SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 28, 2009, 01:41 PM
Joined Oct 2009
26 Posts
Discussion
First Order from BH- My Experience

I thought I would also outline my experience in ordering from BH, as I have seen some positive and negative reviews on this site. May help those contemplating an order to decide for themselves:

Ordered in Mid-Sept the new FA-18 with missles- It was a preorder with expected ship date of Oct 8.

Oct 8 came and went- I used the live chat feature and was connected with an operator in around 10 minutes or so. They were very nice and informed me that there was an import delay, that it should be arriving by Oct 15. I noticed later that day that the BH website appeared to have been updated to reflect this. Overall, pleased with this interaction with BH

Oct 15 came and went- used live chat feature again, was connected in just a few minutes. Was informed again that the shipment was running late. New date given was Oct. 28. Website did not appear to update for about 2-3 days.

Oct 26- Noticed that the item appeared to be "in stock" on the website.

Oct 28- Used live chat to get updated order status. Took about 10 minutes to connect to an operator, who gave me a UPS tracking number right away, and said that my order was shipping out today. Noticed that the status of my order was updated right after this interaction, so my prompting them as to the status of my order is what initiated this action? A little disconcerting?

Even with the delays, I am still somewhat happy with the customer service I have seen thus far. The key that I am looking for now is: are there any issues when my order arrives... I ordered an extra Li-Po, and transmitter batteries... are these all going to be in the box? More updates to come.
bozhoz is offline Find More Posts by bozhoz
Last edited by bozhoz; Oct 28, 2009 at 01:43 PM. Reason: typo
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2009, 07:26 PM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,871 Posts
Same experience here, the order process and delivery was smooth without any problems.

The plane box was well protected and no parts were missing or visible damaged. But my FW F-15 crashed after 2min during the maiden flight because of an faulty RX or ESC.

What came after was and still is a pain and they make it so hard that I was about to give up - but no, I will not. I got the promise that they will talk to the original manufacturer, but I am waiting since 3 weeks for an reply. Even a quick message like "We are still working on it" would be enough but BH totally cut the communication channel.

I don't think that you will have a different experience - only hope that your plane will be working.
flyandi is offline Find More Posts by flyandi
Old Oct 28, 2009, 07:40 PM
Joined Mar 2009
148 Posts
and someone please tell us why do we as customers keep having to call them to remind to send out the stuff we paid for... it just doesnt make sense to me...
louisiana boy is offline Find More Posts by louisiana boy