline Find More Posts by taekwondo
Old Apr 28, 2010, 11:41 AM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined May 2003
7,977 Posts
I just ordered two, the P47 & Spit. Anything special to know? I haven't read all this thread yet. What I understand so far is these planes fly well stock, I'll need approx. a 400 mah lipo 2 cell? And I'll need some 3gram servos? Plus receiver obviously.
taekwondo is offline Find More Posts by taekwondo
Old Apr 28, 2010, 11:45 AM
Flash, AAAAAAAAAAAHhhhhhhhhh
United States, UT, West Jordan
Joined Dec 2008
2,531 Posts
ya 3 g servos would work. i think with the p-47 people were saying you really want ailerons cause it has a small rudder.
flashkick is offline Find More Posts by flashkick