SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 20, 2009, 04:28 PM
Northeast Illinois
Joined Dec 2007
149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN View Post
I thought about doing this, but Ailerons in the wings mess with the rear mount and I didn't want to cut both off, since they do a good job of centering the wing.
Ya, I don't think my design is aileron friendly. With this design it balances out perfectly.

Seems like the only way to put the battery over the wings is to have the servos over the wing as well. That is just not possible with the thinner fuse models.
[]TEX[] is offline Find More Posts by []TEX[]
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 20, 2009, 05:00 PM
Rockford Illinois
Joined Jan 2008
2,327 Posts
maidened my spitfire today using a park 250, RET. The flight(s) were tremendous! I just added a flat carbon spar to the horizontal stab for more stability. With that secured, I think the plane should behave even more like a pussycat.
This is so much fun, I'm going to order up a couple more later tonight!
danrc is offline Find More Posts by danrc
Old Dec 20, 2009, 05:24 PM
So Cal FPV Aviator
USA, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Feb 2008
3,575 Posts
If u Guys aren't putting magnets between the fuse halves then how would u gt access to anything in there? I mean I see everyone just opening up their fuse halves, what is everyone keeping Them closed with?
EyeFlyPlanes is offline Find More Posts by EyeFlyPlanes
Old Dec 20, 2009, 06:25 PM
Northeast Illinois
Joined Dec 2007
149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeFlyPlanes View Post
If u Guys aren't putting magnets between the fuse halves then how would u gt access to anything in there? I mean I see everyone just opening up their fuse halves, what is everyone keeping Them closed with?
You are seeing before assembly pictures. We all glue them together so you need to be absolute during the assembly process.
Old Dec 20, 2009, 07:02 PM
So Cal FPV Aviator
USA, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Feb 2008
3,575 Posts
Ok so are u guys cutting very large canopy hatches for access to everything in the fuse? Pics & ideas?
EyeFlyPlanes is offline Find More Posts by EyeFlyPlanes
Old Dec 20, 2009, 08:01 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeFlyPlanes View Post
The open side shots are before everything is glued together to show the internal component layout.

If you run Carbon fiber strips down the side of the plane you can practically cut the whole top of the plane off behind the firewall and maintain fuselage rigidity.

The only drawback I've seen with CF is that it translates motor/prop vibrations back to the tail surfaces at full throttle so they can sing at full throttle, where the all foam fuselage would damp those out.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Dec 20, 2009, 10:47 PM
Michigan
Joined Nov 2006
2,712 Posts
I've got a NIB P-47 T-Bolt RTF.
I'm thinking of parting w/it. Does anyone have interest?
skunkworks2006 is offline Find More Posts by skunkworks2006
Old Dec 20, 2009, 10:55 PM
Michigan
Joined Nov 2006
2,712 Posts
deleted
skunkworks2006 is offline Find More Posts by skunkworks2006
Old Dec 21, 2009, 09:12 AM
Gravity is a harsh mistress.
United States, MI, Temperance
Joined Sep 2002
6,556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skunkworks2006 View Post
I've got a NIB P-47 T-Bolt RTF.
I'm thinking of parting w/it. Does anyone have interest?
You should have a go at flying it. I have the RTF P-40. It does need to be flown fast, but it is very enjoyable in spaces as small as the dome in Colombus OH that the JR fest is held in.

It would probably bring more whole over parting it out.
Tim Wolff is online now Find More Posts by Tim Wolff
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 21, 2009, 02:13 PM
Vertical Wake
visalia ca
Joined Dec 2002
734 Posts
Thanks for the mod pics, Tex. Great solution!
splatman is offline Find More Posts by splatman
Old Dec 21, 2009, 02:35 PM
United States, GA, Snellville
Joined Nov 2005
852 Posts
Well guys,
I flew the c130 today despite winds of 11mph with 18mph gusts LOL

Plane hand launched full throttle nicely, after getting to speed i cut back throttle and cruised around. ( had to give full throttle into the wind though) Very cool looking in the air. Doesnt have the power to pull a very high incline, but banks and turns very nicely. even at half throttle it doesnt seem to lose altitude at all. seemed about a 3.5 min flight by my "guestimation". Very stable also.

Im debating on picking another up at this sale price, but I cant say I would be jumping on it for $40. As equipped with even cheap radio gear,thats knocking on a RTF parkzone planes door.
Id like to for sure add a 7.4v high capacity lipo to this plane cause if I could get a 10min flight out of this thing it would be sweet, I would say thats the biggest drawback to this plane, is the short flight time.

I'd say a small soccer or baseball field at a school yard or similar would be a ideal place to fly it, as it isnt very fast and stays in a reasonably small area.

My list of future mods are as follows:
1. LIPO pack ( 1000+mah at least I hope)
2. Wheels. why? cause I love doing touch and goes!
3. Try some modded GWS props for more thrust
4. 4 micro brushless outrunners motors If i get daring. Most likely not though lol.

Other than that, I think this is one the the coolest looking planes in the air, and If you want a relaxing flyer that just looks cool, this plane is it!
smasher41 is offline Find More Posts by smasher41
Old Dec 21, 2009, 05:36 PM
Northeast Illinois
Joined Dec 2007
149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smasher41 View Post
As equipped with even cheap radio gear,thats knocking on a RTF parkzone planes door.
Parkzone makes one?
Old Dec 21, 2009, 06:20 PM
United States, GA, Snellville
Joined Nov 2005
852 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by []TEX[] View Post
Parkzone makes one?
I ment for a general basic flying soccer field flyer. This plane rather has a niche market.
Dont get me wrong, I really like this plane, and for $30 I'll prob pick a few up for my brothers and my father, all who fly rc also. I just think that if they keep the product at sub $40 then it will sell 10:1 as the price point is just right.

Took it back out before dark since the wind calmed down a good bit. Love how easy this thing is to hand launch, just a gently toss and its perfectly level out of your hands. Also with little elevator it climbed to about 100feet in no time. I then cut to 1/3 throttle and cruised around slowly. actually got about a 5.5 min flight out of it this time.
EDIT: I managed mid flight to take my phone out and get a short video of it flying but was a bit much to handle both at the same time and keep it on the plane. I dont know how to upload a 3gp file either

TEX, are you Rob w/Gravity Hobby? If so did you get my emails of the pictures you asked for?
smasher41 is offline Find More Posts by smasher41
Last edited by smasher41; Dec 21, 2009 at 06:41 PM.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 07:21 PM
Northeast Illinois
Joined Dec 2007
149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smasher41 View Post

TEX, are you Rob w/Gravity Hobby? If so did you get my emails of the pictures you asked for?
I think Rob did.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 09:27 PM
Denham Springs, Louisiana
Joined Aug 2009
157 Posts
I love these little pleanes. I wasn't around during the Cox days, but these little birds are very cool.
I'm thinking of getting the Messerscmitt or the Zero.
Any suggestions on the Radio gear and power?
Flying Chicken is offline Find More Posts by Flying Chicken