HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 28, 2009, 12:06 PM
Joined Jan 2009
5 Posts
Question
HobbyKing Durafly Cessna 182 1.4m ?

Does anyone know anything about this new EPO plane from HobbyKing?

Interestingly, it was $99.99 1 day ago, then last night it was $169.99 and now it is $199.99!

Which is better - Nitroplanes Cessna 182 55inch wingspan (FMS Sky Trainer) or Hobbyking Durafly Cessna 182 55inch wingspan?

Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks.
blackcat657 is offline Find More Posts by blackcat657
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2009, 03:12 PM
Switzerland-Europe
Joined Apr 2007
426 Posts
If it's still 99.99, I would buy it now! It's a new company located in Shenzen, I didn't find their website, the Cessna seems not bad also in flight, maybee a bit underpowered! ......they have 4 models in production, if you go on Youtube you will find this videos:

Durafly Cessna RC (2 min 6 sec)

and their Spitfire also:

Durafly RC Spitfire (2 min 15 sec)
panamarenko is offline Find More Posts by panamarenko
Old Oct 28, 2009, 10:49 PM
Singapore
Joined Mar 2009
193 Posts
Its still $99 if you log in first as a member. Otherwise, you will be taken for an expensive ride/flight ...
jsec1992 is offline Find More Posts by jsec1992
Old Oct 29, 2009, 06:15 PM
Joined Jan 2009
5 Posts
Thanks for the info guys.

jsec1992, I did log in as a new member at HobbyKing, however, the price still says $199.99 (not $99 as you indicated) - any thoughts?

Thanks again.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 08:30 PM
Singapore
Joined Mar 2009
193 Posts
Black cat, I just checked again.
At the home page, it showed $199 in the scrolling new products section. Logged in, went back to the home page and it still showed $199. But click on it for details and the price will go down to $99.95.
Better be fast - just 2 pieces left!
jsec1992 is offline Find More Posts by jsec1992
Old Nov 06, 2009, 07:45 AM
Smoke on , go !
Verona - Italy
Joined Jan 2007
2,526 Posts
I just bought it at 99
zaguruinzasky is offline Find More Posts by zaguruinzasky
Old Nov 09, 2009, 11:56 AM
USA, FL, Gainesville
Joined Nov 2009
166 Posts
Hey I just went there and logged in .... 199$ in cart, Also does it have flap and ailerons
Youssefa is offline Find More Posts by Youssefa
Old Nov 09, 2009, 12:30 PM
Smoke on , go !
Verona - Italy
Joined Jan 2007
2,526 Posts
Probably I have different price because is my 15th order... yes it has Flaps and ailerons with servo's installed.

Remember you have to add it to the cart AFTER you log in... otherwise you have full price.
Old Nov 09, 2009, 02:19 PM
Wichita, KS
Joined Aug 2007
458 Posts
Hey guys,

I bought one of these, built it, flew it, and sold it already But don't worry, that's not necessarily a bad thing. The website says it will take 15 minutes to put together, that's a load of you know what. Just putting on the graphics took that long, but was easy to do.

List of annoyances:
-Spinner didn't fit / work
-When I pulled out the fuse I put the landing gear in their slots. I turned it back over and set it on the gear and the place where they fit into shifted and the whole thing fell to the ground. It's hard to explain but the gear just slides into a sleeve, and that sleeve goes into the fuse. Well, when I pulled the sleeve out it was hollow inside, so when pressure was put on it there was nothing to keep them from just collapsing. If that doesn't make sense then you will figure it out if you get one. Anyways, I filled the hollow part with sumo glue and sprayed a bit of water in there (water makes sumo expand like crazy)and put the sleeves back in. After that dried it works like a charm.
-no manual

All that being said, for $99.00 (the "logged in" price) it is still a great deal. The finish of the foam, control surfaces, hinging, no visible linkage is really nice, it is a very good looking plane. It is heavy though. It flys nice, pretty scale I would say. Looped, didn't roll (well, it rolled, very very slow, so didn't do that much). It really was a great plane for the price, but after a couple flights, no matter how much I tried, I'm just not a scale type pilot, and I wanted to hover, or go inverted, or something. So I sold it.
adreher is online now Find More Posts by adreher
Old Nov 09, 2009, 03:11 PM
Smoke on , go !
Verona - Italy
Joined Jan 2007
2,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adreher View Post
...after a couple flights, no matter how much I tried, I'm just not a scale type pilot, and I wanted to hover, or go inverted, or something. So I sold it.
ahah yeah I know what you mean... btw the real challange in scale airplanes is to make them look real, and it can be very hard, easier in FPV maybe if you're a real pilot already...

So how does it flies?
power is enough?
flight time with what lipo?
are servo any good?
is it possible to open the cockpit to put cameras or is it glued?

Thanks!
Old Nov 09, 2009, 08:17 PM
Joined Jan 2009
5 Posts
Glad to see some more info on this plane.
I believe the "logged in" price of $99 is dependent on the number of previous purchases, as zaguruinzasky suggested. As a new member without any previous purchases, my "logged in" price is still $199.

Here is a link to the Durafly site which has a limited manual for this plane:
http://www.durafly.com/durafly_cessna182_manual.html
Old Nov 10, 2009, 10:57 AM
Wichita, KS
Joined Aug 2007
458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaguruinzasky View Post
ahah yeah I know what you mean... btw the real challange in scale airplanes is to make them look real, and it can be very hard, easier in FPV maybe if you're a real pilot already...

So how does it flies?
power is enough?
flight time with what lipo?
are servo any good?
is it possible to open the cockpit to put cameras or is it glued?

Thanks!
I agree, there is a challenge to flying scale. I love to watch those kinds of planes when I get the chance, just not for me.

It flys well, not slow, you have to keep the speed up. It had enough power to fly and do pretty decent climb outs. Couldn't tell you exact flight times, I ran a couple batteries through it but didn't take them all the way down. I bet I had at least 8-10 minutes on the 2200's, but don't know how much longer they could go. Servo's seemed ok, at least they worked fine for me, but I didn't have it long. Looked like they were hextronic's. The Cockpit was glued on pretty well. I think if you got creative you could strategically cut out a portion to make it work, that would be cool.

That makes sense blackcat, and I have bought a TON of stuff from them, so they better give me a good discount
adreher is online now Find More Posts by adreher
Old Nov 27, 2009, 04:28 PM
Poland
Joined Feb 2009
424 Posts
I bought it few minutes ago for 99$ It is my 20th order in Hobbyking
I don't have it yet (maybe in 2 weeks) but i love it! I like so much cessna 182 look.
Wojtass_nt is offline Find More Posts by Wojtass_nt
Old Nov 27, 2009, 04:56 PM
Smoke on , go !
Verona - Italy
Joined Jan 2007
2,526 Posts
I just received it few hours ago, awesome !! just the stick of the cabin is not well attached to the foam and there is no acces to the cabin, the look is impressive, lots of details.
I just have some doubts on landing gear and rudder linkage.

Landing gear is robust but has to be glued with the fuse, if I need to replace it??

Rudder linkage works only on one side, on the other has a contact with other parts.. I will change it in some way..

I would love to have another one just for static display in my house...
Old Nov 27, 2009, 06:53 PM
Joined Dec 2006
9 Posts
Yep, great kit. Flys great and looks good. I flipped one of the flap servos and added a longer control arm so I didn't use up another channel. Easy solution and I can use my other channel for the camera tilt. I also fixed the rudder linkage and put a real spinner on it. 11x6 is a good fit for the motor. I should mention I made an easment for the rudder linkage on the plastic tail mount of the vertical rudder. Best 99$ spent this year.
Cptn. Krunch is offline Find More Posts by Cptn. Krunch