HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 19, 2010, 11:32 AM
CV-15 VB-16
USA, TX, Friendswood
Joined Jul 2007
1,365 Posts
EDIT: By the way if anyone is interested in the 2.4Ghz DSM2 compat receivers popped up in HK and promptly sold out in under half an hour.
I ordered a few :-)[/QUOTE]

Which ones did they have?
giuseppi is offline Find More Posts by giuseppi
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 19, 2010, 04:33 PM
Not enough hours in the day
Melbourne
Joined Feb 2009
2,410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
a few??? what ##
I bought 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giuseppi View Post
EDIT: By the way if anyone is interested in the 2.4Ghz DSM2 compat receivers popped up in HK and promptly sold out in under half an hour.
I ordered a few :-)

Which ones did they have?
HobbyKing call it "DSM/2 Compatible Parkflyer 2.4Ghz Receiver"
Slaanesh is offline Find More Posts by Slaanesh
Last edited by Slaanesh; Jul 19, 2010 at 07:58 PM.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 04:35 PM
CV-15 VB-16
USA, TX, Friendswood
Joined Jul 2007
1,365 Posts
Finally added the decals to my P-40. I made my own using white waterslide decal paper thus saving the original sheet in case more are needed. My homemade ones, although a bit heavier, are considerably tougher and easier to apply.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 05:11 PM
CV-15 VB-16
USA, TX, Friendswood
Joined Jul 2007
1,365 Posts
Thanks, Slaanesh.

I looked on eBay and there are several Chinese sellers with Spektrum AR6100e receivers for sale just slightly more expensive than HK's. And there's no waiting and continuous monitoring of the website for supplies to be replenished.

They may be counterfeit, according to HH so you use them at your own risk. But I don't see that using these is any different than using HK's clones. Neither is authorized by HH but there is evidence from users that both are functional.

Weight - 4.4g
Old Jul 19, 2010, 07:10 PM
Melbourne
Joined Feb 2009
2,410 Posts
Quote:
Finally added the decals to my P-40. I made my own using white waterslide decal paper thus saving the original sheet in case more are needed. My homemade ones, although a bit heavier, are considerably tougher and easier to apply.
They look very nice - were the scanned and printed?

Quote:
Thanks, Slaanesh.

I looked on eBay and there are several Chinese sellers with Spektrum AR6100e receivers for sale just slightly more expensive than HK's. And there's no waiting and continuous monitoring of the website for supplies to be replenished.

Weight - 4.4g
Yes, I've bought two of these from different vendors. They work fine. I did a range test on the ground and then flew with one. No problems. Recommended.
Despite most likely being counterfeit, they are irresistible at the price given how much the genuine articles cost.
In Australia you can buy a 6110e for around $85 where as the clone from eBay is $30 shipped.

I admit having a dedicated receiver per model is a bit of luxury but it saves on unplugging all the time.
Last edited by Slaanesh; Jul 19, 2010 at 07:59 PM.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 08:28 PM
CV-15 VB-16
USA, TX, Friendswood
Joined Jul 2007
1,365 Posts
They look very nice - were the scanned and printed?

Thanks, Slaanesh.

Yeah, I scanned them and printed them on inkjet waterslide decal paper purchased from eBay. They are sealed with a few light coats of clear spray paint afterward to prevent the colors from running when immersed in the water.

I try to always keep some on hand. They've come in handy on several projects, not just R/C related. Well worth the money.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 12:20 AM
Joined Jul 2010
4 Posts
Hi everyone,

I'm Mike and I just picked up a Gravity F4U Corsair ARF from ebay. I have never flown an rc airplane so I'm pretty psyched to get this plane in the air. I've read and searched around but there's so much information to look at that I don't know where to start. Pretty much I'm looking for a cheap basic setup to just enjoy flying my warbird asap.

I guess I need: A transmitter, receiver, servos, ESC, batteries, servo tape.
mike2789 is offline Find More Posts by mike2789
Old Jul 20, 2010, 12:44 AM
eat, sleep, play, work?
USA, WA, Olympia
Joined Jun 2010
349 Posts
mike

i think others will agree this is not a beginer plane. look through some other threads for something a little easier to startout with. after you get good with that then set up your war bird. good luck!
offplane is offline Find More Posts by offplane
Old Jul 20, 2010, 06:08 AM
Canadian Bacon
Kingston, Canada
Joined Jun 2004
12,114 Posts
That's right. It would likely be in pieces in the the first few seconds of flight. Sort of like going out to your airport and climbing into a fullsize Corsair for you first flight. Get a Supercub trainer plane or the the likes and get someone to train you to fly first.

Gord.
flypaper 2 is online now Find More Posts by flypaper 2
Old Jul 20, 2010, 07:41 AM
Melbourne
Joined Feb 2009
2,410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2789 View Post
I have never flown an rc airplane so I'm pretty psyched to get this plane in the air.
I'd have to agree with the others. Flying a low-wing model is somewhat more difficult than flying a high wing model. It has to do with the inherit stability of the design.
I'd also highly recommend you get yourself something like a Parkzone J3 Cub - even the ultra micro version is great - to get you started.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 10:37 AM
Joined Jul 2010
4 Posts
Thanks for the advice guys. Funny thing is I was so close to getting a j3 cub rtf but then I changed my mind. I'll be back here if I survive my training lol
Old Jul 20, 2010, 10:54 AM
CV-15 VB-16
USA, TX, Friendswood
Joined Jul 2007
1,365 Posts
Hey, mike. The J-3 is an excellent choice. Enjoy.

Did the F4U come with a motor and ESC? If so, what are they?
Last edited by giuseppi; Jul 20, 2010 at 11:03 AM.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 12:32 PM
Joined Jul 2010
4 Posts
Quote:
Hey, mike. The J-3 is an excellent choice. Enjoy.

Did the F4U come with a motor and ESC? If so, what are they?
Yeah, I got a 130 speed? (reads FK-130PH-2475/42R). And no ESC because the manual says it's additionally required.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 12:59 PM
CV-15 VB-16
USA, TX, Friendswood
Joined Jul 2007
1,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2789 View Post
Yeah, I got a 130 speed? (reads FK-130PH-2475/42R). And no ESC because the manual says it's additionally required.
My bad. I meant to say brushless motor and ESC.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 01:21 PM
USA, CA, Berkeley
Joined Sep 2007
191 Posts
Slaanesh, I do plan on using a spinner eventually. I know some guys have modded the stock one to fit with GWS props. I would also like to get a 5" or 6" 3 blade prop for looks.

Also I am pretty sure you should be able to reverse the shaft. You would just need to loosen the screws that hold the shaft to the rotor. I agree this would make mounting motors pretty easy.

Due to the my FW-190s ailerons, I had to remove the rear snap post. However the fuselage parts did not line up perfectly and the wing can rotate about 5-10 degrees about the front post in either direction.

I am considering different methods to attach the wing. The obvious and probably easiest choice would be just to glue it on straight. Do you guys have some pics of your setup that you would like to share?
Fisticuffs! is offline Find More Posts by Fisticuffs!