HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 14, 2009, 08:36 PM
United States, GA, Snellville
Joined Nov 2005
852 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by []TEX[] View Post
All the batts we have sent out for reviews have gotten great feedback. I have two packs myself and they are great packs. The ones we have at the field flying right now are also doing very well.
Good to know, Im here in GA, so aparently im 1-2 days away, allowing me to try the batteries and buy more if i like em before the sale is over LOL.
smasher41 is offline Find More Posts by smasher41
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2009, 11:01 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
I got a delivery date of the 17th (Thursday) for an order this last weekend. Since my AR6400 Zero is almost ready to fly, my next build will be a totally cheap P-40, with the factory brushed motor and $5 HK brushed ESC and $4 servos... then I'm going to try to build a super light weight FW 190 (going to shoot for <3.5 Oz ready to fly with a 5g Brushless motor)
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Last edited by UNGN; Dec 15, 2009 at 07:11 AM.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 02:45 AM
Joined Dec 2007
205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN View Post
I got a delivery date of the 17th (Thursday) for an order this last weekend. Since my AR6400 Zero is almost ready to fly, my next build will be a totally cheap P-40, with the factory brushed motor and $5 HK brushed ESC and $4 servos... then I'm going to try to build a super light weight FW 190 (going to shoot for <3.5 Oz ready to fly with a 5g Brushless motor)
Hey UNGN, where do you get your brushed ESCs? I've been looking for some, but it's been hard to find some. I found one from r2hobbies, but it keeps the prop idling, and doesn't seem to be working well for me. I want the motor to stop when I throttle down.
Mujiber is offline Find More Posts by Mujiber
Old Dec 15, 2009, 06:52 AM
Hi I am Mark & I am an addict
USA, KY, Louisville
Joined May 2007
790 Posts
Yikes.. I put a C-130 and an FW-190 in my cart and the cheapest shipping cost is $20.23 for UPS Ground.

I cancelled that order... does that seem high to anyone else?

Mark
mthomas is offline Find More Posts by mthomas
Last edited by mthomas; Dec 15, 2009 at 07:13 AM.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 07:07 AM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mujiber View Post
Hey UNGN, where do you get your brushed ESCs? I've been looking for some, but it's been hard to find some. I found one from r2hobbies, but it keeps the prop idling, and doesn't seem to be working well for me. I want the motor to stop when I throttle down.
You should be able to hit the down trim on the throttle to get the motor to stop.

heres a Hobby King $5 20 Amp brushed ESC

You may need to login to get the $5 price and they show only 31 left, so they may be all gone today.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 08:38 AM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,455 Posts
While not $5, try a GWS or Electrifly brushed esc. They are only about 5g and micros are really weight sensitive.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Old Dec 15, 2009, 09:16 AM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe 1320 View Post
While not $5, try a GWS or Electrifly brushed esc. They are only about 5g and micros are really weight sensitive.
I usually use the GWS ones at $10-15, and the electrify ESC's I have are even better, its just too hard to pass up a $5 ESC.

On the short nosed planes, a Heavy ESC is better than adding lead. At least the weight is doing something (saving $10).

Joe is right about weight with the Brushed motor, though. The Brushed motor alone weighs more than my Motor/ESC/Brick in my Zero (which came to 3.8 Oz AUW without gear), so if you retain the Brushed motor, you really need to cut weight out in other places.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 09:23 AM
Joined Feb 2006
7,455 Posts
UNGN...... does that name happen to refer to a certain turbo buick ala Grand national?

Oh yeah, that brushed motor is like lead. a $5 esc is always got some use. I wish I had seen that when i needed a bunch of them. That size is perfect for small foamies.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 09:51 AM
Memb DEAF R/C
Dallas, TX
Joined Nov 2005
1,089 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mthomas View Post
Yikes.. I put a C-130 and an FW-190 in my cart and the cheapest shipping cost is $20.23 for UPS Ground.

I cancelled that order... does that seem high to anyone else?

Mark

Mark, go to the UPS, FedEx or USPS sites and price postage for two boxes of that size. Postage for these is based on size of boxes, not just weight. And you have to watch the USPS site as it may not take the weight you put in the first time. That really screwed me up on my first try selling some equipment. Gave me the price for 1 pound package instead of 6 pound, so double check the weight.

They all tell you how to measure the box and let you enter the dimensions as well as weight.

Ron
RonR214 is offline Find More Posts by RonR214
Old Dec 15, 2009, 12:22 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
UNGN...... does that name happen to refer to a certain turbo buick ala Grand national?
Yes. That is the plate of my White '86 T-type i've had since the mid '90's. Because its white and not black, it was the UNGN. I also have a low mile '86 GN and an '89 Turbo TA with the GN motor.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 03:27 PM
Joined Feb 2006
7,455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN View Post
Yes. That is the plate of my White '86 T-type i've had since the mid '90's. Because its white and not black, it was the UNGN. I also have a low mile '86 GN and an '89 Turbo TA with the GN motor.
I'll bet I recognize that signature from turbobuick.com

Old Dec 15, 2009, 04:06 PM
United States, GA, Snellville
Joined Nov 2005
852 Posts
So do ALL products on gravity hobbies website located in the Florida warehouse? Cause my billing reciept says Hong Kong?
just curious, Thanks
smasher41 is offline Find More Posts by smasher41
Old Dec 15, 2009, 04:11 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smasher41 View Post
So do ALL products on gravity hobbies website located in the Florida warehouse? Cause my billing reciept says Hong Kong?
just curious, Thanks
They ship out of Miami, Florida via UPS, at least the 3 I ordered did.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 04:15 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
I'll bet I recognize that signature from turbobuick.com

Yes, I've been a member on there pretty much since the beginning and the GN/TType list before that.

After my son was born I stopped racing for a while and did father-son stuff like Power Wheels and then Go Karts and now we fly airplanes. In a couple years we will get back into cars.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 04:06 PM
So Cal FPV Aviator
USA, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Feb 2008
3,575 Posts
Hey guys I Just picked up mine, a P-51 mustang.

Here is my setup...

2 x 3.7g servos with aileron mod
2 gram ar6300 rx
9.2g 160g thrust outrunner
4025 gws prop
3sp 360 lipo
8a esc.

Hopefully it will scream. Anyone else have a similar setup? Still waiting for all my parts.
EyeFlyPlanes is offline Find More Posts by EyeFlyPlanes