SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 26, 2011, 12:40 AM
Oakhurst, CA
Joined May 2006
355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by giuseppi View Post
Happy to be of service.

What's funny is last week I bought a Spitfire and an ME-109 from GH. Now the ME-109's $10.00 w/ brushless from HK. Of course it was still way cheaper from GH and I've got some 1811s looking for a home.

Mostly I decided to buy them b-4 they were no longer available for the $12.99 price.

This'll make it a P-47, a Zero, an Fw-190, a Spitfire and an ME-109 still NIB along with the P-40 that's built. I wonder if I should seek help from those people who do that TV show on hoarders.

When you get the ME-109, Ronald, post some pictures of the inside before you start assembly. They also come with landing gear according to HK. I'd like to see some pics of all the pieces other than those from HK. If you don't mind, that is?

g
Will do. I too need help! 1 P51, 3 Spitfires, 1 P-40, 2 Zeros, 1 BF109, and now the HK 109, all NIB. And I'm just a beginner. I haven't flown in 30 years and that was a trainer. I have a very little time to build and even less to fly. I currently have a SkySurfer to use as a trainer. I'm currently converting a Gravity Flight Academy C-17E to brushless 3ch. I think I need help more than you!!!
ronaldf is offline Find More Posts by ronaldf
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 29, 2011, 09:51 AM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,019 Posts
Got my FW-190 done...4.92 ounces ready to fly!!!...450 mAh lipo...Painted the bottom of the wing tips yellow and flat clear coated the entire plane...Looking forward to the maiden in the next day or two..

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Apr 29, 2011, 09:59 AM
CV-15 VB-16
USA, TX, Friendswood
Joined Jul 2007
1,378 Posts
Nice little bird, Kevin. Good luck with the maiden.

g
giuseppi is offline Find More Posts by giuseppi
Old Apr 29, 2011, 10:01 AM
Klutzsquatch
Columbus, Ohio
Joined Oct 2006
392 Posts
Props...

I have a few Micro Warbird stock props forsale. Selling as a lot for $10.00 shipped CONUS.

(2) new mustang props
(2) P-40 props...(1) new, (1) slightly used with paint touched up on spinner
(2) P-40 props NIB

All from the original COX Micro Warbirds

If interested please reply via PM. Paypal preferred method of payment.

Regards,

Mark
mgroves is online now Find More Posts by mgroves
Old Apr 29, 2011, 11:35 AM
Grand Blanc, MI
Joined Jan 2007
466 Posts
Good luck with the maiden flight. Nice paint job.
will3kgt is offline Find More Posts by will3kgt
Old Apr 29, 2011, 12:30 PM
Jack
United States, FL, Hudson
Joined Feb 2010
389 Posts
Kevin Greene:

Good Luck on the maiden. Good job on the build.

Jack
pjdog is offline Find More Posts by pjdog
Old May 06, 2011, 11:39 AM
's-Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands
Joined Apr 2006
1,419 Posts
Micro FPV in a COX/Gravity warbird?

Hi all,

I've been away from this thread for a while. Lately my attention has been drawn to FPV flying. Now I feel the urge to make a small scale FPV warbird. Others have done great things with the parkzone ultra micro Trojan and the new mosquito. With similar electronics I'll give it a try with a COX/Gravity P-47.

I probably will focus on keeping things light and controlable. I don't plan for much bashing. Currently I have the 1 g camera and the small 200MW transmitter waiting to be connected. I am however still missing the other components for inside the plane. An order has been placed this morning. I hope HK will ship soon.

I'll keep you posted as I make progress.

Robert

Kevin, how did the maiden go?
Rotatorus is offline Find More Posts by Rotatorus
Old May 06, 2011, 08:00 PM
Grand Blanc, MI
Joined Jan 2007
466 Posts
Can't wait to see that FPV on your P-47. I took mine out a few times this week and the one-sided ailoron mod works great. (I might need to add in rudder-ailoron mix for right turns. I have 45mins. flight time on this warbird so far.
Old May 07, 2011, 02:28 AM
Joined Apr 2006
1,419 Posts
Hi will3kgt,

I'm thinking of placing the cam inside the canopy. The view that way will come from further back. The prop that will take less of the viewable area. Isue will be that the ground will be not very visible. Other option is making a little pod for the camera and placing that slightly raised between the canopy and the rudder of placing a pod on top of the rudder. A nice effect will be that the plane will become visible while in the air. I don't know about te effect of possible vibrations when it is placed so far up...

Controls will be aileron elevator. I might also build in rudder if only to use to move the view from left to right and back. Power will come from a small outrunner I have around, the turnigy c1606-3000.

Main things of concern are the placement of the gear so I have the least interference, Proper cooling for the transmitter and the camera, placement of CG and effect on flight performance of the external additions.

It's good to hear you're enjoying your plane. Mine will have an aileron at both wings.

Robert

PS. Order with necesairy gear has yet to be shipped from HK.
Old May 07, 2011, 01:20 PM
Grand Blanc, MI
Joined Jan 2007
466 Posts
I can't wait to see footage of that. Great to hear from you again. I have to make a vid of my P-47
soon.
Old May 08, 2011, 03:27 AM
Joined Apr 2006
1,419 Posts
Went out flying yesterday with the F4U corsair (the one with clipped wings and UK paintscheme). It was sunny and very windy. Though the plane held up pretty well in the air (more than enough power) it was thrown about quite a bit. Upon landing I didn't have enough juice left to do a emergency pull out. I "floated" towards the earth and she was stalled and pushed up by a wind gust. When she fell to the ground I broke one wing. That wing had been "broken" before so it was a weak spot.

Just finished the repairs. Three carbon rods and some 5 minutes epoxy should do the job. I also broke my prop. That will be a bigger issue because I misplaced my hobby stuff when I moved into my new appartment. My LHS doesn't carry it anymore so I'll need a new source...

I'd like to see that P-47 flying. I did make some video yesterday but besides that it looks very silly to be in the field with a camera on top of your head, It doesn't allow you to see where you're aiming. Half of the time you're aiming to high up or to low. Zooming out could be an option if only you'd known you were zoomed in to much... Also my camera has an issue focussing. It goes in and out of zoom if you do not aim it very good on the topic to be filmed... We'll give it another try next time.

Robert
Last edited by Rotatorus; May 08, 2011 at 03:53 AM.
Old May 08, 2011, 05:45 AM
Joined Apr 2006
1,419 Posts
P-47 fpv

To give some more insight to what I'm up to I have taken some pictures. The FPV gear is really small. The one gram camera needs to be mounted somewhere so I made an aluminium casing/mounting container. The transmitter will be incorporated in the fuse. I'll make some alu cooling things to make sure the transmitter can release it's heat. The front of the plane is one open structure anyway. I'll post pictures of that when I make it.

The piece of paper is the expected view from the camera. I'm still thinking things over so I might decide different in the future..

Robert
Old May 08, 2011, 08:08 AM
Row 0, Seat A
Savannah, GA
Joined Jan 2008
2,711 Posts
Masterful work as usual Robert! We now see the secret to your kit bashing. Nice hammer!

I boggles my mind to see a video camera weighing only 1gm and the tiny size of the processor/transmitter! Looking forward to seeing the results of your finished project.

Ted
G550Ted is online now Find More Posts by G550Ted
Old May 08, 2011, 09:54 AM
Joined Apr 2006
1,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G550Ted View Post
We now see the secret to your kit bashing. Nice hammer!
Hi Ted,

Sometimes you need to "persuade" your plane into something else. .

I also was amazed by the small size of the gear. I hope it will perform as I saw with others. I can imagine that we have far more sources for interference here as in the outback of Australia so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Robert
Old May 08, 2011, 08:47 PM
Grand Blanc, MI
Joined Jan 2007
466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotatorus View Post
Went out flying yesterday with the F4U corsair (the one with clipped wings and UK paintscheme). It was sunny and very windy. Though the plane held up pretty well in the air (more than enough power) it was thrown about quite a bit. Upon landing I didn't have enough juice left to do a emergency pull out. I "floated" towards the earth and she was stalled and pushed up by a wind gust. When she fell to the ground I broke one wing. That wing had been "broken" before so it was a weak spot.

Just finished the repairs. Three carbon rods and some 5 minutes epoxy should do the job. I also broke my prop. That will be a bigger issue because I misplaced my hobby stuff when I moved into my new appartment. My LHS doesn't carry it anymore so I'll need a new source...

I'd like to see that P-47 flying. I did make some video yesterday but besides that it looks very silly to be in the field with a camera on top of your head, It doesn't allow you to see where you're aiming. Half of the time you're aiming to high up or to low. Zooming out could be an option if only you'd known you were zoomed in to much... Also my camera has an issue focussing. It goes in and out of zoom if you do not aim it very good on the topic to be filmed... We'll give it another try next time.

Robert
My Corsair fell out of the sky in mid flight because of the dreaded "creased wing." I thought it was okay, then next thing I know it looked like it got shot out of the sky. My friend (Hippo on RCG) couldn't control it and it fell to the ground.
Anyways, I flew my P-47 this evening..It didn't do too bad in 15mph winds but I had to cut the flight short as the winds picked up.