HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 23, 2009, 07:25 PM
Registered User
Northeast Illinois
Joined Dec 2007
149 Posts
Website update:

Currently the website will function for US residents only.
[]TEX[] is offline Find More Posts by []TEX[]
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2009, 07:26 PM
I Can Fly An FP Inverted!
Hal_The_Hacker's Avatar
Teddington, Middlesex, UK
Joined Jun 2008
1,536 Posts
how ridiculous

any idea when (if) it will be avaliable to those outside the US?
Hal_The_Hacker is offline Find More Posts by Hal_The_Hacker
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2009, 07:28 PM
Registered User
Northeast Illinois
Joined Dec 2007
149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal_The_Hacker View Post
how ridiculous

any idea when (if) it will be avaliable to those outside the US?
Sorry for that inconvenience, I have no control over that.

As for a date, there isn't one.
[]TEX[] is offline Find More Posts by []TEX[]
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2009, 10:00 PM
Registered User
United States, TN, Blountville
Joined Oct 2002
3,643 Posts
For those outside the US it is time to get your buddies who live in the US to serve as middle men. The cost will be higher as a result of two shipping fees but, you have to pay for the desire to have it immediately.
Guess you could talk your local hobby shop to order for you if they could work out a deal with gravity hobbies directly.
RAFster is offline Find More Posts by RAFster
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2009, 11:15 PM
Power Wheels Guru
UNGN's Avatar
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Tex,

When will spare parts, like tail surfaces and wings be available?
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2009, 04:40 AM
Registered User
Merkava's Avatar
Joined Jan 2008
679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by []TEX[] View Post
Website update:

Currently the website will function for US residents only.
Lame, talk about a backwards step, must be why they don't respond to emails either (I sent one about a week ago).

Oh well, less sales for them. Shipping is shipping, doesn't matter if it's local, within a state, state to state or international. Pretty sad for a business really.

World Wide Web.... hehehe!
Merkava is offline Find More Posts by Merkava
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2009, 07:52 AM
Registered User
Northeast Illinois
Joined Dec 2007
149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN View Post
Tex,

When will spare parts, like tail surfaces and wings be available?
Since the kits are priced so low, there are no plans for spare parts right now for the warbirds.
[]TEX[] is offline Find More Posts by []TEX[]
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2009, 07:54 AM
Registered User
Northeast Illinois
Joined Dec 2007
149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
Lame, talk about a backwards step, must be why they don't respond to emails either (I sent one about a week ago).

Oh well, less sales for them. Shipping is shipping, doesn't matter if it's local, within a state, state to state or international. Pretty sad for a business really.

World Wide Web.... hehehe!
There's more than one guy running the show here and this issue has been brought up several times.

I, along with a few others, are working on fixing this.
[]TEX[] is offline Find More Posts by []TEX[]
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2009, 08:05 AM
Registered User
Northeast Illinois
Joined Dec 2007
149 Posts
P-38 Lightning

I have started discussions for P-38 production, since it is a Lockheed product there is a bit of red tape. We are working on it.
[]TEX[] is offline Find More Posts by []TEX[]
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2009, 08:06 AM
Registered User
Joe 1320's Avatar
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by []TEX[] View Post
P-38 Lightning

I have started discussions for P-38 production, since it is a Lockheed product there is a bit of red tape. We are working on it.
Fantastic!
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2009, 02:24 PM
Registered User
Northeast Illinois
Joined Dec 2007
149 Posts
P-38 status update

After some more discussion today.

P-38, the 3D files are at the factory and it is on the list to manufacture.

Licensing is our next step ATM.
[]TEX[] is offline Find More Posts by []TEX[]
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2009, 07:32 AM
Registered User
Joe 1320's Avatar
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,488 Posts
Strange..... I sent a few PMs, one regarding local pickup. i figured since the warehouse was here in Florida and I travel a bit, I could save on shipping. I get a response from TEX.......

"I am not in Fla and I doubt they will allow wrhs pick up.

Everything is in China ATM."


I thought you said these were manufactered here in the states and not china?


Since I got shut out from Cox's end demise, I've attempted to forge some sort of communication as I'm excited about these coming back, but I get the feeling of being brushed off. Sad, considering how far these birds have come in the hands of those who aren't the maker. Now we see the start of shills that are spamming this site with ads for Gravity Hobby.

Please say it isn't so............
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2009, 08:16 AM
Registered User
Merkava's Avatar
Joined Jan 2008
679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe 1320 View Post
Strange..... I sent a few PMs, one regarding local pickup. i figured since the warehouse was here in Florida and I travel a bit, I could save on shipping. I get a response from TEX.......

"I am not in Fla and I doubt they will allow wrhs pick up.

Everything is in China ATM."


I thought you said these were manufactered here in the states and not china?


Since I got shut out from Cox's end demise, I've attempted to forge some sort of communication as I'm excited about these coming back, but I get the feeling of being brushed off. Sad, considering how far these birds have come in the hands of those who aren't the maker. Now we see the start of shills that are spamming this site with ads for Gravity Hobby.

Edit point...

Joe 1320, I only came across your conversion post's, thread, blog, whatever on here the other day, nice stuff. Hopefully, you'll get some sort of answer from these fella's.

Please say it isn't so............
So what do we have here, I thought the original gravity hobby website mentioned, or was usa based. Are we perhaps looking at a 'front' or 'face' so they can say they are a USA based business??

I personally couldn't care where they are, but if they begin spamming the boards with post(s) like someone else has mentioned in the Cox Micro Warbird II thread, then they aren't going to win any friends round these parts me-thinks.

Maybe, TEX or someone should just post what the real deal is, honesty will gain them more friends on these boards than 'bullsh*ting' everyone.

They blatent advertising threads and post's should stop though. It stinks of the random spammer's that come in here (rcgroups) from time to time post crap rapidly then get banned, if these guy(s) / company are legit they don't need this kind of perception following them around on here.

Edit Point...

Joe 1320, I only came across your various posts and threads etc on your conversions a week or so ago, nice stuff. Hopefully, these guy's will respond in the positive to your request(s) soon enough.
Merkava is offline Find More Posts by Merkava
Last edited by Merkava; Nov 25, 2009 at 08:22 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2009, 10:08 AM
Registered User
Joe 1320's Avatar
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,488 Posts
So.... here's an interesting post:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...61&postcount=1


Just great, here we were led to believe that this was a US company.



http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1896

Does the above post allude to the basement being in China or the USA?


If I place an order on your website, being that the warehouse is in Miami..... how long will it take before I get my order considering I am 2.5 hours away?

I really want to be able to believe in you guys...........
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Last edited by Joe 1320; Nov 25, 2009 at 10:17 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2009, 10:18 AM
Registered User
United States, TN, Blountville
Joined Oct 2002
3,643 Posts
That was provided by post 1896 in the Cox Micro Warbird thread (now closed) where Tex said it was like having the injection molding equip in your basement...they did it all. And since he is in Illinois, according to his location...

US company that owns a china manufacturer? or vise versa...

Glad the micro warbirds will be back...

David
RAFster is offline Find More Posts by RAFster
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Banana Hobby A-10 Center of Gravity aileronjack The Builders Workshop 1 Nov 03, 2009 03:00 PM
Sold Three cox micro-warbirds plus futaba radio for sale burkefj Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 8 Oct 28, 2009 01:32 PM
For Sale Cox Micro warbirds for sale skyforcecapt Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Oct 11, 2009 11:19 AM
For Sale Cox Micro Warbirds for sale skyforcecapt Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Oct 11, 2009 11:18 AM