HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 28, 2003, 12:02 AM
CA
Joined Aug 2002
876 Posts
Miniflash #2 - Bee's can't stop me!!!

Here she is, #2. Less than a week into it and not much left to do except wait for my hacker to come back. I repaired the wing and recovered, everything else is from the new kit. I think I did a much better job covering, and the non-see through colors look much better to me... Can't wait to get it in the air!

Hank
Hankstone is offline Find More Posts by Hankstone
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 28, 2003, 12:34 AM
Westerly, RI, USA
Joined Oct 2002
1,482 Posts
Good job! I like the colors... it's a little different than most, which is nice.

Good luck w/ her.

Flew mine 6 times today. Really gave it heck and put it through it's paces... on the fith flight I had a scare. Right thumb slipped off the stick about 60 feet up or more... slid across the radio and nocked a trim slider. ACK! Slow snap rolls down to about 30 feet or so before I figured which control was off... (had massive up elevator in a neutral stick setting now) Barely got her down. Phew. Slightly rough landing on grass.. broke a strap on the motor mount... but had that fixed in about 10-15 minutes at the field. Lucky I was.

-Steve
hopsterguy is offline Find More Posts by hopsterguy
Old Apr 28, 2003, 01:04 AM
Southwest Missouri
Joined Oct 2002
1,354 Posts
Very nice repairs. Looks as good as, or better than, new. LeRoy
mode1 is offline Find More Posts by mode1
Old Apr 28, 2003, 10:42 AM
CA
Joined Aug 2002
876 Posts
Thanks... I used the same scheme but the opaque colors are deeper, much better contrast. I'd like to find some white star decals for the wings... maybe white stripes on one wing and stars on the other... something to break up the blue...

Hank
Old Apr 28, 2003, 01:01 PM
Team 30 Micro EDF
Camarillo, California
Joined Apr 2002
4,516 Posts
I found some white vinyl stars at the local Hobby People. They look pretty good, and they are in a wide variety of sizes. This is a Blitz 400 beta a while back...
Mike Taylor is offline Find More Posts by Mike Taylor
Old Apr 28, 2003, 01:20 PM
CA
Joined Aug 2002
876 Posts
Mike -

Thanks!! Those are exactly what I was thinking of...
Old May 12, 2003, 01:48 PM
CA
Joined Aug 2002
876 Posts
Just got a call from Hacker Motors. The gearbox was toast, $43 for parts, labor, and shipping, very reasonable. It is on it's way back to me right now!!!!!! My Miniflash is ready, just need to toss the new motor mount together and round 2 will begin!
Old May 12, 2003, 09:33 PM
Westerly, RI, USA
Joined Oct 2002
1,482 Posts
If you get a chance, you have to try the speedwing on this plane. It's great! Makes it a totally different plane for not a lot of $$

See mine here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hreadid=113859

-Steve
hopsterguy is offline Find More Posts by hopsterguy
Old May 12, 2003, 09:47 PM
CA
Joined Aug 2002
876 Posts
Very different plane, I'll have to get one of those for sure!