No worries. I was just having some fun.
giuseppi is offline Find More Posts by giuseppi
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 25, 2010, 11:21 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
no worries.. he was just having some fun ... with me.
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Jul 26, 2010, 03:49 PM
Crashing but learning...
Brazil, São Paulo, Sao Paulo
Joined May 2009
463 Posts
Hello friends, here is mine cargo plane with some mod's I did.
Flying very well and launch cargo too, will post video soon.

RC C-130 with flaps, landing gear and cargo door (1 min 32 sec)

RC C-130 Lights mod (0 min 41 sec)
Wildweasel09 is offline Find More Posts by Wildweasel09
Old Jul 26, 2010, 06:57 PM
Not enough hours in the day
Melbourne
Joined Feb 2009
2,417 Posts
Hey very nice cargo plane!

I didn't even know this was available. When Gravity bought the moulds from Cox, exactly which moulds did they get?

What models are still available? I bought my two models from Gravity's eBay shop and at the time all they had were the entire single-motor Warbird series.

I heard talk of a P-38 which would be super awesome but not actually seen it. And now this Cargo plane. What else is there?
Slaanesh is offline Find More Posts by Slaanesh
Old Jul 26, 2010, 07:12 PM
CV-15 VB-16
USA, TX, Friendswood
Joined Jul 2007
1,366 Posts
Slaanesh,

You can check Gravity Hobby's website : http://www.gravityhobby.com/

I think the P-38 never made it into production.
giuseppi is offline Find More Posts by giuseppi
Old Jul 26, 2010, 07:19 PM
Not enough hours in the day
Melbourne
Joined Feb 2009
2,417 Posts
That link is blocked for world customers. It's only available to the US by the looks of it.

Anyway, there's also http://www.vintageglowengines.com/ where I found the Cargo plane. But they don't ship it outside of the US - which is a pity.

It's really nice! Very different.

I'd totally want a small scale P-38 though - something around the 24" wingspan would be awesome.
Slaanesh is offline Find More Posts by Slaanesh
Old Jul 28, 2010, 01:50 AM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaanesh View Post
That link is blocked for world customers. It's only available to the US by the looks of it.

Anyway, there's also http://www.vintageglowengines.com/ where I found the Cargo plane. But they don't ship it outside of the US - which is a pity.

It's really nice! Very different.

I'd totally want a small scale P-38 though - something around the 24" wingspan would be awesome.
doggone it. If I didn't already have 5 kit airplanes (no RTF's) and 4 scratch builds waiting to be built, I would love to add this one to the stack. And, I am kinda tight for space to store the 26 currently RTF planes that I have flying right now. I recently retired 4 planes to make room for 4 more to keep a total of 30 flying planes. That is the total number of planes that the wife will allow me to have in my hanger (single car garage) and my hobby shop (back bedroom-used ONLY for RC).
Retirement is great. There just is not enough time. I wonder how I ever had time to work.
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Jul 28, 2010, 02:26 AM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
True that AJ. I have run out of places to stash r\c planes. I have become a r\c hoarder
modfly is offline Find More Posts by modfly
Old Jul 28, 2010, 09:07 PM
Grand Blanc, MI
Joined Jan 2007
461 Posts
I have exciting news gentlemen. For the past week I've been flying my stock P-51 & brusless Zero with a 800mAh 7.4 2S battery. I get anywhere between 25 & 35min. of flight time. Pics & vids will be up soon.
will3kgt is offline Find More Posts by will3kgt
Old Jul 28, 2010, 09:37 PM
Grand Blanc, MI
Joined Jan 2007
461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisticuffs! View Post
My first FW 190 with the 610 mAh did need to come in pretty fast for landings, but it was the only free battery I had at the time.

The motor was perfectly fine on 3S, never got more than warm to the touch if that. Of course it did had tons of power with a 5x4.3 or 5x3 prop.

Here are some pics or the aileron and battery hatch setup on my new FW.
Very nice, and clean.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 09:40 PM
Grand Blanc, MI
Joined Jan 2007
461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by giuseppi View Post
Thanks, Slaanesh.

I looked on eBay and there are several Chinese sellers with Spektrum AR6100e receivers for sale just slightly more expensive than HK's. And there's no waiting and continuous monitoring of the website for supplies to be replenished.

They may be counterfeit, according to HH so you use them at your own risk. But I don't see that using these is any different than using HK's clones. Neither is authorized by HH but there is evidence from users that both are functional.

Weight - 4.4g
I'm picking up two. I'll post on how they work.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 09:44 PM
Grand Blanc, MI
Joined Jan 2007
461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2789 View Post
Thanks for the advice guys. Funny thing is I was so close to getting a j3 cub rtf but then I changed my mind. I'll be back here if I survive my training lol
You should make this your 2nd plane that you fly. A Cub is the right plane to start with.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 02:16 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
lol guys.. I got as a present yesterday a 1.65m wingspan Extra with a YS-4stroke engine all spektrum servos and the receiver he had inside was an AR6100 v1.6 the guy was flying with a microlite parkflyer.. I don't think these birds which are 6-7 times smaller will have any range issues...
btw that's my first nitroplane.. I was into electrics and I still think of converting it to electric
Old Jul 29, 2010, 02:32 AM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
You could not give me a nitro plane. Well, maybe, but I would look into converting it to electric and putting the nitro motor on ebay. Nitro r\c planes suck IMO. Maybe its because I have bad memory's of those noisy no starting POS motors from the late 70's.
modfly is offline Find More Posts by modfly
Old Jul 29, 2010, 03:50 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
maybe... I was told that YS 4stroke are good engines.. but yet again I don't want that petrol mess.. and here in Cyprus we are like 20 years back in the way of thinking.. they think that electrics are toys.. I just wanted to build a Sundowner electric just to show those jackasses how better it is compared to a nitro.
anw.. I will most probably look for a conversion after the fixes. It's my first prop plane and I want it to be a good one.. I only had edfs so far.

ofcourse it will not be my first if you consider that have two cox warbirds