HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 22, 2012, 05:28 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,213 Posts
This version has less drag and lower wing load than most and is a good size for its class.

Other F-35s don't seem to experience these difficulties. But then they all have proper ducts except for this one.
I still think this won't come alive until it gets clean air flow.
Maxthrottle is offline Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 22, 2012, 05:52 PM
USA, AZ, Buckeye
Joined Feb 2010
530 Posts
I think I am going to re-install the Tahmazo fan/Cyclone 2500kv combo and run it in on a 6S setup and see how that does.
mray is offline Find More Posts by mray
Old Sep 30, 2012, 10:56 AM
Joined Sep 2012
7 Posts
I've been wanting this plane for a few months, but the it's been out of stock. The grey ARF version just came back in stock at Banana, so I was planning to order it on Monday. As I've been grazing this thread, I'm getting the impression that the plane isn't much of a flier? I don't need a super speed demon - or unlimited vertical, but some of the comments I'm seeing make it sound like the plane can barely stay aloft. Any further or more recent input on this?

I see the plane is on V2 now, but I'm not sure what that revision addresses.

(oh yeah, sorry for the necro thread revival)
OGLoc is offline Find More Posts by OGLoc
Old Sep 30, 2012, 12:29 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,213 Posts
I just posted a recent video in the other LX F-35 thread. You'll see the model flies fine.
LXs version is very close to scale externally so its a very nice model in that sense and only really improves with CF to the wing and may be Flapperons along with tailerons help but are not a must.
Its a very nice model but the lack of an internal duct makes it as problematic as the real one. Adding more power to it just gets lost as the interior is an open cavity with no smooth contours.

When comparing the results to other models, you usually see more performance specifically in the way of thrust, from the same given setup. A lot of the thrust and efflux is lost because they did not make a proper duct for the model.
Some who bought the kit have a model not fully assembled so they have added panels to the open interior to direct air flow to the fan and found an immediate improvement.

If you have the time to make a proper duct yourself, it will perform better than you'd expect.
Maxthrottle is offline Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:40 PM
USA, AZ, Buckeye
Joined Feb 2010
530 Posts
This is a good thread to read too.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1335421
Old Oct 01, 2012, 11:26 PM
Joined Sep 2012
7 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys. I'm really struggling to pick between the Freewing and LX model. It seems pretty clear that the Freewing will be the better flyer, but I'm really not thrilled about the not-very-scale paint and canopy, while the LX version looks absolutely perfect.

Mray, I just read that entire topic while watching Monday Night Football. Lots of good info in there. I went into it with my mind almost made up for the Freewing, but one or two guys in there seemed to be very happy with the stock plane's performance. Guess I'll order it up and cross my fingers. If it sucks, I'm gonna come back and spam this thread worse than the obnoxious guy demanding a video every 6 hours for 3 months. LOL
OGLoc is offline Find More Posts by OGLoc
Old Dec 06, 2012, 01:03 PM
Joined Dec 2010
300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGLoc View Post
. If it sucks, I'm gonna come back and spam this thread worse than the obnoxious guy demanding a video every 6 hours for 3 months. LOL
Before you Spam Us -- be sure to add a bit of ducting on the intakes,
there is a post a few pages back that shows how to do that.

It makes a bit of a difference in the performance; and the best way to do that
is with the kit version. You would be better off with your own electronics
anyway ! ---------------------------------------------------"Just my opinion" .

Bille

OOPS -- wrong thread ; the info was here :
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=282

it was from post #282 from this thread :
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...335421&page=19
BilleFly is offline Find More Posts by BilleFly
Last edited by BilleFly; Dec 06, 2012 at 01:11 PM.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 01:29 PM
USA, AZ, Buckeye
Joined Feb 2010
530 Posts
My final power combo which has turned about to be great for this plane is the Cyclone 2500kv/Tahmazo fan on 6S/Nano's.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 07:50 PM
Joined Dec 2012
2 Posts
Leaning f 35 help

I recently got the lanxiang f35 from banana hobby. It's an arf kit and the manual is terrible. Can anyone help me or send a pic how the 9 wires were hooked into receiver. There's seems to be an unlabeled wire looks like for bomb bay doors. Where's does this go? There is a y connected that say ch3 in the box that says throttle. The bomb bay doors don't get connected with this does it. Please help. I'm confused.
Mfalteisek is offline Find More Posts by Mfalteisek
Old Dec 27, 2012, 08:30 PM
USA, AZ, Buckeye
Joined Feb 2010
530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfalteisek View Post
I recently got the lanxiang f35 from banana hobby. It's an arf kit and the manual is terrible. Can anyone help me or send a pic how the 9 wires were hooked into receiver. There's seems to be an unlabeled wire looks like for bomb bay doors. Where's does this go? There is a y connected that say ch3 in the box that says throttle. The bomb bay doors don't get connected with this does it. Please help. I'm confused.
I have found with most ARF's the best way to tell what is what, is by finding the throttle lead first, add your receiver and battery and turn it on, then test each lead live by plugging it in to an open port on the receiver. In all my cases, I ended up changing the wiring layout.
Old Jan 05, 2013, 05:28 AM
Joined Jan 2013
3 Posts
hi,i would know the real thrust of the motor and lipo 5S stock,the model f35 70mm stock can do aerobatic maneuvers with vectorial system?
i have the Cyclone Power CS480 4100kv 1100watts motor for 70mm EDF with esc 80-90A,and 4S 3000mAh 40C lipo,1,2kg thrust
i would put in f 35 what do you think, it's will sufficient?
thank for every answer

sorry for my english
BLS90 is offline Find More Posts by BLS90
Old Jan 07, 2013, 05:49 AM
Joined Jan 2013
3 Posts
another question

i have another setup 4S with thrust 1.2kg it will same thrust of original setup 5S or will best?
thanks
BLS90 is offline Find More Posts by BLS90
Last edited by BLS90; Jan 08, 2013 at 05:43 AM.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:41 AM
United States, MI, Royal Oak
Joined Nov 2005
1,332 Posts
I will be having my maiden flight this weekend with my LX F35. All stock setup with 5s 4000 65c packs. Can one of you guys who have been successfully flying this please let me know where a good CG location is at?

Much appreciated!!
JGuilty13 is online now Find More Posts by JGuilty13
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:43 PM
dallas tx
Joined Jun 2003
2,833 Posts
Max knows
capt soap is offline Find More Posts by capt soap
Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:06 AM
Joined Dec 2010
300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGuilty13 View Post
I will be having my maiden flight this weekend with my LX F35.
How did the test flight go ; still got an F-35 ?

Bille
BilleFly is offline Find More Posts by BilleFly