HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 04, 2011, 10:21 PM
Foamy Pilot
United States, CA
Joined Jun 2011
457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthrottle View Post
I haven't finished mine. Mine was a kit build. I've been working on the PakFa T-50 and Euro lately. But for this one I've been adding scale; minus the lights. There is the duct that I've been fabricating and I've been waiting for a good light rotating gear and PZ just came out with a set so it will have the dual doors for the retracts with a RCBee sequencer.

Wing tube, LE flaps still have to be actuated. The Ordnance bays holds the batteries but are being reshaped externally to take the JDAM and AMRAAMs.
Clean up and top hinge the tailerons
So no no flights yet.
Any updates on your build? Please post some pics
AJ5000 is offline Find More Posts by AJ5000
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 05, 2011, 05:26 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
this is the most poor thread of a plane ever. no pictures.. no videos.. no nothing
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Sep 05, 2011, 07:57 AM
Patras, Greece
Joined May 2007
1,286 Posts
Hi.
I final maiden-ed tis model after many months.
Although I used a tested and proven fan/motor ESC/BEC the plane is too slow.
The retracts are very sensitive to malfunctions (I shortened the length of the main struts) and It takes the last position of my 4 different F-35 models.
So, if you don't have it, better try another one. F-22 from the same company and Mig are excellent models. I vote Freewing for F-35 70 EDF.
Best
Takis
takiss is offline Find More Posts by takiss
Old Sep 05, 2011, 09:24 AM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,327 Posts
AJ5000; like I said its on the stand for now and for when ever. I've been flying and working so its got a dust cover on it.

I bought the kit, after seeing the several detailed pictures, for the scale outer look.
The rest I expected to treat it like a semi scratch job; specially since RTFs are rearly ever RTFs.

I mainly fly off grass so I wasn't going to attempt their gear, switching them out for PZs rotationals with larger wheels.

The lack of a duct is the performance killer on this. The F-22 appears similar but few complain I figure because its a twin 70, with straighter arrangement make performance lose less notable. Takiss you'ld probably know the answer on that one....

The definite plus on this model is its by far the most scale.

Beyond that, I can see how they wouldn't fly much the same.

For $100 how can you go wrong.
Maxthrottle is offline Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 05, 2011, 02:28 PM
Nederland, OV, Zwolle
Joined Jun 2011
125 Posts
Hi guys!

I just bought a second hand and still good looking F35 from someone, but forgot to ask what esc he placed in it. Its not the stock one...I find that out somehow.

More importantly; can the motor handle 6s? I have to 3s 4500mah with a total weight of 750 grams. Provided I place them right, can the plane handle the weight and can the motor take the heat?

Thanx in advance..
Donky73 is offline Find More Posts by Donky73
Old Sep 05, 2011, 06:20 PM
dallas tx
Joined Jun 2003
2,858 Posts
Max where did your $100.00 kit come from.. Bananna is $129.00 now. Lee
capt soap is offline Find More Posts by capt soap
Old Sep 05, 2011, 06:48 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donky73 View Post
Hi guys!

I just bought a second hand and still good looking F35 from someone, but forgot to ask what esc he placed in it. Its not the stock one...I find that out somehow.

More importantly; can the motor handle 6s? I have to 3s 4500mah with a total weight of 750 grams. Provided I place them right, can the plane handle the weight and can the motor take the heat?

Thanx in advance..
One commented that if going with larger batteries, still 5S, then the wings needed support of some kind. They are relatively thin so I added 2mm CF rod.
I thought it bit heavy as a 6S but I will try it first and if its too much I'll drop it back to 5S.
I'm also hoping for a improved 6S 70mm solution. IMO the MACH will end up heavy and is very expensive. A Velocity may do or a Wemo ARC 2858.1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt soap View Post
Max where did your $100.00 kit come from.. Bananna is $129.00 now. Lee
EDFHobbies.com has them for $110, ToySonic.com $115 but I got mine from last years Black Friday so I got it for $99. Which is why I'm saying to AJ5000, I'm in no hurrry. I really stopped till I got a good Duct solution and when inspiration hits from some F-35 footage
Maxthrottle is offline Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 05, 2011, 09:06 PM
Foamy Pilot
United States, CA
Joined Jun 2011
457 Posts
Keep us posted, Maxthrottle. I look forward to seeing some pics and details on your build
Old Sep 27, 2011, 12:29 AM
Foamy Pilot
United States, CA
Joined Jun 2011
457 Posts
Someone post some videos
Old Oct 07, 2011, 12:15 AM
dallas tx
Joined Jun 2003
2,858 Posts
Max, how's the f-35 build coming?
capt soap is offline Find More Posts by capt soap
Old Nov 24, 2011, 09:23 PM
Joined Jul 2011
32 Posts
Does this jet use 9g servos all around?
raitheslacker is offline Find More Posts by raitheslacker
Old Nov 24, 2011, 09:56 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raitheslacker View Post
Does this jet use 9g servos all around?
yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ5000 View Post
Someone post some videos
Ive been asking about videos since day one and many didn't like it.. they didn't want to share.. they were thinking that I was taking advantage of them.. lame thread
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Nov 24, 2011, 10:24 PM
Patras, Greece
Joined May 2007
1,286 Posts
Hi.
I have no video to share, but it is a beautiful model. Excellent foam finish. Just that!
The retract are just pain everywhere. It has to have 90mm to fly.
I use Cyclone motor with Changesun fan and it moves slowly.
Takis
takiss is offline Find More Posts by takiss
Old Nov 24, 2011, 11:04 PM
Vacaville, CA
Joined Jun 2009
121 Posts
I just bought this one minus the radio for around $180, thanks to the black Friday sale! Its gonna be my winter project, sucks that it's back ordered but its usually crappy weather around here in the winter anyway so that makes it a bit easier...
that_dude is offline Find More Posts by that_dude
Old Dec 29, 2011, 01:31 PM
Joined Aug 2005
18 Posts
Hey guy I was wonder if there is any kind of landing gear replacement that I could use. Short story when I landed my left landing gear collapsed and the plastic movable arm that extends the gear broke. Any I ideas, banana hobby sell replacement but for the whole gear kit and not just left side landing gear and its like 70+ dollars which is crazy. Thanks
rochet is offline Find More Posts by rochet