HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 17, 2010, 12:57 PM
Flyer
United States, FL, Lakeland
Joined Nov 2008
204 Posts
Mike,
The stand is catching on and some great ideas and modifications are being applied. Willy did a nice job with his work and version of the stand. Does he have a way of securing it to the ground during windy conditions like Jody came up with?

Rick
Rairwalk is offline Find More Posts by Rairwalk
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 17, 2010, 01:48 PM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Miami Lakes, Florida, USA
Joined Mar 2003
8,485 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rairwalk View Post
Mike,
The stand is catching on and some great ideas and modifications are being applied. Willy did a nice job with his work and version of the stand. Does he have a way of securing it to the ground during windy conditions like Jody came up with?
No, but I did tell him about Jody's idea.
Miami Mike is offline Find More Posts by Miami Mike
Old Feb 02, 2012, 11:27 AM
United States, NY, Buffalo
Joined Mar 2002
1,385 Posts
i know this is a old thread, but thought i'd add to it.

the best stand i have seen yet is like this one . my friends is on a single pole that he sinks into the ground. on the bottom of the holder it's on bearings i believe, so it will windmill with the wind. i'm currently working on mine for the coming season.
doomracing is offline Find More Posts by doomracing