HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 28, 2009, 01:00 PM
Paris (France)
Joined Jan 2006
851 Posts
Question
how to swap rudder and aileron on vapor brick?

Sorry, i guess the answer is somewhere in this forum, but there have been so many threads about the vapor brick that it would take too much time to find it...

I would like to use the vapor brick (green dot) for a 4 channels plane.
I will solder a servo on the 5th channel for the aileron.
Problem is that aileron is moved by the right stick and rudder is moved by the left stick, while rudder is moved by the right sick on the vapor board.
How can i swap them?
Thanks in advance.
indoor_fr is offline Find More Posts by indoor_fr
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2009, 01:27 PM
Don't leave it Stock
USA, IL, Round Lake
Joined Feb 2004
2,510 Posts
I believe I had posted my mixes in this thread. Good reading anyway.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=985344
mrfliboy is online now Find More Posts by mrfliboy
Old Oct 28, 2009, 03:52 PM
Sussex, UK
Crawley, West Sussex, UK
Joined Jun 2004
7,373 Posts
Oddly enough I posted this question only a couple of days ago in the thread mentioned above.

It takes 4 programmable mixes:
1) Mix rudder to aileron, +100% each way (the rudder stick now moves the ailerons)
2) Mix rudder to rudder, -100% each way (the rudder stick now doesn't move the rudder)
3) Mix aileron to rudder, +100% each way (the aileron stick now moves the rudder)
4) Mix aileron to aileron, -100% each way (the aileron stick now doesn't move the ailerons)

The trims stay the wrong way around, but the DR/expo settings move with the controls.

The other thing to watch is that signal wire for the channel 4 servo connects to the obvious looking pads on the top, but the other two wires should be connected to the battery wires, not the other two pads.
RobinBennett is offline Find More Posts by RobinBennett
Old Oct 28, 2009, 05:49 PM
Paris (France)
Joined Jan 2006
851 Posts
Hello Mrfliboy and RobinBennett

Thanks to both of you for the quick answer.
indoor_fr is offline Find More Posts by indoor_fr