HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 04, 2010, 01:17 PM
Joined Mar 2009
44 Posts
Maybe mentioned already and I missed it but, will the 10g motor fit into the nose of the p-51 or does it need to hang out in front?
Thanks
Mathrips is offline Find More Posts by Mathrips
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 04, 2010, 02:02 PM
One of the usual suspects
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Jun 2007
1,473 Posts
Fits Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathrips View Post
Maybe mentioned already and I missed it but, will the 10g motor fit into the nose of the p-51 or does it need to hang out in front?
Thanks

Vicarious is offline Find More Posts by Vicarious
Old Aug 04, 2010, 04:46 PM
Old, New Guy
USA, FL, Fort Walton Beach
Joined May 2010
211 Posts
I've been getting the blank page from Gravityhobby too.
Whats actually happening, at least for me, the page down loads is visible forabout a second, then goes to a blank page. I first noticed this at work. 96 Comm Sq. on Eglin AFB. The AF has a ton of website filters, and I thought the weird behaviour was becaus of that. Same thing happens to me at home. in Ft Walton Beach. Cox Cable is the provider.

On a side note MODFLY!! Would two of the stock cox motors be suitable for up grading an Estes BA Transport?? Circumstances have placed one(BA Trans) in my possession.
Tubo is offline Find More Posts by Tubo
Old Aug 04, 2010, 05:16 PM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubo View Post
I've been getting the blank page from Gravityhobby too.
Whats actually happening, at least for me, the page down loads is visible forabout a second, then goes to a blank page. I first noticed this at work. 96 Comm Sq. on Eglin AFB. The AF has a ton of website filters, and I thought the weird behaviour was becaus of that. Same thing happens to me at home. in Ft Walton Beach. Cox Cable is the provider.

On a side note MODFLY!! Would two of the stock cox motors be suitable for up grading an Estes BA Transport?? Circumstances have placed one(BA Trans) in my possession.
Yes, those motors would work fine in the Estes twin. Wire them in parallel. They would not really be an "upgrade" but rather a replacement for the stock motors.

Here is a video of the Estes BA transport with stock motors.

Blue Angels Tranport Overhauled (4 min 51 sec)
modfly is offline Find More Posts by modfly
Old Aug 04, 2010, 05:21 PM
CV-15 VB-16
USA, TX, Friendswood
Joined Jul 2007
1,378 Posts
Gravity Website

Hey, Tubo. I've been getting the same response as you for a couple'a days now. Didn't they recently chane their website? Maybe the problem is on their end?

Another nice vid, MF.

G
giuseppi is offline Find More Posts by giuseppi
Old Aug 04, 2010, 05:25 PM
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by giuseppi View Post
Hey, Tubo. I've been getting the same response as you for a couple'a days now. Didn't they recently chane their website? Maybe the problem is on their end?

Another nice vid, MF.

G
Thank you G Its an oldie and the cam that I used was a POS but it does show a good flying twin in strong wind.
Old Aug 04, 2010, 05:53 PM
Central Texas-Fredericksburg/Llano
Joined Oct 2003
297 Posts
For you guys having trouble with the website. Running Gateway laptop with Vista X64 using my "normal" browser, Firefox 3.6.8, Site comes up and seem to be able to navigate the site. Only a quick check.

Opened IE 7.0.6001.1800, 64 bit IE, which I never use and it displays the type of behavior you all are reporting. Site starts to load, get some graphics showing and then goes to a blank page.

May be a problem with older versions of IE or something on the website that is not handling it at this time.

Martin
Martin C Wendel is offline Find More Posts by Martin C Wendel
Old Aug 04, 2010, 07:04 PM
Old, New Guy
Joined May 2010
211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by modfly View Post
Yes, those motors would work fine in the Estes twin. Wire them in parallel. They would not really be an "upgrade" but rather a replacement for the stock motors.

Here is a video of the Estes BA transport with stock motors.
Yes Mod I've been over ALL your threads on the BA Transport, heck I even thought of offering it to you. For sentamental reasons I'm going to try & bash it lightly. Alreadt mounted HZ SC wheels to the mains.
PM me plz with a brushless SIZE of motor that would be approriate for it. Enough power to ROG easily & maybe loop from level flight.
I say SIZE because I'm not particularly looking for a specific set of motors, just some I can find inexpensivly. (CHEAP)
I do have the stock Estes motors and 1 Cox warbird motor, though.
Old Aug 04, 2010, 09:25 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Yes Mod I've been over ALL your threads on the BA Transport, heck I even thought of offering it to you. For sentamental reasons I'm going to try & bash it lightly. Alreadt mounted HZ SC wheels to the mains.
PM me plz with a brushless SIZE of motor that would be approriate for it. Enough power to ROG easily & maybe loop from level flight.
I say SIZE because I'm not particularly looking for a specific set of motors, just some I can find inexpensivly. (CHEAP)
I do have the stock Estes motors and 1 Cox warbird motor, though.
Dual HK 10g motors would probably be enough to fly the wings off of a BA.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Aug 04, 2010, 09:41 PM
CV-15 VB-16
USA, TX, Friendswood
Joined Jul 2007
1,378 Posts
Hey, Tubo. Since none of us seem to be using the motors from the Gravity/Cox kits, I'll bet if you asked nicely enough - and offered to pay the shipping, one of us'll probably donate one to the cause.
Old Aug 04, 2010, 09:55 PM
CV-15 VB-16
USA, TX, Friendswood
Joined Jul 2007
1,378 Posts
Gravity Website

FWIW I just downloaded Firefox - did a custom install so I could keep my original settings, and am now able to access Gravity's website via Firefox.

g
Old Aug 04, 2010, 10:15 PM
Old, New Guy
Joined May 2010
211 Posts
Why Thank You Joe-seppi, Good Idea! I'd be plumb pleased to pay shipping on any donated pieces/parts. PM Plz.
Just fer FYI Joe-seppi & UNGN, though I live in Florida now, I am a Texan. Origionally from Grapevine/Colleyville(UNGN territory), also lived in Houston fer 10 years

Corky
Last edited by Tubo; Aug 04, 2010 at 10:20 PM.
Old Aug 04, 2010, 10:57 PM
United States, FL, Port Charlotte
Joined Jan 2008
927 Posts
Quote:
Why Thank You Joe-seppi, Good Idea! I'd be plumb pleased to pay shipping on any donated pieces/parts. PM Plz.
Just fer FYI Joe-seppi & UNGN, though I live in Florida now, I am a Texan. Origionally from Grapevine/Colleyville(UNGN territory), also lived in Houston fer 10 years

Corky
Hey bud, I have a motor here and a will have a couple more tomorrow. PM me an address and they're yours. Don't worry about shipping, it's only a couple bucks.
kwiktsi is online now Find More Posts by kwiktsi
Old Aug 04, 2010, 11:11 PM
Old, New Guy
Joined May 2010
211 Posts
TY kwiktsi, PM sent.
Now I wonder if the Cox motors can take a 2s 800ma Li-po batt. Guess this means I'll be haunting the old Cox threads too.
Modfly, have any prop suggestions, other than the stock Estes props(Wonder what the pitch is on those 108mm props is??)

BTW Opera browser lets me see the Gravity website too.
Old Aug 04, 2010, 11:23 PM
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Quote:
TY kwiktsi, PM sent.
Now I wonder if the Cox motors can take a 2s 800ma Li-po batt. Guess this means I'll be haunting the old Cox threads too.
Modfly, have any prop suggestions, other than the stock Estes props(Wonder what the pitch is on those 108mm props is??)

BTW Opera browser lets me see the Gravity website too.
Yes the Cox motors will work with 2s NP. I would use the stock Estes BA props or a set from any of the Cox warbirds. I still fly my Estes BA twin but I'm using a set of Cox motors in a set of Gearboxes. I will see if I can find a link in a bit. Yes the BL 10g motors should do nicely in the BA twin as they are basically equivalent to the 130 in power but weigh less.

check this little tidbit on the BA twin motors http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=718519