SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 03, 2010, 02:46 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
tony it's time for some TV and video.. for RCG sakes..
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2010, 04:03 PM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,509 Posts
Do you have a few that you can send? Please send them my way!

Best,
Tony
xplaneguy is offline Find More Posts by xplaneguy
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 03, 2010, 04:12 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
loool.. nice one.. you got me there.. MEant thrust vectoring and flying video..
Old Dec 03, 2010, 04:56 PM
Have glue gun, will travel...
USA, NY, LONG ISLAND
Joined Mar 2004
870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplaneguy View Post
I have flown this F-35 twice and it flies great! My only complaint is that when you feed in the up elevator on takeoff...once you've build up enough speed, the aircraft leaps off the runway. This F-35 sits level on the gear and could use a little nose high AOA to get the aircraft to slowly rise. I may look at adding a small block under the nose gear. I don't have specifics on control surface defections. I just center the surfaces, add 50% expo and fly!

I didn't set up thrust vectoring on mine. Flight time is 4 minutes on the stock battery.

Best,
Tony
Tony,
How much juice do you think is left after a 4-min flight???
Ken1.8T is offline Find More Posts by Ken1.8T
Old Dec 03, 2010, 09:53 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Ken .. without having any experience.. it should be . like nothing.. since a 5cell 2.2amp pack shouldn't give that much flying time.. a larger 3000mah pack solved that radical take off problem in my LX F-22.. and gave me 5minute flights or more
Old Dec 03, 2010, 11:47 PM
Atlanta, GA
Joined Mar 2009
889 Posts
I'm still not convinced that this is a good investment of anyone's hobby dollars. It is a nice size plane and looks great static but there just isn't enough supporting information about what a great flyer it is. I'd really like for someone that has a successful flight to take a minute and measure their throws for taileron and thrust vectoring nozzle. For the gentleman that had a list of birds to build, I feel you. My recommendation is that you build the RC Lander first. I had a great flying panther until I flew it into a tree. I have since replaced it with their Cougar that is one of the best flying 70mm edf arf kits that I have ever owned. It isn't a speed demon but my Cougar has an incredibly scale takeoff. I can slowly rotate it and fly it 12 inches off the deck while retracting the landing gear before slowly climbing out. Everybody at the field loves it.
Double E is offline Find More Posts by Double E
Old Dec 04, 2010, 03:57 AM
skunkworks
United States, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2008
1,536 Posts
Well it looks good I can't believe that it would fly like crap. I would buy one test for you guys but I have way too many irons in the fire right now. Of couse if I owned it I would disable the TV on it. She looks nice and BIG, there is a down side to BIG once you start getting a few giant foamies then you have to pick and choose which one you will take to the field unless you own a trailer. This one is on my maybe list!
Dark Angel is offline Find More Posts by Dark Angel
Old Dec 05, 2010, 12:23 AM
Patras, Greece
Joined May 2007
1,291 Posts
Hi.
Some photos of my build.
takis
takiss is offline Find More Posts by takiss
Old Dec 05, 2010, 01:25 AM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,365 Posts
Takiss The mains are rotating gear or did you add that.
Could you also add a pic of the Duct. or is it so unfinished on the inside?
Maxthrottle is offline Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 05, 2010, 01:51 AM
Patras, Greece
Joined May 2007
1,291 Posts
It is stock. I will post photos later today.
Takis
Old Dec 08, 2010, 08:20 PM
Have glue gun, will travel...
USA, NY, LONG ISLAND
Joined Mar 2004
870 Posts
Still, the question remains, 'why didn't BH Pete ever post the flight video of this F-35???'
Ken1.8T is offline Find More Posts by Ken1.8T
Old Dec 09, 2010, 09:03 AM
Patras, Greece
Joined May 2007
1,291 Posts
Hi Maxthrottle.
The photos you asked for.
Old Dec 09, 2010, 12:24 PM
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,365 Posts
Thanks Takiss;
The part I was most curious about was the intake duct. Is there an additional insert that is a smooth duct work that feed to the fan or do they expose the fan to the bulk heads and corners that make up the insides of the airframe?

In any case thanks.
Mine won't be here from EDFHobbies.com for a few more weeks.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2010, 06:15 PM
Atlanta, GA
Joined Mar 2009
889 Posts
The internal area of the plane is wide open with no real ducting to speak of. I considered using some depron foam to create a clean ducting from the intakes to fan unit but ultimatly decided not to invest the time. I crashed mine on maiden and am in the process of repairing it but I've been waiting to see someone else get this plane into the air before wasting any more time on it. Mine seemed pretty unflyable once it took to the air.
Double E is offline Find More Posts by Double E
Old Dec 10, 2010, 12:19 AM
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double E View Post
The internal area of the plane is wide open with no real ducting to speak of. I considered using some depron foam to create a clean ducting from the intakes to fan unit but ultimatly decided not to invest the time. I crashed mine on maiden and am in the process of repairing it but I've been waiting to see someone else get this plane into the air before wasting any more time on it. Mine seemed pretty unflyable once it took to the air.
Do you think it was a cg or link issue? Did it porpoise as soon as it got into the air or what did it start to do that became difficult to manage?
RCG Plus Member