HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 28, 2009, 01:44 PM
Joined Oct 2009
15 Posts
Discussion
hows does the Smoke unit actually produce the smoke

Any light on my question please , 2 bits of Thick String, cotton bud and a mechanicism that goes backwards and forwards.

I can see it soaks the string when you add a couple of drops of oil like i've been told down the exhaust pipes. is it friction or something like that?

Cheers
Jamie
ltjimster is offline Find More Posts by ltjimster
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2009, 04:05 PM
afv
uk
Joined May 2008
104 Posts
Hi Jamie ( i think this is how it works )
inside the unit were you can see the string is a very thin wire thats part of the circuit, it resists the current going through it and so gets hot and burns the oil

regards Jack.
afv is offline Find More Posts by afv
Old Oct 29, 2009, 04:15 AM
Joined Oct 2009
15 Posts
Oh right, well i'm having trouble getting mine to smoke, its promotional smoke generator........... So as long as the string has oil on it and the mechcanism that goes backwards and forwards is touching it, it should work.

How long does it take to make any smoke please?...... I've asked this question afew times nobody has answered it

Cheers
Jamie
Old Oct 29, 2009, 01:22 PM
afv
uk
Joined May 2008
104 Posts
Hi Jamie don't use the smokers myself but when i have tried them it can take a few minutes and even then it's just whispy not heavy smoke, don't overfill it, just a few drops will do
regards Jack.
afv is offline Find More Posts by afv
Old Oct 29, 2009, 03:46 PM
Joined Oct 2009
15 Posts
okey dokey thanks very much m8y